fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Brianbastos wrote:
Hallmark is over at Comcast Xfinity.

You're point?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@Brianbastos wrote:
Hallmark is over at Comcast Xfinity.

You're point?

Not speaking for Brian, but his point is that Comcast has it, TWC has it, Dish has it, Direct has it, Cox has it....  Just about everyone  has it except for ... you know who. Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I can tell you; the number of persons that !Stop!!! my Install-- Worsre when it's done to put back cable when the "No HallMark" refrence comes up! Hey Stupid! It's going to pay for it!!! Come on left hands and right hands and LISTEN from all others!!! Louisville!!!

Also the (3) KET channels lost in KY as per sey "Local" lose a few too. some persons get Two dishes to get them all!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Boots on the Ground wrote:

I can tell you; the number of persons that !Stop!!! my Install-- Worsre when it's done to put back cable when the "No HallMark" refrence comes up! Hey Stupid! It's going to pay for it!!! Come on left hands and right hands and LISTEN from all others!!! Louisville!!!

Also the (3) KET channels lost in KY as per sey "Local" lose a few too. some persons get Two dishes to get them all!

Please let us know your source and how your receive your numbers that indicate how many people say, "Stop!!! my Install-- Worsre when it's done to put back cable when the "No HallMark" refrence comes up!"

Can you give us exact numbers? We are interested. The fault lies with those people whom you claim to speak for who should have checked the U-Verse channel lineup before they signed up. Hallmark has been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010.

Your post makes very little sense. When you say, " Louisville!!!", does that indicate your preference for college basketball teams?

I do not understand your final sentence. Can you explain?  "Also the (3) KET channels lost in KY as per sey "Local" lose a few too. some persons get Two dishes to get them all!"

You might be on the wrong forum. U-Verse does not have satellite dishes. You should post on the Direct TV or Dish forums.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

When I had DISH, I had to have two dishes to get all my local channels. And, having spent some time in Louisville, I know that KET is Kentucky Educational Television. KET, just like South Carolina ETV has subchannels that U-Verse fails to carry. I pull them down with an OTA antenna now. But I am still very confused. If the poster is thinking of DISH, it has always had Hallmark and still does. And I am not even sure U-Verse is available in Kentucky. A confusing post all the way around.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

Cody: According to this map, U-Verse is available in Kentucky. I would assume that Louisville is included, but I cannot say that it definitely is.

http://www.attsavings.com/availability

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Please pass on my discontentment with AT&T and not carrying Hallmark.  I left Time Warner because they dropped popular channels and I guess I will have to continue my search for satisfaction in my cable provider.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@mwierick wrote:

Please pass on my discontentment with AT&T and not carrying Hallmark.  I left Time Warner because they dropped popular channels and I guess I will have to continue my search for satisfaction in my cable provider.

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. You should have checked the U-Verse channel lineup before you signed up. I hope that you are not under contract with AT&T for U-Verse. Otherwise, you will be paying $180 to get out of the contract.

All providers drop channels at time. Good luck in finding a new provider that satisfies your needs.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I hated when they took it off...Actually I have been with U-Verse for a long time and before we switch to them that was one of the things I requested and of course then they had those Hallmark channels. I called right after we got the announcement - all the person at the other end could say - we are getting a lot of calls on this topic and we cannot do anything about it because Hallmark was to high for us to offer it...... that they will cut it off. This to me is just who can make ATT the big bucks! I do go visit my relative and watch it during the holidays and wish we had it back!! What makes me upset is that they have lots of channels that we do not watch for a few we like to watch... Some I know are quite bad and also there are so many sponsored ad channels! So really it is just a game of who can make them a profit.. I know personally some friends who have choices and will not switch until that is offered!!! I am using U-verse mostly because we need the internet and also the service is better when you think it rarely goes down like the other providers. We have choices in our area and I have tried most of them except dish since that is not reliable with the weather being a factor for service. But anyway I work to many hours to view tv, but would like to just record it and watch it at another time like I do now for some of the shows I like... 🙂 And really we are paying too much for the channel line ups for them to decide what we should and should not watch! Like the old saying "MONEY TALKS!"  🙂 I remember the days when payed cable would give you mostly non-commercial channels... because we payed for it.... Whow has that changed! I knew that would not last.... Think about it all those sport channels have sponsors and you still have to pay to have them!!! Except for HBO that has kept their word for the sports and movies but you may have to watch them has replays sometimes since those programs have to make money. One of the children program, Disney Channel, use to have no commercials boy that changed too...

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@digitrds wrote:

I hated when they took it off...Actually I have been with U-Verse for a long time and before we switch to them that was one of the things I requested and of course then they had those Hallmark channels. I called right after we got the announcement - all the person at the other end could say - we are getting a lot of calls on this topic and we cannot do anything about it because Hallmark was to high for us to offer it...... that they will cut it off. This to me is just who can make ATT the big bucks! I do go visit my relative and watch it during the holidays and wish we had it back!! What makes me upset is that they have lots of channels that we do not watch for a few we like to watch... Some I know are quite bad and also there are so many sponsored ad channels! So really it is just a game of who can make them a profit.. I know personally some friends who have choices and will not switch until that is offered!!! I am using U-verse mostly because we need the internet and also the service is better when you think it rarely goes down like the other providers. We have choices in our area and I have tried most of them except dish since that is not reliable with the weather being a factor for service. But anyway I work to many hours to view tv, but would like to just record it and watch it at another time like I do now for some of the shows I like... 🙂 And really we are paying too much for the channel line ups for them to decide what we should and should not watch! Like the old saying "MONEY TALKS!"  🙂 I remember the days when payed cable would give you mostly non-commercial channels... because we payed for it.... Whow has that changed! I knew that would not last.... Think about it all those sport channels have sponsors and you still have to pay to have them!!! Except for HBO that has kept their word for the sports and movies but you may have to watch them has replays sometimes since those programs have to make money. One of the children program, Disney Channel, use to have no commercials boy that changed too...

You state that you have been with U-Verse a long time, even back when they had Hallmark. Yet, you are so very unhappy with everything, even things, that U-Verse has no control over.

Perhaps you should find another provider that meets your needs. I doubt you will find what you are looking for.

U-Verse is growing nicely despite not having the Hallmark channels since September 1, 2010.

This Hallmark stuff is getting so old and boring. Actually, it is not getting so old and boring. It has been old and boring for a long time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.