fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I love Cedar Cove too!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Do you really mean the shopping channels help lower my bill?????

I can honestly say that my bill has only gone up. It has never been lowered. If your statement about shopping channels were correct then that would add credence to those of us that would like the Hallmark channel returned to our Uverse service, AT&T could use some of that shopping channel lute to put it back on.

By the way how much did you see your monthly bill go down when they added the dozen or so of new shopping and advertising channels?

I just counted the shopping and advertising channels (not including the AT&T ones) - 54, 28 SD and 26 HD. I hope they can perfect the 3D shopping channels for next year. My bill will go down some more.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Okimamma wrote:
I love Me-TV and Hallmark Movie Channel. I love to watch Night Gallery, Thriller, Perry Mason on Me-TV, and Murder She Wrote on Hallmark Movie Channel, as well as their Christmas programming. I am with Time Warner Cable right now, I was trying to find out if AT&T carried these channel before I switch, I'm glad I checked!!!!

I'm glad you checked, too.  Actually, ME-TV is available on AT&T U-verse in some markets.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Copycat68 wrote:

I can honestly say that my bill has only gone up. It has never been lowered. If your statement about shopping channels were correct then that would add credence to those of us that would like the Hallmark channel returned to our Uverse service, AT&T could use some of that shopping channel lute to put it back on.

By the way how much did you see your monthly bill go down when they added the dozen or so of new shopping and advertising channels?

I mean to say that AT&T has revenue targets like any other company.  If they don't meet them some other way, then they get more money from you and me to meet them.  Most of these shopping channels can be easily hidden from the guide and have exactly that much effect on me.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Compared to two years ago my current bill is much lower 🙂

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Copycat68 wrote:

What cable company has lowered their bills?  I will say that between Comcast and U-Verse, my bill has gone up less (and less often) and "retentions" will offer more to keep existing customers.

As far as Hallmark, my wife misses them - if it's important to her - it's important to me.    I keep plugging to get them back.  Against all odds, lol.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

@toria55 wrote:

The last post about how big a companyATT/ Uverse is, is amusing considering the first posts talk about negotiating problem with Crown and ATT was because Crown wanted ATT to pay the big company fees and ATT felt they should pay the small company fees. 

There is not supposed to be any such thing as a "big company fee" or a "small company fee".  That is exactly the issue.

The fee is per subscriber per month.  So, hypothetically, if Hallmark wants 6 cents per subscriber per month, then with AT&T on U200 (about 5M subscribers), AT&T would have to pay $300,000 per month to carry the channel.  For DirecTV, with 15M subscribers, they pay 3 times as much.

The issue is that DirecTV, Dish, other cable providers, etc. were paying Crown Media (owners of Hallmark) a lot less per subscriber per month than Crown was demanding from AT&T.  How is that fair that AT&T has to pay more?  Thus AT&T dropped them.

How would you feel if Wal-Mart was selling Levi's blue jeans to everyone else for $19.95, but demanded that you pay $29.95?  You'd tell them to go sit and spin too ...

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I doubt Crown will accept the correspondingly lower number of subscribers at the offered price, so they'd want yet more money per subscriber.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I doubt Crown will accept the correspondingly lower number of subscribers at the offered price, so they'd want yet more money per subscriber.

Why not?  It's revenue, and additional audience for advertisers.

The answer to this whole thing is the elimination of these 1-to-1 negotiations between content providers and content distributors.  The content should be traded on an open market just like commodities futures, and any content distributor can buy it at the market price.

If DirecTV goes to the market and buys June 2014 delivery of Hallmark for 6 cents/subscriber, every other provider should be able to buy it at the same price.

If Fox Sports Southwest loses coverage of the Astros and Rockets, the price for future delivery of the channel would drop sharply because providers wouldn't buy it at the former price.

If customer tastes for programming change, channel pricing should change accordingly because of increasing or decreasing demand.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:

@JefferMC wrote:

Why not?  It's revenue, and additional audience for advertisers.

The answer to this whole thing is the elimination of these 1-to-1 negotiations between content providers and content distributors.  The content should be traded on an open market just like commodities futures, and any content distributor can buy it at the market price.

If DirecTV goes to the market and buys June 2014 delivery of Hallmark for 6 cents/subscriber, every other provider should be able to buy it at the same price.

If Fox Sports Southwest loses coverage of the Astros and Rockets, the price for future delivery of the channel would drop sharply because providers wouldn't buy it at the former price.

If customer tastes for programming change, channel pricing should change accordingly because of increasing or decreasing demand.

In my opinion, doing something like that would sharply drop the price of ESPN.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.