shoe's profile

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

Saturday, February 20th, 2016 2:15 PM

Whats up ATT&T

I am going to ask this question and I know the diehard Uversers will probably crucify be but is AT&T going to spin off U-Verse?

I have noticed a real attitude with tech support lately call and discuss any specials that might be available to lower your bill and all you get is if you want a cheaper price switch to Direct TV.

In the past we got treated like part of a family and support would bend over backwards to assist Now no specials it is direct TV or the highway.

So I can’t afford Uverse so my choices are Comcast or Direct TV not looking forward to removing snow from my antenna in my wheel chair in subzero weather.

AT&T don’t make it so obvious you don’t want Uverse any more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

I have not had a reason to call either tech support or CS lately.  My discounts don't expire until the end of the year but after reading some of the posts, I'm getting a little scared that when the time comes, they will not be willing to give long-time user (8+ years) any kind of discount.

I'm not going to have a dish on my roof so TW is my other option.  I'm very happy with Uverse and would HATE to leave but you do what you gotta do.

Have you contacted Customer Care to see if there are any options going that route?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

I too have been witg Uverse since day one in my area a good number of years The biggest joke was the guy in customer retention all he could say was Direct TV  like he was programed.

Two of my friends in this area are having the same problem.

Do you really think customer care can do a thing?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

It might be worth a PM before you throw in the towel. 

You won't know unless you try.  Smiley Wink

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

How do I contact Customer care?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Click the blue link in my post above.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

They contacted me and a time was set for a phone call will let you know

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

Customer care fixed me uo with a better promo price than I had before thank you AT&T  and thanks for the tip to contact customer care

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

YEA!  Smiley Happy

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

8 years ago

They were kind enough to listen to me this time but could only muster $10 off U-300 and $10 off Internet. 

While i am very grateful for anything, my current bill is close to $100 more than last month. Making me reconsider even though i love U-Verse and have actually sold several people on it. (even though they all forgot to tell ATT so I could get my credit) 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

I got about $30 off U-300 and internet combined plus a year of the $10 HD waived and still continue to pay nothing for my two additional STBs.

These promos were given to me last month.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.