kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@GB777 wrote:

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

Uverse didn't even send out a notice they were pulling these channels.

See my first message in this thread.

I received no such message/notice. The only way I confirmed it was gone and not something wrong with my service was to find mention of it here.

They told me I'd get Wireless N router while it doesn't exist, tried to get me to pay an activation fee when I was told I wouldn't  be charged one, installer said my outside equipment needed to be upgraded but nobody would do it, I got AM radio over my telephones, sometimes my tv goes blank and I need to unplug the box and now they are taking away a very popular tv channel and it's related channels.

Why am I using Uverse?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@GB777 wrote:

I received no such message/notice. The only way I confirmed it was gone and not something wrong with my service was to find mention of it here.

They told me I'd get Wireless N router while it doesn't exist, tried to get me to pay an activation fee when I was told I wouldn't  be charged one, installer said my outside equipment needed to be upgraded but nobody would do it, I got AM radio over my telephones, sometimes my tv goes blank and I need to unplug the box and now they are taking away a very popular tv channel and it's related channels.

Why am I using Uverse?

Good question.  Why are you?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Is AT&T serious!!???  For the Chicago market; it is simply unfathomable not to have WWME and its sister station!!!  If the all mighty dollar is all that is need to bring them back; then just have AT&T write a check and pay the stations!!!! I am not happy about this and when the rest of Chicago finds out about this AT&T's facebook, twitter and all other social media blogs are gonna explode with talk!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm very upset because I sat down and turned the metv to watch Perry Mason and I don't have it anymore.  That was part of my (me time) before I went to bed.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Unbelievable!  I was hoping Uverse was done playing games with us!  First they took away Hallmark, then we had to yell and scream and protest before they brought back HGTV (etal), and now they're taking away all the shows we grew up on!!  This is the last straw...when my promotions are over with, I'm out of here!!!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm paying $90/mo for a handful of channels that I actually watch and 200 shopping and sports channels and other crap. It was a hard decision to move to u-verse because they were more expensive than my previous cable but I did it because of their DVR capabilities even though I would lose Hallmark. Now I've lost ME. I don't see any real reason to stay with u-verse any longer. Fortunately, my area has the choice of 3 cable companies. My old cable company still has Hallmark and ME and they have now upgraded their DVRs to record multiple shows - I retain my functionality AND get my two favorite channels back for less money!! I'm not under any contract with u-verse so first chance I get to call I'm switching back to my old company. AT&T u-verse, overall I liked my cable with you but it no longer makes sense to stay with you when comparing channels vs. pricing, channel lineup being a high priority.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

I find it amazing that COMCAST can carry all the local Chicago stations including sub-channels but U-verse can't.

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@GB777 wrote:

Why am I using Uverse?

Good question.  Why are you?

I won't be when my year is up!!!!!!!!

Maybe when others see Uverse/ATT can't even provide the basic channels everyone without cable service receive, they too will look elseware.

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

12 years ago

My advice would be to get in touch with the people at Weigel Broadcasting and let them know you're unhappy that they forced Uverse into dropping those channels.[also let them know if you're unable to watch those channels due to poor OTA reception in your area]

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

I'm not too happy about this and have sent a note to Weigel Broadcasting asking the "what happened" question. 

If/when I get a reply, I'll post it here.

At the moment, I don't know if this was a Uverse or Weigel decision.  Either way I'm disappointed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.