For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@jlwmcfarland wrote:

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/ChannelLocator/Channel_locator_request.aspx?zip 

I am sure youre effort is appreciated, but that link to Hallmark is pretty useless. Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark and Hallmark Movie Channel, is very much aware that U-Verse does not carry their channels.

Please continue to post on this forum. You have two very good first posts.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I'm NEW to Uverse - sadly - and enjoyed all last Christmas watching the Hallmark Channel while at home - wonderful movies.  NOW - unfortunately - I find that ATT dropped Hallmark back years ago and because of the lack of forethought on my part - I'm stuck at least for 7 mos and 21 days before I'll be going back to COMCAST.  I am SICK that I ever switched.  Slow internet - problems constantly with TV's - every morning having a blue screen and having to use the tv remote to switch over to tv then back to dmi1 - what the? - THEN...,it works.  Or, unplug the unit for 10 seconds, plug it back in - wait for the ATT bing bing bing circle to reconnect - then.......you get tv.  How, pray tell, is that BETTER.  The channels are totally mixed up - so so so so so so sad I switched,  COMCAST - I love you and I will be back 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@krolakb wrote:

I'm NEW to Uverse - sadly - and enjoyed all last Christmas watching the Hallmark Channel while at home - wonderful movies.  NOW - unfortunately - I find that ATT dropped Hallmark back years ago and because of the lack of forethought on my part - I'm stuck at least for 7 mos and 21 days before I'll be going back to COMCAST.  I am SICK that I ever switched.  Slow internet - problems constantly with TV's - every morning having a blue screen and having to use the tv remote to switch over to tv then back to dmi1 - what the? - THEN...,it works.  Or, unplug the unit for 10 seconds, plug it back in - wait for the ATT bing bing bing circle to reconnect - then.......you get tv.  How, pray tell, is that BETTER.  The channels are totally mixed up - so so so so so so sad I switched,  COMCAST - I love you and I will be back 

1.  Yes, Hallmark has been gone for over 3 years.  If it's one of your faves, you probably should've checked before you switched.  No one provider carries every channel.

2.  Blue screen means you're turning your TV off but your box is still on and is going into the screen saver mode.  Make sure your box is OFF (all lights off) along with your TV.

3.  Channels mixed up?  EVERY provider places channels differently.  I, personally, like the way Uverse organizes their channels.  But there is a learning curve.

4.  Comcast=evil at my house....but that's just me.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@krolakb wrote:

1.  Yes, Hallmark has been gone for over 3 years.  If it's one of your faves, you probably should've checked before you switched.  No one provider carries every channel.

2.  Blue screen means you're turning your TV off but your box is still on and is going into the screen saver mode.  Make sure your box is OFF (all lights off) along with your TV.

3.  Channels mixed up?  EVERY provider places channels differently.  I, personally, like the way Uverse organizes their channels.  But there is a learning curve.

4.  Comcast=evil at my house....but that's just me.

Unfortunately that is a customer fail, on all levels.  It took them 4 months and 9 days to discover that they did not have a channel that they HAD to have?  It's also apparent that in 4 months and 9 days, they did not learn how to use the equipment (either not fully turning everything off or hitting the 8 hour standby switchover) nor did they learn the channel positions.  I normally side with the Hallmark "whiners" but this one has a funny smell, lol.  

7 Months, 20 days and a wakeup!  Tomorrow, they will be so short, they can parachute off a paperclip!  

COMCAST: 1-800XFINITY Smiley Tongue

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

I was pretty admant about HGTV & DIY and verified that Uverse carried BOTH. 

Would I have been PO'd if they hadn't?  Yes, but it would be my own fault.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I know a solution has been accepted but I have another to offer. Go to hallmarkchannel.com Go to channel locator at the very bottom of the page. Request Hallmark Channel to add to At&T. We are scheduled to change U-Verse next week but I just realized Hallmark Channels are not available. Now I'm contemplating staying with dish.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

On the Hallmark website, they are more than willing to work with ATT on a contract. We pay high dollar for ATT U-verse and ATT needs to do whatever is needed to ensure customer satisfaction.

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@wmabel wrote:

On the Hallmark website, they are more than willing to work with ATT on a contract. ...

Took Hallmark's word for that, did ya?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

This is not acceptable. Customers are demanding a service and no attempt is made to resolve this issue. What do they mean, fair deal? Customers pay high dollar for U-verse service and cannot get the one channel we want because AT&T is not willing to put the customer first. My God, bite the bullet and negotiate a deal. Hallmark offers the best Christmas movies and Lifetime (AT&T's alternate) is not satisfactory. I am beginning to think AT&T is anti-Chistmas and anti-christ. AT&T even charges a fee to watch many of the Christmas movies on demand. This is not right. This is the second year I have suffered through this mess and I will not tolerate a third year of this bogus excuse.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T has fancy technology but they are not willing to get the one TV channel that many of its viewers desire, the Hallmark Channel. What is the use in having fancy technology and a thousand TV channels if you do not have the one channel you enjoy watching?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.