Need help with your equipment?
gunner_wifi's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 8:41 PM

Viewing Foscam camera from outside my network?

I have a wireless Foscam camera which worked just fine for weeks. I was able to configure it to view it from outside my network and on my phone. This was before i got U-verse internet. Since i have switched to U-verse i am not able to view my camera from outside my network (internally it works fine using the private IP). I have setup port forwarding by reading the various posts but haven't had much luck.

Has anyone gotten past this issue? Do i need to revert to using my Cisco router to configure this or I should be able to set this up by just having the AT&T wireless gateway?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Nevermind, I just had to restart my camera and now it works fine :). Thanks!

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Please post the camera model number.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Foscam FI8910W

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

OK, cool, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I’m having an issue with a Foscam camera that I just can’t figure out. I have two of them. One of them I got set up and working fine on the 3801GHV router   ~ both LAN and remote access, using port 8090. The second one works fine on the LAN, but I can’t seem to get the pinhole open for the second camera ( I’ve tried several ports). Any suggestions on how to proceed. I’ve already contacted Foscam support to no avail. They finally told me to check with uverse support.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I recentely purchased a Foscam FI8910W (wireless IP camera) and cannot set up the remote access. I'm having difficulties with the port forwarding. The directions do not show what to do for an AT&T router. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Has anyone gotten the remote access to the Foscam (FI8905W) camera to work?  What port?  Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere?

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Are you using the Foscam 8910 and the AT&T 5031NV by chance?  I'm having difficulty viewing the cameras from outside my local network.  They work fine on my wifi, but just don't connect when outside my network.  Any suggestions?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I had to call AT&T to open the ports needed. Couldn't open them myself!
Hope that helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.