Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 4, 2013
11:15:10 AM
We need beIN Sport!!!

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

Accepted Solution

We need beIN Sport!!!

151 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(151)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2013 11:35:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Jun 8, 2013 at 11:35:44 PM

Guess you learned like we here already know, don't believe anything the regular CS people tell us about what's on Uverse.   Guess you didn't check here either: https://uma.att.com/general/201-AMSS-X-DMA2-POPUP.html for you actual lineup by zip code  Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Guess you learned like we here already know, don't believe anything the regular CS people tell us about what's on Uverse.   Guess you didn't check here either: https://uma.att.com/general/201-AMSS-X-DMA2-POPUP.html for you actual lineup by zip code  Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: When will be available beIN Sports on Uverse?

[ Edited ]
61 of 152 (6,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 6:05:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

DArnaez wrote:

We switch from DirecTV just because to have HD without to pay extras for each box. But the lady operator laid when she said that beIN Sports was included in the package. Now when Barcelona plays I only can see it 2 o 3 days after... or worst.. NEVER! Last week.. Barcelona Malaga..for example... or yeaterday Argentina- Colombia... no Fox Sports, no even Gol TV... is incredible!!! I'm furious!  We are thinking next month switch back to DirecTV... or even Comcast have it!

U-verse does have both Fox Soccer Channel (channel 654/1654) and Gol TV (channel 656/1656).

By the way, Comcast only offers the SD version of beIN Sport in it's English packages, and DirecTV only offers Gol TV in it's Spanish packages.

No TV provider has it all when it comes to features or programming.  Choose the one that comes closest to giving the things that are most important to you (i.e. no HD fee on extra boxes or beIN Sport).

DArnaez wrote:

We switch from DirecTV just because to have HD without to pay extras for each box. But the lady operator laid when she said that beIN Sports was included in the package. Now when Barcelona plays I only can see it 2 o 3 days after... or worst.. NEVER! Last week.. Barcelona Malaga..for example... or yeaterday Argentina- Colombia... no Fox Sports, no even Gol TV... is incredible!!! I'm furious!  We are thinking next month switch back to DirecTV... or even Comcast have it!

U-verse does have both Fox Soccer Channel (channel 654/1654) and Gol TV (channel 656/1656).

By the way, Comcast only offers the SD version of beIN Sport in it's English packages, and DirecTV only offers Gol TV in it's Spanish packages.

No TV provider has it all when it comes to features or programming.  Choose the one that comes closest to giving the things that are most important to you (i.e. no HD fee on extra boxes or beIN Sport).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: When will be available beIN Sports on Uverse?

62 of 152 (5,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 10:10:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

Please click here  http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey and say to ATT to add beINSport

Please click here  http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey and say to ATT to add beINSport

beINSport

63 of 152 (5,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 11:17:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

Here at home we are planning to switch back to DirecTV just because Uverse TV laid when she said us that they had beIN Sports... and they doen't.

Here at home we are planning to switch back to DirecTV just because Uverse TV laid when she said us that they had beIN Sports... and they doen't.

Re: We need beIN Sport!!!

64 of 152 (5,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 9:45:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
"Might be a problem as it's owned by Al Jazerra and Turner Broadcasting System, a division of Time Warner."

Turner has nothing to do with BeIN Sport, despite what somebody put on Wikipedia.
"Might be a problem as it's owned by Al Jazerra and Turner Broadcasting System, a division of Time Warner."

Turner has nothing to do with BeIN Sport, despite what somebody put on Wikipedia.

Re: Getting BeIN Sport Station

65 of 152 (1,914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2013 8:13:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

Who else misses BeinTV on U verse that is available on Direct TV? If ATT offers Direct TV why are not all channels available on U Verse?

Who else misses BeinTV on U verse that is available on Direct TV? If ATT offers Direct TV why are not all channels available on U Verse?

BeinTV sports Channel

66 of 152 (1,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2013 8:28:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

For the same reason that all channels on U-verse are not on DirecTV.  AT&T and DirecTV are two separate companies. The only relationship that exists is a reseller's agreement which allows AT&T to sell DirecTV service to AT&T customers.

For the same reason that all channels on U-verse are not on DirecTV.  AT&T and DirecTV are two separate companies. The only relationship that exists is a reseller's agreement which allows AT&T to sell DirecTV service to AT&T customers.

Re: BeinTV sports Channel

67 of 152 (1,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 11:33:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just moved to St. Louis, MO. I would like to know if AT&T is planning on adding BeIN Sports HD. This is a soccer channel that is about one year old that shows major european soccer games (Leagues from Spain and Italy) and also U.S. National team world cup away qualifying games. I believe you should add this channel. I am sure you have received many requests already so you know there is a demand for it. Verizon, Directv, Dish and other major providers are already carrying this channel. Although soccer may not have higher ratings in the U.S. yet, adding this channel will increase your subscribers (switching from other satelite/cable companies) and will make happier some of your current and future customers (including myself, I am only waiting for you to add BeIN to sign up). I dont mind paying a premium price to watch my favorite soccer team playing twice a week. Please consider this request and provide me with an honest response. Thank you

I just moved to St. Louis, MO. I would like to know if AT&T is planning on adding BeIN Sports HD. This is a soccer channel that is about one year old that shows major european soccer games (Leagues from Spain and Italy) and also U.S. National team world cup away qualifying games. I believe you should add this channel. I am sure you have received many requests already so you know there is a demand for it. Verizon, Directv, Dish and other major providers are already carrying this channel. Although soccer may not have higher ratings in the U.S. yet, adding this channel will increase your subscribers (switching from other satelite/cable companies) and will make happier some of your current and future customers (including myself, I am only waiting for you to add BeIN to sign up). I dont mind paying a premium price to watch my favorite soccer team playing twice a week. Please consider this request and provide me with an honest response. Thank you

Re: beINSport

68 of 152 (5,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 12:28:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

alexdouk wrote:

No one on this forum can help you with any information concerning if and when U-Verse will be adding beIn Sports. We are all subscribers just like you. Generally, we do not find out if there is an addition to the U-Verse lineup until that channel shows up on screen either in announcement form or actually on.

Place your request for beIn Sports here:   http://uversechannels.att.com/

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

alexdouk wrote:

No one on this forum can help you with any information concerning if and when U-Verse will be adding beIn Sports. We are all subscribers just like you. Generally, we do not find out if there is an addition to the U-Verse lineup until that channel shows up on screen either in announcement form or actually on.

Place your request for beIn Sports here:   http://uversechannels.att.com/

69 of 152 (5,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 10:12:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

BeIN is carried by all major TV providers (Fios, Comcast, Direct TV), Uverse you waited long enough its time to step up,

BeIN is carried by all major TV providers (Fios, Comcast, Direct TV), Uverse you waited long enough its time to step up,

70 of 152 (5,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 11:04:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jackf61 wrote:

AT&T is aware that there are subscribers who would like to have beIn Sports carried on U-Verse. It is a matter of dollars and placement to be agreed upon by the two parties. Place your request for beIn Sports here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

jackf61 wrote:

AT&T is aware that there are subscribers who would like to have beIn Sports carried on U-Verse. It is a matter of dollars and placement to be agreed upon by the two parties. Place your request for beIn Sports here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

71 of 152 (5,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 11:12:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
A little birdie told me that AT&T and BeIN had fully negotiated for the TV channels. When it came time for the online portion, negotiations fell apart and someone walked away from the table.

I could be wrong, but I had heard that BeIN English channel was supposed to be on U-300 and the Spanish language channel was supposed to be on the Spansh package and possibly the Sports Pack.
A little birdie told me that AT&T and BeIN had fully negotiated for the TV channels. When it came time for the online portion, negotiations fell apart and someone walked away from the table.

I could be wrong, but I had heard that BeIN English channel was supposed to be on U-300 and the Spanish language channel was supposed to be on the Spansh package and possibly the Sports Pack.

72 of 152 (5,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:34:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
When was this? What you mention about online portion does not make sense.. You cant watch bein sports online regardless.
When was this? What you mention about online portion does not make sense.. You cant watch bein sports online regardless.

73 of 152 (4,992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:38:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
So dwinth, your answer means that nobody from customer service at u-verse reads this... Unless you work for them..
Also, how many times do we need to place a request in order to get the channel?
So dwinth, your answer means that nobody from customer service at u-verse reads this... Unless you work for them..

74 of 152 (4,993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:53:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Homework_1 on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:54:35 PM

alexdouk wrote:

beIN sport does have an authenticated streaming service for Time Warner and Brighthouse customers that was launched around April or May of this year.  The streaming service is called beIN Sport Play. That service was not available when the network launched August 2012.

alexdouk wrote:

beIN sport does have an authenticated streaming service for Time Warner and Brighthouse customers that was launched around April or May of this year.  The streaming service is called beIN Sport Play. That service was not available when the network launched August 2012.

[ Edited ]
75 of 152 (4,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 5:07:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

alexdouk wrote:

Correct. There are a few AT&T employees that will post on these forums, but even they couldn't tell you what negotiations are ongoing with AT&T. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

alexdouk wrote:

Correct. There are a few AT&T employees that will post on these forums, but even they couldn't tell you what negotiations are ongoing with AT&T. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

76 of 152 (4,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 6:59:06 AM
(0)
Tutor
I just checked bein sport play. Didnt know they had it. Now all we need is access... Since at&t wont add the channel anytime soon, it might be easier to make new friends using time warner or brighthouse so they can share their accounts
I just checked bein sport play. Didnt know they had it. Now all we need is access... Since at&t wont add the channel anytime soon, it might be easier to make new friends using time warner or brighthouse so they can share their accounts

77 of 152 (4,875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 3:18:45 PM
(0)
Voyager

me too

me too

Re: beIn Sports and Watch ESPN

78 of 152 (1,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 3:47:39 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 27, 2013 at 7:38:32 PM

that is because you have no passion for it, unlike the rest of us (and I mean the rest of the world).

[Please keep it courteous]

that is because you have no passion for it, unlike the rest of us (and I mean the rest of the world).

[Please keep it courteous]

Re: Getting BeIN Sport Station

[ Edited ]
79 of 152 (1,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 8:23:29 PM
(0)
Scholar
U-Verse is not getting BeIN any time soon. Just watch the EPL in NBC Sports Network and its sister stations if you want soccer. And if you download the NBC Sports Live Extra app to your smartphone you can watch every single blessed EPL match!
U-Verse is not getting BeIN any time soon. Just watch the EPL in NBC Sports Network and its sister stations if you want soccer. And if you download the NBC Sports Live Extra app to your smartphone you can watch every single blessed EPL match!

Re: beIn Sports and Watch ESPN

80 of 152 (1,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 2:20:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

I need inside info... is u-verse planning to ever adding bein sports to their lineups?

I am tired of submitting a request, and bugging them on twitter about this.. no success..

let's all plan a massive exodus if they don't add it soon.

I need inside info... is u-verse planning to ever adding bein sports to their lineups?

I am tired of submitting a request, and bugging them on twitter about this.. no success..

81 of 152 (4,109 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 2:22:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

alexdouk wrote:

You are not going to get any "inside" information in these forums.  Even if the few AT&T employees that post in here knew, they could not tell you.  AT&T does not make it known any negotiations that are going on.  If they are working on adding the channel it will just show up one day and a few weeks later you may get an announcement from AT&T.  We first learned about NBA Center Court when it showed up early by mistake on Titantv's web guide.

alexdouk wrote:

You are not going to get any "inside" information in these forums.  Even if the few AT&T employees that post in here knew, they could not tell you.  AT&T does not make it known any negotiations that are going on.  If they are working on adding the channel it will just show up one day and a few weeks later you may get an announcement from AT&T.  We first learned about NBA Center Court when it showed up early by mistake on Titantv's web guide.

82 of 152 (4,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 9:29:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

alexdouk wrote:

What day are you planning for this massive exodus? Will it be necessary to cross the Red Sea during the massive exodus from U-Verse? Let us know how many people you take with you on the massive exodus from U-Verse.  I doubt that the number of  people who would leave U-Verse because it does not have beIn Sports in it's lineup will be very significant. I would say it will be a microscopic number.

alexdouk wrote:

What day are you planning for this massive exodus? Will it be necessary to cross the Red Sea during the massive exodus from U-Verse? Let us know how many people you take with you on the massive exodus from U-Verse.  I doubt that the number of  people who would leave U-Verse because it does not have beIn Sports in it's lineup will be very significant. I would say it will be a microscopic number.

83 of 152 (2,404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 10:47:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, I had UVerse in San Jose for three years, and had to give it up when I moved to SF. We didn't discover bein until we were here and found it on Comcast. As soon as Uverse was available here in San Francisco, I signed up with an install date of June 14, and a Comcast cancellation date of June 14. I was out of the country just a few days earlier when I found out that Uverse didn't have bein. It was a definite dealbreaker, as I told the UVerse rep on the phone on 6/13 (and sadly, the Comcrap rep, too - I'd LOVE to get rid of them, but won't do it without bein.

We have four wireless phones on an AT&T plan we've had for nearly a decade now. I have no desire to switch. I'd pay more for UVerse, because overall I'm satisfied with AT&T.

"Mass exodus" - not exactly, but one cancelled order that'd otherwise be good for several years. I'd certainly encourage others who want bein to bail if AT&T doesn't get with the program here, though. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't have it, honestly.

Well, I had UVerse in San Jose for three years, and had to give it up when I moved to SF. We didn't discover bein until we were here and found it on Comcast. As soon as Uverse was available here in San Francisco, I signed up with an install date of June 14, and a Comcast cancellation date of June 14. I was out of the country just a few days earlier when I found out that Uverse didn't have bein. It was a definite dealbreaker, as I told the UVerse rep on the phone on 6/13 (and sadly, the Comcrap rep, too - I'd LOVE to get rid of them, but won't do it without bein.

We have four wireless phones on an AT&T plan we've had for nearly a decade now. I have no desire to switch. I'd pay more for UVerse, because overall I'm satisfied with AT&T.

"Mass exodus" - not exactly, but one cancelled order that'd otherwise be good for several years. I'd certainly encourage others who want bein to bail if AT&T doesn't get with the program here, though. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't have it, honestly.

84 of 152 (2,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 6:57:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Aug 7, 2013 at 7:02:43 AM

New user in SF wrote:

Always thoroughly check the channel lineup before you sign up with a television service provider. Never assume that a channel that you want is on the new service. Each provider has it's own separate list of channels, and what may be on one provider may not be on another provider.

In addition, never trust what a sales representative tells you. Check out the channel linup on your own.

It sounds like that it is not that important to you that you do not have beIn Sports because you posted two months ago that you would leave U-Verse if beIn was not included; yet, you are still here. I hope you stay.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/We-need-beIN-Sport/td-p/3499467

New user in SF wrote:

Always thoroughly check the channel lineup before you sign up with a television service provider. Never assume that a channel that you want is on the new service. Each provider has it's own separate list of channels, and what may be on one provider may not be on another provider.

In addition, never trust what a sales representative tells you. Check out the channel linup on your own.

It sounds like that it is not that important to you that you do not have beIn Sports because you posted two months ago that you would leave U-Verse if beIn was not included; yet, you are still here. I hope you stay.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/We-need-beIN-Sport/td-p/3499467

[ Edited ]
85 of 152 (2,378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 8:21:36 PM
(0)
Voyager

Good for you.  I'm a new subscriber and did not check (I had the dish and it had beIN), and am looking at my contract termination date.  BeIN should be on the menu.

Good for you.  I'm a new subscriber and did not check (I had the dish and it had beIN), and am looking at my contract termination date.  BeIN should be on the menu.

86 of 152 (2,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 8:04:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

djmeadows wrote:

U-Verse has a 30 day money back guarantee.  To cancel, call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel my service."  There are steps involved to return your equipment, you may want to verify them with the agent. 

djmeadows wrote:

U-Verse has a 30 day money back guarantee.  To cancel, call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel my service."  There are steps involved to return your equipment, you may want to verify them with the agent. 

87 of 152 (2,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 12:48:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

That's it!...If U-verse doesn't add Bein Sports to their programmin I'll go back to DirecTV.

That's it!...If U-verse doesn't add Bein Sports to their programmin I'll go back to DirecTV.

88 of 152 (2,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 2:24:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

elpame wrote:

What a wonderful first post, one with a threat in it. How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? I hoped you checked before you subscribed that U-Verse did not have beIN Sports. If not, then you have yourself to blame. With time, there is a chance that U-Verse will add beIN as part of it's lineup.

When is your deadline for U-Verse to add beIN Sports? I hope that you are not a one post one and done wonder, and will respond to my questions.

elpame wrote:

What a wonderful first post, one with a threat in it. How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? I hoped you checked before you subscribed that U-Verse did not have beIN Sports. If not, then you have yourself to blame. With time, there is a chance that U-Verse will add beIN as part of it's lineup.

When is your deadline for U-Verse to add beIN Sports? I hope that you are not a one post one and done wonder, and will respond to my questions.

89 of 152 (2,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 6:20:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

elpame wrote:

You have to wonder how many of these OPWs are the same person.

elpame wrote:

You have to wonder how many of these OPWs are the same person.

90 of 152 (1,984 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments