fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Chaosnmyfam wrote:
Is there any chance of someone budging and bringing the Hallmark Channel back? And what "worked"?

Can you explain what you mean by "And what "worked"?"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am also sad that we that ha e Uverse can no longer get Hallmark and HMC. I have switched to watching TVland and an aweful lot of football now. I have also bought a lot of Christian movies at Christian book stores. I also watch a lot of the other Christian channels If I even watch tv. I rrally can't find anything on tv anymore that is worth watching, it's all so gross, immoral or just plan mean that I don't want to watch it and don't want my grand kids exposed to it. I do wish we could get the Hallmark channels back. It does seem a shame that we can't have some really decent shows on some of the more than 300 channels that we are paying for.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Rbowen2013 wrote:

I am also sad that we that ha e Uverse can no longer get Hallmark and HMC. I have switched to watching TVland and an aweful lot of football now. I have also bought a lot of Christian movies at Christian book stores. I also watch a lot of the other Christian channels If I even watch tv. I rrally can't find anything on tv anymore that is worth watching, it's all so gross, immoral or just plan mean that I don't want to watch it and don't want my grand kids exposed to it. I do wish we could get the Hallmark channels back. It does seem a shame that we can't have some really decent shows on some of the more than 300 channels that we are paying for.

As it has been said over and over again, the Hallmark and Hallmark Movie Channel have not been part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. How long have you been a subscriber to U-Verse? If you were a subcriber before that time, and if your are truly that unhappy with U-Verse, then you should have switched to another provider long ago. This is the fourth holiday season that U-Verse has not had Hallmark.

You should have checked the channel lineups to make sure the Hallmark channels were part of U-Verse before you signed up.

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder, and come back to respond.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Seems ATT is only carrier in the area with this problem. Hallmark is on Comcast, Dish, and one other that I could find. Their rates are in line and even lower than Uverse. Guess I will have to start thinking about changing back to Comcast. Maybe leave phone and internet with att and switch tv to Comcast or something like this.

[Subject edited to clarify topic]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Seems like att wants to just get smaller and smaller with uverse

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@jimhc wrote:

Is that the reason the number of U-verse TV subcribers goes up each quarter and is now 5.3 million making U-verse the 5th largest TV provider in the country? I know if they had the Hallmark Channel, they would be th largest TV provider in the country, right?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@jimhc wrote:

Is that the reason the number of U-verse TV subcribers goes up each quarter and is now 5.3 million making U-verse the 5th largest TV provider in the country? I know if they had the Hallmark Channel, they would be th largest TV provider in the country, right?

U funny guy. Smiley Very Happy

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The last post about how big a companyATT/ Uverse is, is amusing considering the first posts talk about negotiating problem with Crown and ATT was because Crown wanted ATT to pay the big company fees and ATT felt they should pay the small company fees.  After almost 4 years, they hopefully are working behind the scenes to resolve this issue.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

toria writes, "After almost 4 years, they hopefully are working behind the scenes to resolve this issue."

Three years.

I don't imagine reaching agreement to return carriage of Hallmark Channel (SD and HD) and Hallmark Movie Channel (SD and HD) to AT&T U-verse is impossible. That it would be like trying to move a mountain.

I believe that AT&T U-verse was not intent on paying what it may have figured was too much being asked by Crown Media.

Three years later, Crown Media still has one less provider. And AT&T U-verse does rank among the Top 10 cable television providers in the U.S. in subscribers.

So what explains why Crown Media appears unwilling to step up, given it would seem Crown Media needs AT&T U-verse more than the reverse? I think something rather pathetic is the answer to that question.

People wanting Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel back on the system of AT&T U-verse are reasonable. But for those new subscribers who claim to have just learned that the programming isn't carried, it is a mistake to sign up without being sufficiently informed in advance. (The channel lineups from any company are usually made available over the Internet.) As for those who have been upset for the three years the programming has not been carried, and that they have not dropped service, I think something else explains why they have stayed. What would explain that is that AT&T U-verse's 2010 losses of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel were not compelling enough to get those subscribers to cancel service.

I hope Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel come back. I am tired of the topic. And I think it is reasonable to want these two back along with the many basic cable programmers that are routinely available from just about U.S. cable television system.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I love Me-TV and Hallmark Movie Channel. I love to watch Night Gallery, Thriller, Perry Mason on Me-TV, and Murder She Wrote on Hallmark Movie Channel, as well as their Christmas programming. I am with Time Warner Cable right now, I was trying to find out if AT&T carried these channel before I switch, I'm glad I checked!!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.