fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

Then you might as well drop all cable/satellite providers because EVERY provider has dropped channels due to a contract dispute.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Not a bad idea!!!

Guru

• 

785 Messages

10 years ago

I was really hoping the TVG would become the new Hallmark Channel thread. I guest not.Smiley Sad

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@davette59 wrote:

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

1. The word you're looking for is "lose" not "loose".

2. If you read over your contract, if you even have one, you can see that there aren't any TV channels listed on it and there is a disclaimer stating that availability of channels may change.

3. Some dude from some state near Mexico lists the channel negotiations every month. I can think of three channels that were dropped. To say "take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation" is simply wrong. 99.9% of the time, the companies successfully negotiate a deal.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

My wife will not do without the Hallmark channel so even though I was ready to sign up with Uverse, I have decided to go with Dish network. I am so dissatisfied with Direct TV, I am going to pay the $100 penalty just to get out of the contract. I just don't think AT&T offers what it's competitors do. I do like the fact that AT&T only requires a one year contract though. Oh Well!

Dave

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
My wife will not do without the Hallmark channel so even though I was ready to sign up with Uverse, I have decided to go with Dish network. I am so dissatisfied with Direct TV, I am going to pay the $100 penalty just to get out of the contract. I just don't think AT&T offers what it's competitors do. I do like the fact that AT&T only requires a one year contract though. Oh Well!

Dave

@davette59, at least you did what many others have not and researched your options to know whether the providers have the channels that are important to you.  Good luck with Dish.  Who will you use for Internet?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:

Dave

The funny thing about those penalties? They're part of the reason the "new customer discounts" are so enticing...the logic behind the TV providers is "Come to us! We'll pay you to get you out of your contract."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We just had U-verse installed yesterday. I had no idea Hallmark was not available. Does AT&T ever intend on adding them back?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?  All through the holiday season I saw great commercials for the holiday Hallmark Channel movies.   Meanwhile AT&T keeps adding useless "interactive" channels and other new channels that no one cares about.  BRING BACK HALLMARK!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@jeanneintexas wrote:

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?  All through the holiday season I saw great commercials for the holiday Hallmark Channel movies.   Meanwhile AT&T keeps adding useless "interactive" channels and other new channels that no one cares about.  BRING BACK HALLMARK!

NEVER....HALLMARK IS GONE...LET US HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR HALLMARK AND THE HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL.  Smiley Sad

IT'S BEEN GONE FOR OVER 3 YEARS.  THERE IS NO WORD ON IT EVER COMING BACK TO UVERSE.  WE ARE DEEPLY SORRY IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR UVERSE WITHOUT KNOWING THIS INFORMATION.

NOW, LET'S ALL TRY TO MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.  Smiley Frustrated

....AND YES, I CHANGED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD SINCE THERE HAVE BEEN 2 POSTS IN THE LAST 30 MINS. ASKING ABOUT HALLMARK.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.