Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 11, 2014
3:55:50 PM
View profile
Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Accepted Solution

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

786 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(786)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 12:41:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

LoveHD wrote:

mamaste writes [from Aug. 1, 2013]: "The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010."

It sounds like Crown Media and AT&T U-verse should reach an agreement not long from now. Based on your post from nearly two months ago. Or, if that's incorrect - then there may be a bad relationship between the two companies. That neither wants to do business with the other.

As for the arguments for why AT&T U-verse should bring back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel: I'm in support of their returns. I don't know the details of proposed contracts going back three years. I don't know how much of what you have written is accurate. But based on the last three years, I think it's obvious that AT&T U-verse has demonstrated it doesn't need Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel as much as Crown Media needs Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel to be carried by AT&T U-verse. This "AT&T Community Forum," with however many troll postings (and threads), has been a really good example of that.

Even at $.05 per subscriber you are still looking at over $3MILLION per year for a network that on it's best day draws less than 2 Million viewers for it's highest rated movie ever. A typical day for Hallmark is around 750000 viewers at best and that's across EVERY major provider that's less than 75000 per provider.  For AT&T that works out to about $40 per actual viewer that watches Hallmark.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

LoveHD wrote:

mamaste writes [from Aug. 1, 2013]: "The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010."

It sounds like Crown Media and AT&T U-verse should reach an agreement not long from now. Based on your post from nearly two months ago. Or, if that's incorrect - then there may be a bad relationship between the two companies. That neither wants to do business with the other.

As for the arguments for why AT&T U-verse should bring back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel: I'm in support of their returns. I don't know the details of proposed contracts going back three years. I don't know how much of what you have written is accurate. But based on the last three years, I think it's obvious that AT&T U-verse has demonstrated it doesn't need Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel as much as Crown Media needs Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel to be carried by AT&T U-verse. This "AT&T Community Forum," with however many troll postings (and threads), has been a really good example of that.

Even at $.05 per subscriber you are still looking at over $3MILLION per year for a network that on it's best day draws less than 2 Million viewers for it's highest rated movie ever. A typical day for Hallmark is around 750000 viewers at best and that's across EVERY major provider that's less than 75000 per provider.  For AT&T that works out to about $40 per actual viewer that watches Hallmark.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: hallmark

90 of 787 (3,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 5:14:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Still need to get that channel back I changed my service not realizing you didnt have it I am not renewing in december I will be going thru another cable co
Still need to get that channel back I changed my service not realizing you didnt have it I am not renewing in december I will be going thru another cable co

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

91 of 787 (9,783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 6:39:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Oct 27, 2013 at 6:41:13 AM

brenda2013 wrote:

So let's see, if your contract is up in December, that means you've had UVerse for almost a year and yet you wait until your 11th month to sign up to say  you're leaving without the Hallmark Channel.  You had 30 days when you first signed up to cancel with no penalties.  Hallmark has been gone since Sept. of 2010 and NONE of the printed or online channel guides show Hallmark.  Your "threat" holds no water.  Enjoy your new service in December.

brenda2013 wrote:

So let's see, if your contract is up in December, that means you've had UVerse for almost a year and yet you wait until your 11th month to sign up to say  you're leaving without the Hallmark Channel.  You had 30 days when you first signed up to cancel with no penalties.  Hallmark has been gone since Sept. of 2010 and NONE of the printed or online channel guides show Hallmark.  Your "threat" holds no water.  Enjoy your new service in December.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
92 of 787 (9,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 11:35:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel.  I have already been checking prices and availablity.  I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to.

I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel.  I have already been checking prices and availablity.  I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to.

93 of 787 (9,623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 12:34:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

WS2011 wrote:

Good luck with your new provider.  Unfortunately threatening to or actually leaving U-Verse over AT&T not carrying the channels, will not bring them back.  There will have to be more interest in the channels than 8 or 10 posts per week (if that),  from unhappy folks.  Just my two cents.  There is a request link on the top of this forum or I suppose one could write on U-Verse's Facebook wall, too.

WS2011 wrote:

Good luck with your new provider.  Unfortunately threatening to or actually leaving U-Verse over AT&T not carrying the channels, will not bring them back.  There will have to be more interest in the channels than 8 or 10 posts per week (if that),  from unhappy folks.  Just my two cents.  There is a request link on the top of this forum or I suppose one could write on U-Verse's Facebook wall, too.

94 of 787 (9,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 12:42:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

WS2011 wrote:

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. If you just joined U-Verse, you should have checked the channel lineup before you made your decision.

If you have been a subscriber for a while, then why didn't you make your change earlier instead of just coming to the conclusion that you need to change providers?

Unless something changes, The Hallmark Channel and The Hallmark Movie Channel will not be returning to U-Verse in the near future. Due to the fact that U-Verse has so many more positives that outweigh the negatives, I would advise staying with the service.

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder and respond to dhascall's and my response to your post.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

WS2011 wrote:

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. If you just joined U-Verse, you should have checked the channel lineup before you made your decision.

If you have been a subscriber for a while, then why didn't you make your change earlier instead of just coming to the conclusion that you need to change providers?

Unless something changes, The Hallmark Channel and The Hallmark Movie Channel will not be returning to U-Verse in the near future. Due to the fact that U-Verse has so many more positives that outweigh the negatives, I would advise staying with the service.

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder and respond to dhascall's and my response to your post.

95 of 787 (9,610 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 8:09:18 PM
(0)
Scholar
WS2011 writes, "I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel. I have already been checking prices and availablity. I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to."

Rather than "thinking of," you should actually do it.

If this is truly important, enough so, than you should move to another service.
WS2011 writes, "I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel. I have already been checking prices and availablity. I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to."

Rather than "thinking of," you should actually do it.

If this is truly important, enough so, than you should move to another service.

96 of 787 (9,540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:39:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have a suggestion, get rid of all those worthless music channels that no one listens to and get the Hallmark Channel back on here, one of the reasons I choose AT&T Uverse was it showed the Hallmark channel in the lineup??!!

I hope its back on by the time Cedar Cove comes back on !!!!!

I have a suggestion, get rid of all those worthless music channels that no one listens to and get the Hallmark Channel back on here, one of the reasons I choose AT&T Uverse was it showed the Hallmark channel in the lineup??!!

97 of 787 (9,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:48:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
ME-TV is pretty cool, it has all the oldies but goodies on there!!!
ME-TV is pretty cool, it has all the oldies but goodies on there!!!

98 of 787 (9,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:51:02 AM
(0)
Tutor
I fell in love with Cedar Cove, I hope Hallmark is back on the lineup before it starts the new season!!!!!!
I fell in love with Cedar Cove, I hope Hallmark is back on the lineup before it starts the new season!!!!!!

99 of 787 (9,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:57:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

Please bring back the Hallmark channel.. It's a great channel.  Why is it gone?

Please bring back the Hallmark channel.. It's a great channel.  Why is it gone?

Why is the Hallmark channel missing????? Bring it back..

100 of 787 (9,234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 11:28:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's been gone for over 3 years.....

Just sayin'.

It's been gone for over 3 years.....

Just sayin'.

Re: Why is the Hallmark channel missing????? Bring it back..

101 of 787 (9,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 11:46:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

cwemje wrote:

You are obviously not a U-Verse subscriber. Which service do you actually subscribe to? There is no way that you saw any current literature that showed The Hallmark Channel in the U-Verse lineup because it has been gone since September 1, 2010.

Why should AT&T get rid of music channels? There are plenty of people who enjoy watching them. Please triple post on the forum of the television provider that you actually subscribe to.

cwemje wrote:

You are obviously not a U-Verse subscriber. Which service do you actually subscribe to? There is no way that you saw any current literature that showed The Hallmark Channel in the U-Verse lineup because it has been gone since September 1, 2010.

Why should AT&T get rid of music channels? There are plenty of people who enjoy watching them. Please triple post on the forum of the television provider that you actually subscribe to.

102 of 787 (9,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 12:17:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

cwemje wrote:

We'd all LOVE to know where you saw that information!

....and FYI, the chances of Hallmark showing up any time soon is slim to none.

cwemje wrote:

103 of 787 (9,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 12:34:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

cwemje wrote:

The chances of cwemje responding is slim to none.

skeeterintexas wrote:

cwemje wrote:

104 of 787 (9,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 1:32:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

cwemje wrote:

Where is that picture of a troll when you need it.

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

cwemje wrote:

105 of 787 (9,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 4:52:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hallmark needs to be added to the channel line up again.it's the best one out there.

Hallmark needs to be added to the channel line up again.it's the best one out there.

106 of 787 (9,411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 5:41:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sing with me:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....  

Sing with me:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....  

107 of 787 (9,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 6:08:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

cwemje wrote:

Cedar Cove wasn't even in devlopment when Hallmark left U-Verse. The show started airing in July this year.

I know they just started selling the Astrodome's turf this wekend but there's no reason to bring it onto this message board for everyone to see.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

cwemje wrote:

Cedar Cove wasn't even in devlopment when Hallmark left U-Verse. The show started airing in July this year.

I know they just started selling the Astrodome's turf this wekend but there's no reason to bring it onto this message board for everyone to see.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

108 of 787 (9,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 7:40:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

janalraper56 wrote:

There are plenty of people on this forum who will disagree with you about how good The Hallmark Channel is. Make your channel requests here:   http://uversechannels.att.com/

None of us can do anything about adding The Hallmark Channel as we are subscribers just like you.

janalraper56 wrote:

There are plenty of people on this forum who will disagree with you about how good The Hallmark Channel is. Make your channel requests here:   http://uversechannels.att.com/

None of us can do anything about adding The Hallmark Channel as we are subscribers just like you.

109 of 787 (9,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 7:50:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Nov 3, 2013 at 7:51:51 PM

We could cut down on the number of posts by The One Post One and Done posters by advocating a new channel that is a combination of Al Jazeera America and The Hallmark Channel. It could be called Al Jahallmarka America.

There could be some interesting programming possiblilities.

We could cut down on the number of posts by The One Post One and Done posters by advocating a new channel that is a combination of Al Jazeera America and The Hallmark Channel. It could be called Al Jahallmarka America.

[ Edited ]
110 of 787 (9,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 3:51:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Jeffster_1 wrote:

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

cwemje wrote:

The mods removed it as soon as I posted it last time. I was told to keep it courteous.  Which is a shame since a majority of these OPWS aren't.

Jeffster_1 wrote:

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

cwemje wrote:

The mods removed it as soon as I posted it last time. I was told to keep it courteous.  Which is a shame since a majority of these OPWS aren't.

111 of 787 (9,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 3:54:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

You're fogetting the NHL network too.   Al Jallmarkahockey American.

dwinth wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

You're fogetting the NHL network too.   Al Jallmarkahockey American.

112 of 787 (9,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 1:01:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

One of the OPW's stated that they posted from "Amazon KFTT."  I suppose that could be one of the Kindle Fire tablets but my original guess was that it was a "Keep Feeding the Troll" type device, lol. Smiley Very Happy

One of the OPW's stated that they posted from "Amazon KFTT."  I suppose that could be one of the Kindle Fire tablets but my original guess was that it was a "Keep Feeding the Troll" type device, lol. Smiley Very Happy

113 of 787 (9,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 1:25:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Chuckle.

Chuckle.

114 of 787 (9,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 5:35:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

Why is it DirecTV and TimeWarner can have Hallmark and AT&T can't. When are we going to get Hallmark Channels?

Why is it DirecTV and TimeWarner can have Hallmark and AT&T can't. When are we going to get Hallmark Channels?

115 of 787 (9,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 5:43:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tomholman wrote:

If you would have taken the time to read all of the Hallmark threads on this forum, you would know that none of us on this forum can give you an answer to either of your questions.

If you call AT&T customer service you will not get an answer, either. If and when Hallmark comes back to U-Verse you will know at the same time the rest of us on this forum know by either an announcement or it just showing up on a channel.

tomholman wrote:

If you would have taken the time to read all of the Hallmark threads on this forum, you would know that none of us on this forum can give you an answer to either of your questions.

If you call AT&T customer service you will not get an answer, either. If and when Hallmark comes back to U-Verse you will know at the same time the rest of us on this forum know by either an announcement or it just showing up on a channel.

116 of 787 (9,608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 8:51:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

tomholman wrote:

It;'s more than just Direct and Time Warner.  It is Dish.  It's Comcast.  Can you say Bright House?  How about RCN?  Yup, they have it too.  U-Verse and some minor, regional are the only ones not carrying them.  Hallmark even has a community.  Maybe you can post and ask them to resume negotiations?  Good luck!

tomholman wrote:

It;'s more than just Direct and Time Warner.  It is Dish.  It's Comcast.  Can you say Bright House?  How about RCN?  Yup, they have it too.  U-Verse and some minor, regional are the only ones not carrying them.  Hallmark even has a community.  Maybe you can post and ask them to resume negotiations?  Good luck!

117 of 787 (9,582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 6:38:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

Its time to negotiate again.

Its time to negotiate again.

Why is ATT the only carrier in South Florida that does not carry Hallmark?

118 of 787 (9,555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 7:36:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
uversechannels.att.com

You are more than welcome to switch to a provider that pays the exorbitant rates that AT&T refused to pay several years ago.
uversechannels.att.com

You are more than welcome to switch to a provider that pays the exorbitant rates that AT&T refused to pay several years ago.

Re: Why is ATT the only carrier in South Florida that does not carry Hallmark?

119 of 787 (9,549 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments