U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 23, 2013
12:41:02 PM
Viewing Foscam camera from outside my network?

I have a wireless Foscam camera which worked just fine for weeks. I was able to configure it to view it from outside my network and on my phone. This was before i got U-verse internet. Since i have switched to U-verse i am not able to view my camera from outside my network (internally it works fine using the private IP). I have setup port forwarding by reading the various posts but haven't had much luck.

Has anyone gotten past this issue? Do i need to revert to using my Cisco router to configure this or I should be able to set this up by just having the AT&T wireless gateway?

Thanks!

I have a wireless Foscam camera which worked just fine for weeks. I was able to configure it to view it from outside my network and on my phone. This was before i got U-verse internet. Since i have switched to U-verse i am not able to view my camera from outside my network (internally it works fine using the private IP). I have setup port forwarding by reading the various posts but haven't had much luck.

Has anyone gotten past this issue? Do i need to revert to using my Cisco router to configure this or I should be able to set this up by just having the AT&T wireless gateway?

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 23, 2013 7:38:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Nevermind, I just had to restart my camera and now it works fine :smileyhappy:. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Viewing Foscam camera from outside my network?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2013 12:55:28 PM
(0)
Expert
Please post the camera model number.
Please post the camera model number.

Re: Viewing Foscam camera from outside my network?

2 of 8 (2,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2013 2:54:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

Foscam FI8910W

Foscam FI8910W

3 of 8 (2,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 23, 2013 7:38:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Nevermind, I just had to restart my camera and now it works fine :smileyhappy:. Thanks!

4 of 8 (2,164 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2013 9:01:40 PM
(0)
Expert
OK, cool, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
OK, cool, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

5 of 8 (2,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 7:00:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I’m having an issue with a Foscam camera that I just can’t figure out. I have two of them. One of them I got set up and working fine on the 3801GHV router   ~ both LAN and remote access, using port 8090. The second one works fine on the LAN, but I can’t seem to get the pinhole open for the second camera ( I’ve tried several ports). Any suggestions on how to proceed. I’ve already contacted Foscam support to no avail. They finally told me to check with uverse support.

I’m having an issue with a Foscam camera that I just can’t figure out. I have two of them. One of them I got set up and working fine on the 3801GHV router   ~ both LAN and remote access, using port 8090. The second one works fine on the LAN, but I can’t seem to get the pinhole open for the second camera ( I’ve tried several ports). Any suggestions on how to proceed. I’ve already contacted Foscam support to no avail. They finally told me to check with uverse support.

6 of 8 (1,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 8:16:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

I recentely purchased a Foscam FI8910W (wireless IP camera) and cannot set up the remote access. I'm having difficulties with the port forwarding. The directions do not show what to do for an AT&T router. 

I recentely purchased a Foscam FI8910W (wireless IP camera) and cannot set up the remote access. I'm having difficulties with the port forwarding. The directions do not show what to do for an AT&T router. 

7 of 8 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2015 8:04:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

Has anyone gotten the remote access to the Foscam (FI8905W) camera to work?  What port?  Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere?

Thank you.

Has anyone gotten the remote access to the Foscam (FI8905W) camera to work?  What port?  Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere?

Thank you.

8 of 8 (354 Views)