fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@csapelak wrote:

I would really like to see ATT get the Hallmark Channel.  I love their new series, "Cedar Cove" but cannot watch it since ATT does not have an agreement with them. 

ATT stopped carrying The Hallmark Channel in Sept. of 2010....almost 4 years ago.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@csapelak wrote:

I would really like to see ATT get the Hallmark Channel.  I love their new series, "Cedar Cove" but cannot watch it since ATT does not have an agreement with them. 

How can you love a new series that you can't watch?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@csapelak wrote:

How can you love a new series that you can't watch?

Maybe they watched it at a friend's house, a hotel, on any other provider except U-Verse and so on.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

my mother law lives on the same little piece of property as me....i have uverse she has dish...so her hopper is hooked up to our wifi.....so when i wanna watch a channel i don't have i fire up the old dish anywhere website with hdmi cable to t.v...and watch those channels that way....and she uses our wifi for her own use also

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We are new customers that were told Hallmark was in the lineup. We are very very disappointed to see that it is not. With quality programming suitable for the entire family you have to wonder why this is no longer available. New series being developed Cedar Cove and The Good Witch are shows you can watch with your family. It is our hope AT&T recognizes how rare and valuable that is today. Hopefully this will be brought back into the lineup. We would hate to have to go back to Direct TV.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

double face palm.jpg

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Ok I'm calling you out as Astroturfing.  Hallmark hasn't been carried by U-verse since 2010 and there is NO ONE who would have told you that the channel is carried unless they have really old material or were just outright lying to you.

Cedar Coves TV rating is TV-PG which implies ot me that you can't exactly watch this show with all of your family if you have young kids. 

If you're looking for Family enterainment for younger kids, check out Sprout.  It has a ton of original programming and carries several PBS Kids Tv shows as well.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

Ok I'm calling you out as Astroturfing.  Hallmark hasn't been carried by U-verse since 2010 and there is NO ONE who would have told you that the channel is carried unless they have really old material or were just outright lying to you.

Cedar Coves TV rating is TV-PG which implies ot me that you can't exactly watch this show with all of your family if you have young kids. 

If you're looking for Family enterainment for younger kids, check out Sprout.  It has a ton of original programming and carries several PBS Kids Tv shows as well.

Americangame: A very excellent response. I would hope the original poster would respond to your post, but you know how that goes.

I wish these first time posters, especially on the Hallmark subject, would look for existing threads so that all of these mini Hallmark threads would be eliminated.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@MomsVote wrote:
We are new customers that were told Hallmark was in the lineup. We are very very disappointed to see that it is not. With quality programming suitable for the entire family you have to wonder why this is no longer available. New series being developed Cedar Cove and The Good Witch are shows you can watch with your family. It is our hope AT&T recognizes how rare and valuable that is today. Hopefully this will be brought back into the lineup. We would hate to have to go back to Direct TV.

@MomsVote - Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

However, your post sounds more like a planned, carefully written PR piece than someone who actually has the U-Verse service.  I usually side with pro-Hallmark posters, as my wife really misses the channels.  If you are truly a subscriber who was lied to, well I feel for you, a bit.  You didn't check the line up yourself?  Would you switch Health Insurances without seeing for yourself that your Doctor is not a preferred provider? 

At any rate.  Is Cedar Cove a show to watch with your family?  Folks are alcoholics.  Folks embezzle.  Folks have affairs.  Family friendly?  Let's explain to a twelve year old about Grace and Will's adultery.  "Mommy loves daddy but daddy also loves Jennie, on the next block."  I crack myself up!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.