Need help with your equipment?
Morbo93's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 6:48 PM

Why does my email session keep expiring?

Just within the last week or so, whenever I log in to my email account I'm met with the following message.  "Sorry, your session has expired.  Sign In Again.  To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically."  I then reenter my password and get the same message.  This goes on and on.  I'll close the Internet Explorer session, relaunch it and try again.  Sometimes it lets me in, other times I get the same loop as described above.  It does not matter whether or not I check the box to keep me logged in for the next 2 weeks.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Morbo93 - If you have any problem with your att e-mail account the shortest line to resolution is to switch to gmail.
Open a gmail account.
From that account download all your att stuff.
In the att account set it to forward mail to the gmail account.
Use gmail trouble free.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

That worked perfectly, thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Morbo93 - Glad I could help. Thanks for closing the loop.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Come on, if I wanted a gmail account I would have done that from the start.  There must be a legitimate way to clear up this AT&T problem.  It's definitely not my computer because it happens on the desktop, the laptop and at work through their network and servers.  What have you done AT&T?

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

I've been struggling with the same thing on my ATT portal page...but it's only on my home computer.  I can sign in, click the 2 weeks button (even verified through my account settings), but if I close my browser and return, I have to relog in.  The only thing that I can think of that I did, was I cleared my temporary Internet files maybe two weeks ago...right after that is when this started.

How do I get back to keeping logged in for more than the current session?

Kurt

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

You need to have session cookies enabled in order to kep yourself logged into your account.
To enable session cookies on IE9, click on the gear icon at the top right corner then click on "Internet options".
When the settings window opens, click on "Privacy" tab. Click on "Advanced", check the "Override automaticcookie handling" and then check the "Always allow session cookies".

Press OK and you will be done.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.