kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

@dian1950 wrote:

I find it amazing that COMCAST can carry all the local Chicago stations including sub-channels but U-verse can't.

Comcast can carry all of them until they run into an expiring situation - but I sense that you already know that.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

@k9jdk wrote:

I'm not too happy about this and have sent a note to Weigel Broadcasting asking the "what happened" question. 

If/when I get a reply, I'll post it here.

At the moment, I don't know if this was a Uverse or Weigel decision.  Either way I'm disappointed.

Although the notice that texasguy posted mentioned "portion of the Chicago market," it sounds like everyone that had those two, lost those two.  ie. maybe some parts of the Chicago market (a portion, lol) never had them in the first place, maybe outside the "must carry" territory but still part of the Chicago "market.".

I also have to add that i do not get any kind of written notices anymore on the possibility of losing stations.  Where are the post cards?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@dian1950 wrote:

I find it amazing that COMCAST can carry all the local Chicago stations including sub-channels but U-verse can't.

Comcast can carry all of them until they run into an expiring situation - but I sense that you already know that.

That poster does seem to come on the forum periodically to make extreme statements which imply that AT&T U-verse is evil and all other TV providers are saints.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

That poster does seem to come on the forum periodically to make extreme statements which imply that AT&T U-verse is evil and all other TV providers are saints.

Are you disputing that position?  Smiley Wink

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

LOL.  I think that poster has an axe to grind.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Seriously?  Getting rid of MeTV in the Chicago market?  Renew the contract and provide a service to your customers.  Don't your car commercial channels (channel 86) pay for anything?  Get it right AT&T.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

I can't believe AT&T did this! WWME - MeTV are hometown stations. We already went to a different internet & voice for better service and prices.  TV may be next. First Hallmark (yes Hallmark is still a sore spot!) but this may be the final straw. UVerse Do the right thing soon!!

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

No reply from Weigel Broadcasting yet and received a "canned" response from Alex the AT&T guy mentioned in a previous note ( #3 ) in this thread.

And BTW, how does one delete a post?  The Options pull down does not have a delete choice.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I hope ATT understands that this will cause many customers to switch providers. In my location I do not get a good enough signal to watch these channels with a digital antenna. I have contacted comcast and they will be installing me late next week. Once the installation is complete I will cancel all 3 of my uverse services. I am disappointed they provide no notice.  Its too bad they don't understand there is a segment of the market that will pay more for additional channels/networks but they lose all the business if they don't offer the option.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am also  very fustrated  and about to pull all and everything to do with AT&T Uverwse, wireless, Land line phone and internet. This is the last straw. First  my wifes channels DYI (came back) and  Hall mark and now the only ones I watch at Night and catch up on some old favorites. i record my favorites on WWME on the DVR to watch at night. I want those channels and if AT&T does not restore them, then I will find a provider that will provide them. I am also upset about the changes to IM on the wireless plans changing to uses smart phone data rates then the free IM service which contract called for.  

I am upset there were no messages about this in the U-verse message system and is totally non acceptable.  If I were to do this to my customers I would be out of business! 

Please Bring Back WWME and it's sister station before I start calling Comcast.to transfer all services. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.