signlady's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 5:50 PM

Uverse help

so I just got uverse, what is up with turning on another tv and getting a message saying you have to turn off a different tv to view?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Were you recording anything at the time, that could affect the number of live streams available to view.  Even if the TV is off, if the Uverse units still have the power ring lit, they are drawing from one of the 4 streams. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

With U-verse you have a limit of four incoming channel streams.  Those are shared between recording and watching live TV.  In addition, you may have a lower limit of HD streams, depending on your connection profile.

If all of your streams are in use when you try to tune a channel, you will get the message you describe.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@signlady wrote:

so I just got uverse, what is up with turning on another tv and getting a message saying you have to turn off a different tv to view?

@signlady  Chris and Jeff gave very good answers.  Also ensure that the U-Verse boxes in other rooms are off.  i.e. some of us have our U-Verse boxes in cabinets and such, so it is possible that the TV itself is off but the box is on (green power light still is on), as possibly the remote signal did not reach the box.  If it is on, it is taking one of your streams.  Trutfully, the installer should have given you a primer on stream usage.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.