kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

From the link below:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

@kendallquinn wrote:

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers.  He can pass along your frustartion to the proper workgroups at AT&T.  I believe that these channels should be available over the air but I do see that WWME is a "CA" station and 48 is a "CD" station.  These C class stations are lower powered but with a decent indoor antenna, I bet that you can get them.

Those two are owned by the same group - so maybe it is a contract dispute?  Then it's a two way street, it could be that Weigel forced them off of U-Verse?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

It's disappointing that we have lost these channels.  These are all I watch! 

Doesn't surprise me.  AT&T is only concerned about money.... Not it's customers!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am also upset that these channels are missing.  I watch them everyday.  I don't want to do this, but I will have to go over to Comcast if this is going to be permanent.

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

12 years ago

This is a load of garbage!!!!! I switched from Comcast to Uverse and may have to go back when my year is up. Had WWME and it's sister channels there.

I believe these channels are available on free tv in the Chicago area, why aren't they for pay?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

The noitce above is interesting:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

So it appears that not all of the Chicago market is effected by the change.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I totally agree with you!  I just got home and did my daily ritual to find out that the channels are gone!  I'm soooo mad.  And now my 3 stooges that i've been watching forever on saturday nights are gone along with  Svengoolie.  I grew up with this, I'm so mad, its bad their service sux and freezes up on me and been dealing with these types of issues for a couple of years now.  Like they say...they care about MONEY not their customers...I'm not happy with what I pay and I'm really thinking about switching and I wouldn't recommend at&t to anyone I know.

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

12 years ago

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

Uverse didn't even send out a notice they were pulling these channels.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@GB777 wrote:

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

Uverse didn't even send out a notice they were pulling these channels.

See my first message in this thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This absoulutel sucks. Love me tv shows. Time to shop around.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.