kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@marknmarcy wrote:
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

In order to make your posts easier to read, please quote the post you are replying to. Without the quote above your post, one does not know the reason for your post.

In addition, please try to combine posts instead of having multiple one line posts. Again, it makes your point of view much easier to read.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@marknmarcy wrote:
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

Not sure who you are referring to, but AT&T is actually gaining customers every year where Comcast is losing them.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is the official word:

“Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.”

What is frustrating is that I call 1st level support (in July) and they are adamant that I am supposed to have these channels. I guess that the word does not get out to Uverse’s own help desk. So I get lifted to 2nd level support. That guy says I never had those channels.

This is a typical example of my experience calling for Uverse support. Oh sure, they can reset your gateway, wipe out your DVR but they never know what is really going on.

So I get a $20 credit for my trouble. I am expecting my monthly bill to go down since I am losing channels.

Does anyone agree?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Frustrating.... hope it's not true.  I love these channels!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@MadatYouFerse wrote:

So I get a $20 credit for my trouble. I am expecting my monthly bill to go down since I am losing channels.

Does anyone agree?

Nope. Unless there are channels that you subscribe to a on an al carte basis, you subscribe to a package not to channels.  The Terms of Service Agreement states that the TV provider has the right to add or remove channels from a package.  You have the right to be upset  when this happens; however, you are not entitled to compensation or a reduced bill when a channel is removed from a package.  You also would not expect to see an increase in your bill at the time that a new channel is added to your package.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Randyman0974 wrote:

Frustrating.... hope it's not true.  I love these channels!

The removal already happened on June 25. You seemed to have known that fact since you posted about it on June 27.   http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/WWME-and-2-other-channels-gone/m-p/3241889#M94162

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Dwinth, you are right on with your assumption but how does your post benefit anyone on this forumn. Yes, I did already know as I stated in previous posts and since I did watch the channels daily.

They were supposed to return for viewing outside the 20 mile Chicago radius.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Just got this reply from the WWME folks:

"AT&T U-verse update: Viewers who live approximately 20 miles or more from downtown Chicago can expect Me-TV to be restored by the end of the year."

Seems like a long time for a fix to me and what about those who live >20 miles from downtown?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I left Comcast for this exact reason.  You pay for all the channels and then they start monkeying around and removing channels you watched or moving them to a new tier and charging you extra for them.  I love METV and METOO and I was dissapointed they were removed.  I have been watching more TBS and TVLand because of it.  I do notice that the cost on my bill did not go down though since those channels are not available.  I doubt switching to a new provider will help because there are stations UVerse offers that the others do  not.  I certainly get more HD channels with UVerse than I did with Comcast.  Personally I am tired of all these games provders and the channels play that ultimately just hurt the viewer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am SO disappointed in U-Verse.  I used to brag about AT&T U-Verse to everyone but now since Hallmark and recently MeTV & MeToo I'm retracting all the great things I've ever said and I'll stop referring many people to their service.  Even though I said in the past NEVER NEVER COMCAST I'm contemplating that I may be switching soon.  This is ridiculous.  There are family and friends that live in the surrounding Chicagoland area that still get MeTV and MeToo on their U-Verse channel line up.  I am not understanding how they can remove local channels from basic cable in just certain areas.  I may just end up using a digital box and antenna only and give money to ComEd for using electricity alone.  I'm fed up with these negotiations and contracts on TV channels because of profitable greed "just saying".  I can go back to just locals on my television and save at least $100 a month.  Hmmmmm something to consider   🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.