Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 13, 2014
9:21:39 AM
VAP 2500 and wireless receiver signal strength.

How can I ensure the transmitter is putting out full power as the recievers signal strenght is low?

How can I ensure the transmitter is putting out full power as the recievers signal strenght is low?

VAP 2500 and wireless receiver signal strength.

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 12:35:21 PM
(0)
Expert

What is the distance between the VAP 2500 and the wireless receiver?  Has the signal strength changed from what it previously was at the location?

What is the distance between the VAP 2500 and the wireless receiver?  Has the signal strength changed from what it previously was at the location?

Re: VAP 2500 and wireless receiver signal strength.

2 of 9 (1,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 12:51:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

It's a new instalation.  The distance is < 100'.  Thanks

It's a new instalation.  The distance is < 100'.  Thanks

3 of 9 (1,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 12:52:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
It's a new installation.??Less than 100'.? I wanted to look at the transmitter parameters but the login information is not published.?

Thank You
It's a new installation.??Less than 100'.? I wanted to look at the transmitter parameters but the login information is not published.?

Thank You

4 of 9 (1,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 12:58:17 PM
(0)
Expert

How many feet? Interference and the construction of your house, can dictate how far the VAP 2500 can be from the wireless receiver.  

Can you get the VAP 2500 closer to the receiver?

How many feet? Interference and the construction of your house, can dictate how far the VAP 2500 can be from the wireless receiver.  

Can you get the VAP 2500 closer to the receiver?

5 of 9 (1,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 1:00:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

At this point it would be a job.  I'm looking into a repeater option as it seems inexpensive but I'd sure like a login to the transmitter to check output power level.

At this point it would be a job.  I'm looking into a repeater option as it seems inexpensive but I'd sure like a login to the transmitter to check output power level.

6 of 9 (1,441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 1:08:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have serious doubts about the repeater being a realistic option, given the multicast traffic and the need for error-free, no-loss transmission.

Note that it'll have be a 5.0 GHz capable device, not 2.4 GHz.

I have serious doubts about the repeater being a realistic option, given the multicast traffic and the need for error-free, no-loss transmission.

Note that it'll have be a 5.0 GHz capable device, not 2.4 GHz.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (1,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 1:16:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Understood about your concerns on the repeater but I am looking at a repeater working in the 5500 MHz to the 6000 MHz range at 600 mw I believe.  A bit more than $100.

Understood about your concerns on the repeater but I am looking at a repeater working in the 5500 MHz to the 6000 MHz range at 600 mw I believe.  A bit more than $100.

8 of 9 (1,432 Views)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2014 9:15:32 AM
(1)
Tutor

Here is the solution to my issue.  I investigated repeater/booster issues to stick with a wireless solution but the manufacturer of the equimpment did not get back to my inquiry.  After a few days of mulling this over I recalled a conversation that I recently had with an AT&T support technician/engineer on a problem that I was experiencing with the U Verse watch TV online application.  He gave me the suggestion to connect the AT&T router interface to the electrical wires in the house using a powerline extended internet device.  I did purchase a kit with 2 devices and this solved the issue with my wireless reciever transmitter.  It's a very inexpensive and easy option.  Thank You to everyone that replied.

Here is the solution to my issue.  I investigated repeater/booster issues to stick with a wireless solution but the manufacturer of the equimpment did not get back to my inquiry.  After a few days of mulling this over I recalled a conversation that I recently had with an AT&T support technician/engineer on a problem that I was experiencing with the U Verse watch TV online application.  He gave me the suggestion to connect the AT&T router interface to the electrical wires in the house using a powerline extended internet device.  I did purchase a kit with 2 devices and this solved the issue with my wireless reciever transmitter.  It's a very inexpensive and easy option.  Thank You to everyone that replied.

9 of 9 (1,329 Views)