fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@wmtheel wrote:
The only way to stop the angst created by the continual posting of Hallmark' threads, is to have it return to U-Verse.  I, fully, understand that the return of Hallmark would freak some members out.  Conversely, there are others who would be overjoyed, or ambivalent, with its return. 

However, the aforementioned means nothing, because the ball is in the U-Verse court; our opinions on the subject will, obviously, have no affect on the outcome.  The shaking my head, rolling eyes, and face palms posted, when a new thread starts, only lengthen the thread and compound the misery, for us all.

Bottom line?  Regardless of our feelings, pro or con, we have to grin and bear it!

I doubt that are any subscribers who would be upset (or "freak" as you put it) with the return of the Hallmark channels. A lot of us choose to be realistic about the chances of the return of the two channels rather that getting hysterical and making demands on AT&T and threats to leave U-Verse.

I would like to see the return of both channels just so that U-Verse would have two more HD channels. As far as watching them, I could care less. I think you would find that is the opinion of a good many subscribers if the channels would return.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

dwinth,

You fall into the ambivalent category, that I mentioned.  Maybe I am too much into semantics, but your perception of a few posters differs from mine.  That's okay, because that's life.  If we agreed on everything this would be a boring world, and forum.  That said, rather than copy and paste certain sentences, that I have read in the past, (I am above doing that), there are some who have reacted in a heightened emotional state regarding Hallmark, in general.  The opposites express themselves in a similar manner, because of its absence. PEACE!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Last week I spoke with your representative "Lynette" about my uverse internet bill and your TV programming.  She promised to research the problem and call me Wednesday, June 4, at noon.  She never called.  I'm beginning to think doing business with AT&T is a bad idea.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dwtjst wrote:

Last week I spoke with your representative "Lynette" about my uverse internet bill and your TV programming.  She promised to research the problem and call me Wednesday, June 4, at noon.  She never called.  I'm beginning to think doing business with AT&T is a bad idea.

On May 30, you stated that you "had planned to switch from Direct TV to uverse until I discovered they do not carry the Hallmark channels. That's a deal breaker."

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Where-is-the-Hallmark-Channel/m-p/3989852/highlight/true#M111960

It sounds like you changed your mind, and subscribed to U-Verse since you have a bill, yet you are still unhappy. You already knew that the Hallmark channels were not a part of the U-Verse channel lineup before you signed up.

Correction June 8, 2014. I apologize. I see that you specified U-Verse internet bill, not your U-Verse bill in general that would include television. What problem in general do you have with U-Verse television programming other than U-Verse not having the Hallmark channels? Maybe someone on this forum can help.

If the problem pertains to the Hallmark channels, all of the researching in the world by Lynette will not give any answers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I saw something the other day suggesting Hallmark wanted only about six cents per subscriber. Maybe it was even five cents. I'm sure they'd want an additional fee for their movie channels.

I wouldn't watch those channels, but is AT&T really telling me that they won't raise prices an additional dime (or so) to make these people happy? I know my rates will go up about $5 anyway, once February rolls around. If that's the case, then their ratings must REALLY be low.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:
I saw something the other day suggesting Hallmark wanted only about six cents per subscriber. Maybe it was even five cents. I'm sure they'd want an additional fee for their movie channels.

I wouldn't watch those channels, but is AT&T really telling me that they won't raise prices an additional dime (or so) to make these people happy? I know my rates will go up about $5 anyway, once February rolls around. If that's the case, then their ratings must REALLY be low.

It may not seem like much, but since Hallmark was on every package that means over 5 million TV subscribers.  That's $250000/mo or $3 Million per year.  On it's best day, Hallmark barely gets 1 million viewers between ALL providers. It's all about ROI.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, they need to sit in a room with chocolate and wine and watch a hallmark movie marathon till they work it out! Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@kayvansylvan wrote:

Yeah, they need to sit in a room with chocolate and wine and watch a hallmark movie marathon till they work it out! Smiley Very Happy

If I were in that room being forced to watch a Hallmark move marathon, I would want to leave as soon as possible. I would sign anything just to get out of there.

I will take a "Law and Order SVU" marathon anytime.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@kayvansylvan wrote:

Doing that would force me to get up and walk away.  That could be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

kgraham182 writes, "I'm starting to believe these are employees complaining about U-Verse not having Hallmark. It's always [started by] the OP making [his/her] first post about this topic. Usually your 1st post is how do I use this or that feature, not why U-Verse [does not] provide such channel."

For however long I've been here, once this pattern became established and noticed by me, I suspected precisely what you have written. I don't know if that's true. It dawns on me some of it is legit; some of it is organized.

I am supportive of getting Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel (in SD and HD formats) returned to the channel lineup of AT&T U-verse. And the topic has been discussed quite exhaustively. But, the conspicuousness of the one-and-done thread postings sends out an alarm.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@LoveHD wrote:

kgraham182 writes, "I'm starting to believe these are employees complaining about U-Verse not having Hallmark. It's always [started by] the OP making [his/her] first post about this topic. Usually your 1st post is how do I use this or that feature, not why U-Verse [does not] provide such channel."

For however long I've been here, once this pattern became established and noticed by me, I suspected precisely what you have written. I don't know if that's true. It dawns on me some of it is legit; some of it is organized.

You know the Blaze movements are organized since they seem to come in waves

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.