fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

It might be sooner than later:   Sunday announcement?

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

1. Not having 5 million uverse subscribers is one thing. Not having the combined 25 million Uverse and Directv subscribers is a whole other thing. Although  this merger will take a while to be completed I can see hallmark and AT&T maybe sitting down for some discussions again.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

The possiblities are endless if this merger comes about. There could be the return of the Hallmark and the Hallmark Movie channels as well as the return of the NHL Network with the inclusion of NHL Center Ice. We could have MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday Ticket.

Anything is possible, or some is possible, or none is possible. We will have to wait and see.

If all of this comes about, the One Post One and Dones will have very little to complain about, but sure enough they will find something.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I had planned to switch from Direct TV to uverse until I discovered they do not carry the Hallmark channels. That's a deal breaker.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I really want the Hallmark Channel. At the size of ATT, I would think you could work out a deal. You are not exactly losing money.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

imagesP3EOFY0E.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@glaverdiere wrote:

I really want the Hallmark Channel. At the size of ATT, I would think you could work out a deal. You are not exactly losing money.

The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Make your request here:  http://uversechannels.att.com/

AT&T is fully aware of the demand for the return of the Hallmark Channel. I could care less to watch it, but I do want it back for two reasons: 1) The more SD and HD channels on U-Verse the better and 2) To end all of the requests for the Hallmark Channel that pop up like from time to time.

If you are new to U-Verse then you should have checked the channel lineup before you signed up.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Since DirecTV has Hallmark and AT&T now owns them, I think it is only a matter of time before the two respective channel lineups are streamlined.  Then all UVerse customers will have Hallmark.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@TVFan wrote:

Since DirecTV has Hallmark and AT&T now owns them, I think it is only a matter of time before the two respective channel lineups are streamlined.  Then all UVerse customers will have Hallmark.

Do not expect the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel to automatically be part of the U-Verse lineup after U-Verse buys DirectTV. It all depends on how the contract is worded, and how separate or together the two entities will be treated. Crown Media will also have a big say-so in what the result will be.

It could very well be that at the beginning U-Verse will still not have the Hallmark channels while DirectTV will continue to do so. Being a larger entity after the merger will give AT&T more bargaining power with Crown Media.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

In looking at Hallmark's 1st Quarter 2014 report here (PDF), their advertising revenue is up, subscriber fees are up, yet their net income is down 17% in 2014 numbers versus 2013.

Chart on page 28 at the link above also shows Nielsen numbers for the same 3 month period.  In their target demographic (Women 25-54), Hallmark Channel is DOWN 10% total day (6a to 6a) and in primetime, they're down 3%.  The chart is sort of disingenuous, in that they've rounded the numbers to tenths, the numbers appear identical, yet they tout increases in percentages -- which really makes the data they're furnishing pretty useless.

Keep in mind, also, that Hallmark LOST their international branding when they got into a fight with NBC Universal (who was distributing them worldwide) back in 2010, presumably over them thinking they were "all that," and deserved more money.  Hallmark has never rectified that problem, and conveniently make no mention of it unless you want to scrub through their earnings listings way back.  (That was also before NBCU got under the Comcast umbrella.)

In looking at their programming, you can find practically all of their reruns on some other cable channel, or even one of your local channels.  The only thing Hallmark has are their own movies, and they've been re-run so many times that they don't even put them into the regular weekday primetime lineup on Hallmark Channel itself.

Prove it, you say?  On U-verse channels, for your convenience:

The Golden Girls -- TV Land (138/1138), Logo (183)

Frasier -- Lifetime (360/1360)

I Love Lucy -- MeTV (136)

Little House on the Prairie -- INSP (564)

The Waltons -- INSP (564)

The Middle -- ABC Family (178/1178)

Glad I'm not paying for Hallmark's "once-in-a-great-while-we-put-a-new-program-on" greatness.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.