fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to work to get Hallmark Channel back?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

It is gone until they (Hallmark) are willing to lower their rate to an amount AT&T is willing to pay.  We (the subs) don't have any say in the matter.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

When I chatted with a technician he gave me a link where I could suggest a channel to add to the lineup.  I was able to suggest it - but the link disappeared when my chat ended.  Sorry.

It is so sad. U-verse runs ads for HALLMARK CHANNEL, but won't add the channel to the lineup.  It just doesn't make sense.  It seems every other cable, dish, and direct-tv has it.  If u-verse is supposed to be so great, why is it they can;t afford HALLMARK?  I will never understand - but I choose to be a disappointed customer  - I have been with AT&T my whole life, and every other aspect of my package is just fine.  So I have hope that one day they will bring it back..

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@CynthiaWM wrote:

Make your request here :  http://uversechannels.att.com/

The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Until Crown Media agrees to lower its carriage fees to AT&T, you will not see it in the U-Verse lineup.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@338cece wrote:

When I chatted with a technician he gave me a link where I could suggest a channel to add to the lineup.  I was able to suggest it - but the link disappeared when my chat ended.  Sorry.

It is so sad. U-verse runs ads for HALLMARK CHANNEL, but won't add the channel to the lineup.  It just doesn't make sense.  It seems every other cable, dish, and direct-tv has it.  If u-verse is supposed to be so great, why is it they can;t afford HALLMARK?  I will never understand - but I choose to be a disappointed customer  - I have been with AT&T my whole life, and every other aspect of my package is just fine.  So I have hope that one day they will bring it back..

Hi.  The first point (that I've bolded) is a bit of a stretch.  U-Verse does not run ads for the Hallmark Channel (or HALLMARK if you would rather shout).  A network or a station may run ads for Hallmark, which U-Verse delivers into your home but U-Verse is not running the ads directly for the channels.  Why would they?

Your last point - yes most of us want them back.  Some want them back because they would watch the channel, some want them back because a family member would watch and some of us want the channels to return, so folks won't have to hear others complain, lol. Smiley Wink Seriously, it takes to two to tango (or tangle) and someone done made someone mad!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Interesting and I understand. However, to AT&T, I would not have changed from DirecTV if I knew they did not carry the Hallmark Channel. I love Perry Mason (old series) and no other network seems to show them. Not to mention Hallmark has some great programs. It's about what the customer wants. If the customers cannot receive at least 5-10 of the 450 channels offered, what is the point. If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@will3368 wrote:
Interesting and I understand. However, to AT&T, I would not have changed from DirecTV if I knew they did not carry the Hallmark Channel. I love Perry Mason (old series) and no other network seems to show them. Not to mention Hallmark has some great programs. It's about what the customer wants. If the customers cannot receive at least 5-10 of the 450 channels offered, what is the point. If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract.

You should have checked the U-Verse lineup before you switched from Direct. The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Never assume that what what television provider has is the same as all of the others.

What do you mean by " If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract."? Are you referring to U-Verse getting back the Hallmark Channel or to the overall channel lineup for U-Verse? What other channels would you like for U-Verse to include to improve the channel lineup?

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder, and will respond.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@will3368 wrote:

See if ME-TV is carried in your area.  Perry Mason is shown on that network daily. 

ME-TV

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

@CynthiaWM wrote:

Switch providers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.