fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

You bet. AT&T is a large company and they specialize in negotiating. They have no problem charging us high dollar. What do they want Hallmark to do, give them access to the channel free. Just as customers pay for what they want, AT&T must do the same to ensure customer satisfaction. On the other hand, if they do not care to satisfy their customers, then other companies are waiting in line for our dollars.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

This is not an acceptable solution. What do you do, just post the pleasant responses in this forum? This is bogus.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@wmabel wrote:
This is not an acceptable solution. What do you do, just post the pleasant responses in this forum? This is bogus.

We are subscribers/customers just like you.  What answer/solution do you expect anyone on a message board to provide to you?

FACT:  ATT Uverse has not had Hallmark channel in over 3 years.

FACT:  ATT states that negotiations were fruitless.

FACT:  You can get Hallmark through other providers if it's that important.

FACT:  I personally don't give a rat's patootie about Hallmark channel.

Thank you.  Drive through.

SantaMeme.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@wmabel wrote:

This is not acceptable. Customers are demanding a service and no attempt is made to resolve this issue. What do they mean, fair deal? Customers pay high dollar for U-verse service and cannot get the one channel we want because AT&T is not willing to put the customer first. My God, bite the bullet and negotiate a deal. Hallmark offers the best Christmas movies and Lifetime (AT&T's alternate) is not satisfactory.

I am beginning to think AT&T is anti-Chistmas and anti-christ

Channel 560 - Trinity Broadcast Network

Channel 562 - Eternal Word Television Network

Channel 563 - Daystar Network

Channel 564 - Inspiration Network

Channel 565 - The Church Channel

Channel 566 - Family Net

Channel 567 - BYU Network

Channel 570 - JCTV

Channel 575 - The Word Network

Channel 578 - Family Entertainment Network

Channel 580 - Son Life Broadcast Network

If they were anti-Christ as you mentioned, they wouldn't have ANY Christian channels, so that blows your theory there.

. AT&T even charges a fee to watch many of the Christmas movies on demand.

Most if not all providers have an OnDemand section where you pay for seasonal movies/shows.  There are plenty of free ones available if you just check the TV guide. Many of them will be aired at one time or another between now and Christmas as well.  I provided a link in this thread that shows a 26 page list of Christmas/Holiday shows that will be airing between now and Christmas, but I'll provide the link to the list here.

This is not right. This is the second year I have suffered through this mess and I will not tolerate a third year of this bogus excuse.

Since this the 4th Christmas season WITHOUT Hallmark channel (it was dropped in Aug. 2010 so 2010, 2011 and 2012 were all without it) you've had AMPLE opportunities to change providers if it that important to you. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I figure this is no-win situation, but, is getting really aggravating. I go to DVR Christmas programs for the grandkids coming over for a couple of days and almost ALL of the specials are on HMC or Hallmark!!! Pretty discussing.  Isn't it about time that something was worked out with ATT & Hallmark to get this wonderful channel.  I do like my U-Verse  - except for this issue. I have "gotten" over missing other shows on Hallmark and I guess I will explain to the kids that two big companies keep fighting!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@BRDiver wrote:

I figure this is no-win situation, but, is getting really aggravating. I go to DVR Christmas programs for the grandkids coming over for a couple of days and almost ALL of the specials are on HMC or Hallmark!!! Pretty discussing.  Isn't it about time that something was worked out with ATT & Hallmark to get this wonderful channel.  I do like my U-Verse  - except for this issue. I have "gotten" over missing other shows on Hallmark and I guess I will explain to the kids that two big companies keep fighting!

I will be so glad when the holiday season is over, and the Hallmark complaint numbers will go down. As it has been repeated over and over again, Hallmark has not been a part of U-Verse since September 1, 2010. If it was so important for you to have Hallmark, you should have checked the channel lineups before you signed up for U-Verse.

How old are your grandkids?  If they are small, you can use sock puppets to explain the situation between AT&T and Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark channels. One sock can be AT&T while the other is Crown Media. It is a good way of amusing them. Perhaps you can stage a fight between the sock puppets. If the AT&T sock wins, then no Hallmark. If the Crown Media sock wins, U-Verse has to start having the Hallmark channels immediately with no raise in fees.

We are all subscribers just like you on this forum, so there is nothing we can do.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Is there any chance of someone budging and bringing the Hallmark Channel back? And what "worked"?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Why is it that the Hallmark Channel is not available on UVerse but is available

through DirectTV?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@MeeMeeC wrote:

through DirectTV?

Negotiations between Hallmark & ATT broke down three years ago (9/2010). 

No additional progress was made AFAWK.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@MeeMeeC wrote:

through DirectTV?

Why are other channels available through U-Verse and not DirectTV? That is just the way it is. Channel lineups are not identical for each television provider.

Just because one provider carries a channel does not mean the others should carry it, too. If you are unhappy with the particular channel lineup of your provider, then switch to another provider. Then you may find there are channels you liked on your former provider that your new provider does not carry.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.