oobleck's profile

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

Friday, December 13th, 2013 3:39 AM

What happened to Classical Masterpieces?

A couple days ago I discovered that the Music Choice channels had been renumbered.  No problem, I thought, I'll just unhide whatever channel Classical Masterpieces is now on.  Wrong!  It's nowhere to be found, either in the channel list or the MC app, though it's still available on musicchoice.com.  Why would AT&T carry only 46 of the 50 MC channels?

--

oobleck

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@oobleck wrote:

A couple days ago I discovered that the Music Choice channels had been renumbered.  No problem, I thought, I'll just unhide whatever channel Classical Masterpieces is now on.  Wrong!  It's nowhere to be found, either in the channel list or the MC app, though it's still available on musicchoice.com.  Why would AT&T carry only 46 of the 50 MC channels?

--

oobleck

The information was in the October, 2013 Carriage Agreements posted by Texasguy.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/October-Carriage-Agreements/m-p/3689587/highlight/true#M107271

Effective December 10, MC Retro Rock (channel 5113) will be renamed Rock Hits, MC True Country (channel 5130) will be renamed Country Hits, and MC University (channel 5103) will be renamed Dance/EDM.

In addition on December 10, MC Classic Alternative (channel 5117), MC Romances (channel 5146), MC Classical Masterpieces (channel 5140), and MC Stage & Screen (channel 5126) will be removed from the U-verse channel line-up.

Effective December 31, SOAPnet (channel 365) will no longer be available.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T must have just decided on a whim not to let its subscribers have those 4 channels.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
AT&T must have just decided on a whim not to let its subscribers have those 4 channels.

I doubt that AT&T makes any business decisions on a whim. You are wrong again.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:

Or Music Choice is phasing those 4 channels out.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Anyone have info? I saw a newsday article suggesting their lineup expanded and nothing was dropped.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

I know I was wrong. I wasn't trying to be right. I just get frustrated sometimes when channels disappear. I know they didn't do anything on a whim. I just use the forum has a harmless way of blowing off steam. They probably are just phasing those channels out as Was suggested. But I happen to like classic alternative music, so it is a bit of a bummer.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
I know I was wrong. I wasn't trying to be right. I just get frustrated sometimes when channels disappear. I know they didn't do anything on a whim. I just use the forum has a harmless way of blowing off steam. They probably are just phasing those channels out as Was suggested. But I happen to like classic alternative music, so it is a bit of a bummer.

The purpose of this forum is not for blowing off steam. The purpose of this forum is to inform fellow subscribers of news concerning U-Verse as well as helping and informing subscribers who are having problems with aspects of U-Verse.

You seem get frustrated if there is just a possiblity or rumor of a channel disappearing. Most of the time, that does not happen. There are many other ways to listen to classical music including listening to radio stations that have it as a format, hooking up your computer to an amplifier and listening to something like Pandora, or just playing classical music CD's.

The loss of one classical music channel on U-Verse is not going to prevent you from listening to classical music.

There are better ways of blowing off steam than venting for no reason on this forum.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

I feel you dwinth. But I just have one question. When a channel is lost, why does AT&T feel as though it's subscribers are not privy to a full explanation of exactly what went wrong to cause its removal instead of just the canned generic "we could not reach a fair deal". Just to satisfy my curiosity, I would lije to know specifics. Why would me having that information be dangerous in any way? It's not like I'd do anything with it.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
I feel you dwinth. But I just have one question. When a channel is lost, why does AT&T feel as though it's subscribers are not privy to a full explanation of exactly what went wrong to cause its removal instead of just the canned generic "we could not reach a fair deal". Just to satisfy my curiosity, I would lije to know specifics. Why would me having that information be dangerous in any way? It's not like I'd do anything with it.

Why should AT&T or any other business have to publicly give their reasons for any business decisions they make? That is totally ludicrous. If the business wants to make the reasons for their decisions public, that is their business, but they should not have to because poor Codycooper feels left out of the decision loop.

The only channel losses that I can think of concerning U-Verse are the Hallmark channels, the NHL Network, TVG Network, and the four Music Choice channels, none of which is going to cause me to vent in a public forum.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:
Or Music Choice is phasing those 4 channels out.

Probably not.  Classical Masterpieces, at least, is listed on MC's website as part of their *new* 50-channel lineup, debuting Dec. 10.

--

oobleck

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.