Posted Aug 11, 2014
3:55:50 PM
View profile
Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 12:35:57 PM
(2)
ACE - Professor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
775 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(775)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 8:13:59 PM
(0)
Teacher

Is the Hallmark Channel coming back? I just signed up for UVerse and had I know it didnt carry Hallmark I WOULDNT of! Its my all time favorite and about the only thing I watch.

Hallmark Channel

30 of 776 (87,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 8:38:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from Uverse since Sept. 2010.  There is no talk of it coming back.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Hallmark Channel

31 of 776 (20,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 11:29:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am mad that I just signed on yesterday and got it installed and didn't know that Hallmark Channel was not a part of it.  This needs to be done or I should just go back to Time Warner Cable!  Is this in the works??

Hallmark Channel

32 of 776 (15,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 1:19:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Hallmark was dropped back in 2010.  I'm sure there are still ongoing talks but none of us peons will know anything until someone makes an announcement.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

33 of 776 (15,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 8:23:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm in the same position.  I checked all of the channels that my kids watch, and missed that Hallmark wasn't an option.  I am extremely disappointed in this.  Other than this issue, I have been very happy with Uverse since we switched 3 weeks ago. However, we probably would have gone to another provider had I noticed this before.  Is there any chance that AT&T will continue to negotiate with Hallmark?  I have looked into streaming it online, but AT&T is not a provider they work with, therefore I cannot get it on there either.  This is one of the few channels that I actually watch, and as I said, this is highly disappointing. 

34 of 776 (20,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 10:21:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

vmfell wrote:

I'm in the same position.  I checked all of the channels that my kids watch, and missed that Hallmark wasn't an option.  I am extremely disappointed in this.  Other than this issue, I have been very happy with Uverse since we switched 3 weeks ago. However, we probably would have gone to another provider had I noticed this before.  Is there any chance that AT&T will continue to negotiate with Hallmark?  I have looked into streaming it online, but AT&T is not a provider they work with, therefore I cannot get it on there either.  This is one of the few channels that I actually watch, and as I said, this is highly disappointing. 

We are U-Verse subscribers just like you, so no one on this forum can tell you for sure what is the status of any, if there are any, negotiations between AT&T and Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark Channel.

As far as any of us know, there have not been any negotiations since August 31, 2010, when the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel were pulled by Crown Media off of U-Verse.

There are so many positives about U-Verse that greatly outweigh the fact that it does not have the Hallmark Channel.

35 of 776 (20,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:35:05 AM
(0)
Teacher
That's so sad. I love ATT but won't keep it after my contract because Hallmark is my favorite channel. I didn't know ATT didn't have it or I would not have gone with ATT. Can't believe they can't negotiate.

36 of 776 (20,517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:36:26 AM
(0)
Teacher

Yes, I love the Hallmark Channel also.  Really miss it around Christmas.  As soon as my ATT contract expires I will have to go elsewhere.  I can't believe we pay over $100 and can't get the channels we want. 

37 of 776 (20,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 6:15:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wife36562 wrote:
That's so sad. I love ATT but won't keep it after my contract because Hallmark is my favorite channel. I didn't know ATT didn't have it or I would not have gone with ATT. Can't believe they can't negotiate.

As it is always recommended on this forum, you should always check the channel list before signing up with any provider be it U-Verse, Dish, Charter, Time Warner, Direct, etc.

If you did not check, you have only yourself to blame, not U-Verse.

As far as your statement that you "can't believe they can't negotiate", I fully agree with you. I cannot believe that Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, cannot negotiate.

38 of 776 (20,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 1:37:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

My husband and I are very disappointed that we can no longer get the Hallmark Channel!!!!  We really enjoyed their programming and I was especially looking forward to watching the "Cedar Cove" series, starring Andie MacDowell, only to discover that I can't.  My husband and I subscribe to the most expensive TV package U-verse offers and don't feel we should have to go out and buy DVDs of movies/programs we could watch on the Hallmark Channel.  Is there anything viewers can do to make their voices heard if they would like to see this channel restored?  

Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

39 of 776 (13,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 2:25:41 AM
(0)
Mentor
It took you 3 years to notice you no longer get the Hallmark channel? Sorry but it's been gone since 2010 and as far as we know there have been no discussions between AT&T and Crown Media (Hallmarks owner) to bring it back since then. There are multiple discussions on this topic, for now all you can do is request the channel through the AT&T channel request link.

Re: Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

40 of 776 (13,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 6:56:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

pag1954 wrote:

My husband and I are very disappointed that we can no longer get the Hallmark Channel!!!!  We really enjoyed their programming and I was especially looking forward to watching the "Cedar Cove" series, starring Andie MacDowell, only to discover that I can't.  My husband and I subscribe to the most expensive TV package U-verse offers and don't feel we should have to go out and buy DVDs of movies/programs we could watch on the Hallmark Channel.  Is there anything viewers can do to make their voices heard if they would like to see this channel restored?  

Do you have a special type of television that kept the Hallmark Channel on for over three years past the time it was pulled by Crown Media off of U-Verse (September 1, 2010)? Do you still get the Speed Channel and the Fox Soccer Channel on it?  That is one amazing television. :smileysurprised:

41 of 776 (13,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 10:53:00 AM
(0)
Teacher

Why is there no Hallmark Channel? Or We TV?

Why is there no Hallmark Channel?

42 of 776 (15,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 10:55:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hallmark has been gone since Sept. 2010.  WE-TV is channel 372.  No HD is available at this time.

Re: Why is there no Hallmark Channel?

43 of 776 (15,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:17:07 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks.  Sounds like there's no hope for Hallmark!  May have to switch back to Brighthouse.  Love Hallmark Channel, especially at Christmas!

As far as We goes, I've tried searching for shows by title and get no results.  Are there no results for non-HD channels?

44 of 776 (15,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:22:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I don't know what you're searching for but when I do a search for "Bridezillas" (don't judge), I get results for "372 WE".

Bear in mind that the search and guide only shows programs for the next 14 days.  Anything beyond that will not show up.

45 of 776 (13,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:22:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I'm guessing she just switched to U-Verse and was conned by a sleasy third-party sales rep...the worst of the worst, IMO.

People really need to look at channel guides the way they look at schools before they switch providers. If I found a good price on a house, would I move before I looked at schools in the area?

46 of 776 (13,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:25:04 AM
(0)
Teacher

Looking for "My Fair Wedding", get no results. They usually run reruns

late at night, maybe it just hasn't been in the lineup lately. Thanks for

the info.

47 of 776 (13,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:30:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Try again.  It actually shows up twice in the search results.

48 of 776 (13,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:32:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

thanks. must have just been a glitch.

49 of 776 (13,618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:55:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:
I'm guessing she just switched to U-Verse and was conned by a sleasy third-party sales rep...the worst of the worst, IMO.

People really need to look at channel guides the way they look at schools before they switch providers. If I found a good price on a house, would I move before I looked at schools in the area?

It would be nice if she would respond to these posts instead of never coming back like a One Post One and Done Wonder. If she would tell us the complete story, it would be easier to comment on the circumstances. Her original post made it sound like she was just posting to put down U-Verse, possibly not even being an actual U-Verse subscriber.

50 of 776 (13,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:59:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

Sounds like a troll or trying to entice people away from Uverse.

51 of 776 (13,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 10:24:19 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Sep 16, 2013 at 10:29:00 PM

hex731 writes, "Sounds like a troll or trying to entice people away from Uverse."

This seems to be happening often lately. Too often. And it may be becoming a nuisance.

I think the topic matter isn't the problem; the motivation is.

I've been on the side that says, "Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel should get returned to the AT&T U-verse channels lineup". But I also mentioned that I won't pretend that I know specifics about the contractual negotiations which apparently fell through in 2010. And I also mentioned that, if it this is a deal-breaker for people, the three years having passed since Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel left the AT&T U-verse channels lineup would have compelled most, who are dissatisfied, to make a personal switch and get their cable television programming from a different provider. This is, after all, a significant amount of time. In addition to it being a significant amount of time for a Hallmark Channel and/or Hallmark Movie Channel faithful viewer to be missing these programmers.

This prompts the following question: Who are the people who are posting these threads?

In a way, it doesn't matter. If I was moderating this area of the forum, I would close a number of those threads. I would go ahead and merge the topic into just one thread…and allow for just that one thread. Yes, go ahead and sticky it! And for anyone starting yet another new thread on the very same topic…it would get closed immediately. A kindly reminder would be explained to such a thread's OP which would go ahead and refer him/her to the already openly discussed thread. ("Here is the link, OP, and all others: @ … . Please use that thread for all further discussions on the topic.")

[ Edited ]
52 of 776 (13,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 2:58:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LoveHD wrote:

In a way, it doesn't matter. If I was moderating this area of the forum, I would close a number of those threads. I would go ahead and merge the topic into just one thread…and allow for just that one thread. Yes, go ahead and sticky it! And for anyone starting yet another new thread on the very same topic…it would get closed immediately. A kindly reminder would be explained to such a thread's OP which would go ahead and refer him/her to the already openly discussed thread. ("Here is the link, OP, and all others: @ … . Please use that thread for all further discussions on the topic.")

The interesting thing is that there was a single thread that was being used to post all of the "Hallmark" comments, but it was closed earlier this year.  I'm not sure why.  I knew that is would only result in numerous new threads being opened on the same topic which is what we are seeing now.

53 of 776 (13,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 3:55:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hallmark has been gone so long the vulture Direct TV sales people at Costco are no longer using that as a reason to switch. 

From the sound of the OP it looks like they have had UVerse for a while and JUST NOW noticed that Hallmark is gone.  Shows how often they really watch.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

54 of 776 (12,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 4:35:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Sep 17, 2013 at 6:55:13 AM

oufanindallas wrote:

Hallmark has been gone so long the vulture Direct TV sales people at Costco are no longer using that as a reason to switch. 

From the sound of the OP it looks like they have had UVerse for a while and JUST NOW noticed that Hallmark is gone.  Shows how often they really watch.

And, as usual, the OP has never responded back about how they just noticed that the Hallmark Channel was gone. I cannot remember any of the other OP's responding back on the several Hallmark threads that have been opened in the last few weeks. My guess is that most of them are posting just to see what type of responses they get, and are  not even U-Verse subscribers in the first place.

[ Edited ]
55 of 776 (12,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 4:41:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

LoveHD wrote:

hex731 writes, "Sounds like a troll or trying to entice people away from Uverse."

This seems to be happening often lately. Too often. And it may be becoming a nuisance.

I think the topic matter isn't the problem; the motivation is.

I've been on the side that says, "Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel should get returned to the AT&T U-verse channels lineup". But I also mentioned that I won't pretend that I know specifics about the contractual negotiations which apparently fell through in 2010. And I also mentioned that, if it this is a deal-breaker for people, the three years having passed since Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel left the AT&T U-verse channels lineup would have compelled most, who are dissatisfied, to make a personal switch and get their cable television programming from a different provider. This is, after all, a significant amount of time. In addition to it being a significant amount of time for a Hallmark Channel and/or Hallmark Movie Channel faithful viewer to be missing these programmers.

This prompts the following question: Who are the people who are posting these threads?

I would think that all of us are on the side that wants the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel returned to U-Verse. The more channels, the better. I do not see any reason why anyone would not want those channels to be returned, cost not being a factor.

The two sides, in my opinion, are the side that wants the channels returned no matter what the price may be, and those who want the channels returned only if the contract is reasonable so that our subscription fees are not raised as a result.

56 of 776 (12,980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:35:58 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by trparky on Sep 17, 2013 at 9:42:57 AM

I have to wonder if these people are Crown Media (aka the owners of the Hallmark Channel) employees that are posting this stuff.

Am I that cynical?  Yes.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

[ Edited ]
57 of 776 (12,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:41:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

trparky wrote:

I have to wonder if these people are Crown Media (aka the owners of the Hallmark Channel) employees that are posting this stuff.

Am I that cynical?  Yes.

I'm more likely to believe that it's a case of people who are pro-Hallmark coming in to post about the fact that U-Verse doesn't carry the channel even though they don't have U-Verse or are even in an area of the country that has it as a provider. 

It's similar to the people who want the Blaze on U-Verse (Now that I've said that they'll show up asking for the channel and to cancel CNN)

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

58 of 776 (12,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:43:29 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by trparky on Sep 17, 2013 at 9:45:03 AM

To come here and open up new threads, multiple new threads, despite the fact that there are existing threads seems to lend some credability to the statement I made above.  It almost seems like an act of desparation here.  Make for as much attention as possible just of the sake of making that much attention.  I have to wonder what's going on in Crown Media to make them think that they need to do this.  Are they that desparate for people to watch their channel?

Most, if not all of their content isn't original content.  They didn't make the content that shows on their channels.  95% of the content that Hallmark Channel shows is syndicated content that's been around for ages.  You can find most if not all of it on either Hulu or you can rent the stuff on DVD from NetFlix.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

[ Edited ]
59 of 776 (12,889 Views)