Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 27, 2012
1:07:39 PM
WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Accepted Solution

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

8,851 views
117 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(117)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2012 7:14:02 AM
0
(0)
Contributor
I got the same response a week ago. I know it didn't take that long to pull the plug...shouldn't take that long to restore....
I got the same response a week ago. I know it didn't take that long to pull the plug...shouldn't take that long to restore....

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

61 of 118 (3,365 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2012 5:44:21 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

I had an interesting conversation with support on Saturday on these two channels.  He sent me to the terms of service page and stated that AT&T is only a delivery agent and content may be removed at the digression of AT&T!

 

Interruptions,  Limitations, And Modifications To Service
    Some programming may not be available in certain areas due to legal,  regulatory, and contractual prohibitions,  including restrictions of the Federal Communications Commission and  sports blackouts.

 

He was very arrogant and didn't offer any suggestions of who to contact on having these channels added back to their lineup.

 

 

I had an interesting conversation with support on Saturday on these two channels.  He sent me to the terms of service page and stated that AT&T is only a delivery agent and content may be removed at the digression of AT&T!

 

Interruptions,  Limitations, And Modifications To Service
    Some programming may not be available in certain areas due to legal,  regulatory, and contractual prohibitions,  including restrictions of the Federal Communications Commission and  sports blackouts.

 

He was very arrogant and didn't offer any suggestions of who to contact on having these channels added back to their lineup.

 

 

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

62 of 118 (3,317 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2012 7:04:30 AM
0
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Randyman0974 on Jul 8, 2012 at 7:07:28 AM

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

 

I had an interesting conversation with support on Saturday on these two channels.  He sent me to the terms of service page and stated that AT&T is only a delivery agent and content may be removed at the digression of AT&T!

 

Interruptions,  Limitations, And Modifications To Service     Some programming may not be available in certain areas due to legal,  regulatory, and contractual prohibitions,  including restrictions of the Federal Communications Commission and  sports blackouts.

 

He was very arrogant and didn't offer any suggestions of who to contact on having these channels added back to their lineup.

 

=========================================

 

Well... I think this is something that most if not everyone was aware of when they signed up for U-verse, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

 

Believe me when I say I'm not defending At&t.  This type of language in a contract is very common to allow a company do just what was done here with these channels. 

 

A company wants to be able to do what they need to do to make a buck.  After all that's their goal and it's that simple.  It would be interesting to find out what number of customers actually will drop the service just because they say they are going to.  You can bet money that At&t knows that number! 

 

 

 

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

 

I had an interesting conversation with support on Saturday on these two channels.  He sent me to the terms of service page and stated that AT&T is only a delivery agent and content may be removed at the digression of AT&T!

 

Interruptions,  Limitations, And Modifications To Service     Some programming may not be available in certain areas due to legal,  regulatory, and contractual prohibitions,  including restrictions of the Federal Communications Commission and  sports blackouts.

 

He was very arrogant and didn't offer any suggestions of who to contact on having these channels added back to their lineup.

 

=========================================

 

Well... I think this is something that most if not everyone was aware of when they signed up for U-verse, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

 

Believe me when I say I'm not defending At&t.  This type of language in a contract is very common to allow a company do just what was done here with these channels. 

 

A company wants to be able to do what they need to do to make a buck.  After all that's their goal and it's that simple.  It would be interesting to find out what number of customers actually will drop the service just because they say they are going to.  You can bet money that At&t knows that number! 

 

 

 

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

[ Edited ]
63 of 118 (3,310 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2012 6:41:11 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

Hi all,

I have had U-Verse for several years and have always had access to channel 23 it is an Indiana channel but living in Illinois it has always been part of the local line-up. This channel has some of my favorite programs including Son of Svengoulie that is a local show in Illinois.  Imagine my dismay when I tried to watch my favorite show and the channel is no longer available in my area.  Am I the only fan of this channel or are others upset as I am that this channel is no longer available?  It is enough to make me want to change to XFinity.

Hi all,

I have had U-Verse for several years and have always had access to channel 23 it is an Indiana channel but living in Illinois it has always been part of the local line-up. This channel has some of my favorite programs including Son of Svengoulie that is a local show in Illinois.  Imagine my dismay when I tried to watch my favorite show and the channel is no longer available in my area.  Am I the only fan of this channel or are others upset as I am that this channel is no longer available?  It is enough to make me want to change to XFinity.

Missing channel in Illinois

64 of 118 (3,281 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2012 12:52:52 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

rockn50 wrote:

Yeah, I too am VERY upset about this.  It just isn't these two channels...it appears that the U-Verse phylosophy is that local programming will be abandoned.  I live just south of Chicago, and never had access to CLTV (Chicagoland Television) - now add WWME.  Even the Weather Channel is of a national flavor - "Local on the 8's" is what you see in a hotel room in any city you might travel to.

 

I am seriously considering chaning carriers now.  The local stations are important to me, not only for the entertainment, sports (sometimes the Cubs games are on WCIU) - but news and weather as well. 

 

I would like to hear if anyone else is getting the same - loss of local programming.,


Chicagoland TV is a cable-only channel owned by Tribune and they will not be offering it to Uverse at any time.  It's their advantage to having cable. Smiley Wink

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more


rockn50 wrote:

Yeah, I too am VERY upset about this.  It just isn't these two channels...it appears that the U-Verse phylosophy is that local programming will be abandoned.  I live just south of Chicago, and never had access to CLTV (Chicagoland Television) - now add WWME.  Even the Weather Channel is of a national flavor - "Local on the 8's" is what you see in a hotel room in any city you might travel to.

 

I am seriously considering chaning carriers now.  The local stations are important to me, not only for the entertainment, sports (sometimes the Cubs games are on WCIU) - but news and weather as well. 

 

I would like to hear if anyone else is getting the same - loss of local programming.,


Chicagoland TV is a cable-only channel owned by Tribune and they will not be offering it to Uverse at any time.  It's their advantage to having cable. Smiley Wink

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

65 of 118 (3,262 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2012 9:45:06 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

From a Facebook Social Media Manager

" However, in the near future we will be added MeTV into our lineup in all markets. Hope that helps to clear things up!'

From a Facebook Social Media Manager

" However, in the near future we will be added MeTV into our lineup in all markets. Hope that helps to clear things up!'

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

66 of 118 (3,223 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 1:26:37 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

I am very dissapointed that AT&T removed WWME.  I really liked watching those old shows. 

I am very dissapointed that AT&T removed WWME.  I really liked watching those old shows. 

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

67 of 118 (3,139 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2012 7:08:53 AM
0
(0)
Mentor
So all uverse subscribers will get metv?
So all uverse subscribers will get metv?

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

68 of 118 (3,100 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2012 9:37:49 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Erhodes64 wrote:
So all uverse subscribers will get metv?
AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

Erhodes64 wrote:
So all uverse subscribers will get metv?
AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

69 of 118 (3,080 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2012 7:06:07 AM
0
(0)
Contributor

I want my ME TV back.

I want my ME TV back.

I want my me tv

70 of 118 (3,029 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2012 7:25:50 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

heps74 wrote:

I want my ME TV back.


Please check the post by Ish Kabibble above your post where he gives a link indicating that ME TV will eventually be in all U-Verse markets. Here is his post: 

 

AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

heps74 wrote:

I want my ME TV back.


Please check the post by Ish Kabibble above your post where he gives a link indicating that ME TV will eventually be in all U-Verse markets. Here is his post: 

 

AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I want my me tv

71 of 118 (3,019 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2012 2:21:05 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

any updates on contract negotiations with Me tv?  we haven't had the channel for weeks and we're not too happy about losing Me Tv and Me too and we're not very happy about it!Smiley Sad

any updates on contract negotiations with Me tv?  we haven't had the channel for weeks and we're not too happy about losing Me Tv and Me too and we're not very happy about it!Smiley Sad

any updates on contract negotiations with Me tv?

72 of 118 (2,993 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2012 6:11:38 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

buttercupr wrote:

any updates on contract negotiations with Me tv?  we haven't had the channel for weeks and we're not too happy about losing Me Tv and Me too and we're not very happy about it!Smiley Sad



We are all subscribers to U-Verse just like you, so we do not have the priviledge to know the status of any contract negotiations between AT&T and Me TV.

 

Fellow subscriber, Ish Kabibble, did post this from Facebook:

 

AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

buttercupr wrote:

any updates on contract negotiations with Me tv?  we haven't had the channel for weeks and we're not too happy about losing Me Tv and Me too and we're not very happy about it!Smiley Sad



We are all subscribers to U-Verse just like you, so we do not have the priviledge to know the status of any contract negotiations between AT&T and Me TV.

 

Fellow subscriber, Ish Kabibble, did post this from Facebook:

 

AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: any updates on contract negotiations with Me tv?

73 of 118 (2,967 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 10:23:55 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Agreed! Esp. since these family-friendly stations are one of the FEW ones in the U-family lineup!
Agreed! Esp. since these family-friendly stations are one of the FEW ones in the U-family lineup!

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

74 of 118 (2,934 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 10:29:21 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
OK, well since 3 channels were removed, it only seems fair that 3 others should get added. Is that a possibility? Especially for the U-family package, which is family-friendly and the 3 channels removed were some of the best examples of family-friendly!
OK, well since 3 channels were removed, it only seems fair that 3 others should get added. Is that a possibility? Especially for the U-family package, which is family-friendly and the 3 channels removed were some of the best examples of family-friendly!

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

75 of 118 (2,933 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 10:30:24 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Ok, but what does "eventually" mean? 4 weeks? 8 months?
Ok, but what does "eventually" mean? 4 weeks? 8 months?

Re: I want my me tv

76 of 118 (2,933 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2012 7:05:47 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

You are not the only one, believe me, and I wasn't even aware of this until I found my DVR wasn't recording any of the programs I used to like to watch, now I am looking at comcast and if that is a bust, going back to a regular outdoor antenna, at least I will get better reception on HD.

You are not the only one, believe me, and I wasn't even aware of this until I found my DVR wasn't recording any of the programs I used to like to watch, now I am looking at comcast and if that is a bust, going back to a regular outdoor antenna, at least I will get better reception on HD.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

77 of 118 (2,900 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2012 12:18:05 PM
0
(0)
Contributor
After losing Me and MeToo last week, I am now not getting channel 56 WYIN. The screen says the broadcaster is having difficulty, but a friend who has Comcast says the channel comes in loud and clear. Who's lying? Another U-verse casualty?
After losing Me and MeToo last week, I am now not getting channel 56 WYIN. The screen says the broadcaster is having difficulty, but a friend who has Comcast says the channel comes in loud and clear. Who's lying? Another U-verse casualty?

What's next?

78 of 118 (2,821 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2012 12:34:12 PM
0
(0)
Expert

Pathetic wrote:
After losing Me and MeToo last week, I am now not getting channel 56 WYIN. The screen says the broadcaster is having difficulty, but a friend who has Comcast says the channel comes in loud and clear. Who's lying? Another U-verse casualty?

No one is lying.  The difficulty is with the transmission between WYIN and U-verse.


Pathetic wrote:
After losing Me and MeToo last week, I am now not getting channel 56 WYIN. The screen says the broadcaster is having difficulty, but a friend who has Comcast says the channel comes in loud and clear. Who's lying? Another U-verse casualty?

No one is lying.  The difficulty is with the transmission between WYIN and U-verse.

Re: What's next?

79 of 118 (2,817 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 10:20:33 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Yeah, actually w/ a good antenna and a digital converter (was free from the govt a couple years ago), supposedly you can get GREAT reception -- if you're close and/or high enough! I may try this just to get ME-TV!
Yeah, actually w/ a good antenna and a digital converter (was free from the govt a couple years ago), supposedly you can get GREAT reception -- if you're close and/or high enough! I may try this just to get ME-TV!

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

80 of 118 (2,710 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 10:23:02 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

Re: What's next?

81 of 118 (2,721 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 1:59:16 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

marknmarcy wrote:
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

In order to make your posts easier to read, please quote the post you are replying to. Without the quote above your post, one does not know the reason for your post.

 

In addition, please try to combine posts instead of having multiple one line posts. Again, it makes your point of view much easier to read.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

marknmarcy wrote:
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

In order to make your posts easier to read, please quote the post you are replying to. Without the quote above your post, one does not know the reason for your post.

 

In addition, please try to combine posts instead of having multiple one line posts. Again, it makes your point of view much easier to read.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What's next?

82 of 118 (2,690 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 2:40:50 PM
0
(0)
Master

marknmarcy wrote:
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

Not sure who you are referring to, but AT&T is actually gaining customers every year where Comcast is losing them.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

marknmarcy wrote:
Well, then Uverse should fix that. Or you will (continue to?) lose customers to Comcast!

Not sure who you are referring to, but AT&T is actually gaining customers every year where Comcast is losing them.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: What's next?

83 of 118 (2,681 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 9:46:43 AM
0
(0)
Voyager

This is the official word:

 

“Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.”

 

What is frustrating is that I call 1st level support (in July) and they are adamant that I am supposed to have these channels. I guess that the word does not get out to Uverse’s own help desk. So I get lifted to 2nd level support. That guy says I never had those channels.

 

This is a typical example of my experience calling for Uverse support. Oh sure, they can reset your gateway, wipe out your DVR but they never know what is really going on.

 

So I get a $20 credit for my trouble. I am expecting my monthly bill to go down since I am losing channels.

 

Does anyone agree?

This is the official word:

 

“Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.”

 

What is frustrating is that I call 1st level support (in July) and they are adamant that I am supposed to have these channels. I guess that the word does not get out to Uverse’s own help desk. So I get lifted to 2nd level support. That guy says I never had those channels.

 

This is a typical example of my experience calling for Uverse support. Oh sure, they can reset your gateway, wipe out your DVR but they never know what is really going on.

 

So I get a $20 credit for my trouble. I am expecting my monthly bill to go down since I am losing channels.

 

Does anyone agree?

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

84 of 118 (2,639 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 9:54:44 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

Frustrating.... hope it's not true.  I love these channels!

Frustrating.... hope it's not true.  I love these channels!

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

85 of 118 (2,632 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 9:55:47 AM
0
(0)
Expert

MadatYouFerse wrote:

 

So I get a $20 credit for my trouble. I am expecting my monthly bill to go down since I am losing channels.

 

Does anyone agree?


Nope. Unless there are channels that you subscribe to a on an al carte basis, you subscribe to a package not to channels.  The Terms of Service Agreement states that the TV provider has the right to add or remove channels from a package.  You have the right to be upset  when this happens; however, you are not entitled to compensation or a reduced bill when a channel is removed from a package.  You also would not expect to see an increase in your bill at the time that a new channel is added to your package.


MadatYouFerse wrote:

 

So I get a $20 credit for my trouble. I am expecting my monthly bill to go down since I am losing channels.

 

Does anyone agree?


Nope. Unless there are channels that you subscribe to a on an al carte basis, you subscribe to a package not to channels.  The Terms of Service Agreement states that the TV provider has the right to add or remove channels from a package.  You have the right to be upset  when this happens; however, you are not entitled to compensation or a reduced bill when a channel is removed from a package.  You also would not expect to see an increase in your bill at the time that a new channel is added to your package.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

86 of 118 (2,629 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 10:21:18 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

Randyman0974 wrote:

Frustrating.... hope it's not true.  I love these channels!


The removal already happened on June 25. You seemed to have known that fact since you posted about it on June 27.   http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/WWME-and-2-other-channels-gone/m-p/3241889#M94...

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Randyman0974 wrote:

Frustrating.... hope it's not true.  I love these channels!


The removal already happened on June 25. You seemed to have known that fact since you posted about it on June 27.   http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/WWME-and-2-other-channels-gone/m-p/3241889#M94162

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

87 of 118 (2,618 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 11:07:41 AM
0
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Randyman0974 on Jul 18, 2012 at 11:08:48 AM

Dwinth, you are right on with your assumption but how does your post benefit anyone on this forumn. Yes, I did already know as I stated in previous posts and since I did watch the channels daily.

They were supposed to return for viewing outside the 20 mile Chicago radius.

Dwinth, you are right on with your assumption but how does your post benefit anyone on this forumn. Yes, I did already know as I stated in previous posts and since I did watch the channels daily.

They were supposed to return for viewing outside the 20 mile Chicago radius.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

[ Edited ]
88 of 118 (2,605 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2012 12:14:25 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

Just got this reply from the WWME folks:

 

"AT&T U-verse update: Viewers who live approximately 20 miles or more from downtown Chicago can expect Me-TV to be restored by the end of the year."

 

Seems like a long time for a fix to me and what about those who live >20 miles from downtown?

Just got this reply from the WWME folks:

 

"AT&T U-verse update: Viewers who live approximately 20 miles or more from downtown Chicago can expect Me-TV to be restored by the end of the year."

 

Seems like a long time for a fix to me and what about those who live >20 miles from downtown?

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

89 of 118 (2,393 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2012 11:58:10 AM
0
(0)
Contributor

I left Comcast for this exact reason.  You pay for all the channels and then they start monkeying around and removing channels you watched or moving them to a new tier and charging you extra for them.  I love METV and METOO and I was dissapointed they were removed.  I have been watching more TBS and TVLand because of it.  I do notice that the cost on my bill did not go down though since those channels are not available.  I doubt switching to a new provider will help because there are stations UVerse offers that the others do  not.  I certainly get more HD channels with UVerse than I did with Comcast.  Personally I am tired of all these games provders and the channels play that ultimately just hurt the viewer.

I left Comcast for this exact reason.  You pay for all the channels and then they start monkeying around and removing channels you watched or moving them to a new tier and charging you extra for them.  I love METV and METOO and I was dissapointed they were removed.  I have been watching more TBS and TVLand because of it.  I do notice that the cost on my bill did not go down though since those channels are not available.  I doubt switching to a new provider will help because there are stations UVerse offers that the others do  not.  I certainly get more HD channels with UVerse than I did with Comcast.  Personally I am tired of all these games provders and the channels play that ultimately just hurt the viewer.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

90 of 118 (2,323 Views)
Share this post
Share this post