For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Kptkrondog's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 11:19 PM

Uverse landline has no dial tone

2 days ago the landline at our house stopped giving a dial tone. It's a vtech wireless with 3 handsets, none of them get a dial tone. I can connect a phone directly to the "Phone 1" jack on the back of the gateway and get a dial tone, but that's it. All connections are secure, I have reset the gateway multiple times, to no avail. 

I've seen other posts with similar issues and most of them were solved with rebooting the gateway or connecting a wire that was unplugged, but to the best of my knowledge, that isn't the case here. Is this something that will require a service visit? We were already considering dropping the landline, if we have to wait a week for a tech to come out I think that will seal the deal most likely.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Since a phone works on the RG  tel jack, the problem is the house wiring or the VTech.

Plug the VTEC base into the tel jack on the RG using the same wire that worked.

If it works, just leave it like that & use the wireless to get to the stations.

If you need to use house wiring, you need to trace it out to find an open.

Also, make sure the tel house wiring does NOT connect to the NID.

If you cannot do that, you need a tech & I believe house wiring is billable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So I plugged the main receiver into the gateway and it is working. I guess I'll try it in another room that's in a more convenient spot and see if it's just this particular room that has gone bad.

Thanks for the suggestion, don't know why I didn't try that in all of my efforts.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

this has been happening to me too!!!! AT&T has a problem but obviously not willing to fix it...yet they bill us for servie we do not get!   The purpose of having a landline is for reliability..... the OLD AT&T was good this uverse is terrible..... ATLANTA WAKE UP and FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

ATT U-verse,. Restore my DIAL TONE to use my home phone. [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] dated for June 20 , 2016.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

ATT-U-verse I need you to fix the dial tone on my home phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.