Need help with your equipment?
w_h's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 1:57 PM

Upgraded to U-verse Max and only get 2.0 Mbps download if im lucky.

Yesterday I switched from Elite dsl to U-verse max (12 Mbps).  Ran a speed test and only hit a max of 2 mbps if im lucky, and average around 1.6 with my wired pc.  Uploading only .25 mbps and doesnt really change.  Ran a ping test and had 0% packet lose, 0 ms jitter and a ping of 26 which is great.  I only have the U-verse internet.  Nothing else is connected or running.

Im using the Motorola NVG510 At&t sent.  Not sure what is going on here.  Ive searched high and low for any info, but most people with slow u-verse max were still getting a much faster download speed than just 2 mbps.  Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Wow, changed my filter configuration and am now downloading around 10 mbps, and getting almost 1 up.

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

12 years ago

Well, there's always the reboot the modem and see if that fixes it approach.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest a call to Tech Support as even though the download speeds are 'maximum's' and not guaranteed, and speeds may well vary from test to test - a little, you're getting no where near the speed I think you should be getting.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

There is a diagnostic page on the NVG that will show your line rate both up and down.  Since I don't have that modem, I'm not real familiar with how to get to it.  Start at http://192.168.1.254 and wander around until you find it.

Anyway, that information will tell you whether your speed issue is due to your line conditions or something else entirely.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Broadband Status

Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)1787
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)288

Downstream and Upstream Statistics
 DownstreamUpstream
SN Margin (dB)6.09.2
Line Attenuation (dB)71.044.2
Output Power(dBm)18.510.8
Errored Seconds1627139
Loss of Signal00
Loss of Frame00
FEC Errors00
CRC Errors4465160

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I'm afraid your connection won't be very consistent. Your Noise Margin and Line Attenuation are not adequate enough for 12 Mbps. If you get intermittent connection... Contact support as you might have a bridge tap or something wrong with your line.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

Cool. Glad you found the problem with the way the filters were installed. If you have a chance, post the stats the way they are now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What exactly was the "change" to your filters that you performed?  I just upgraded to Max, and things actually feel slower, though I haven't done any speed tests.  Thanks

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Same problem.....what "filter" change(s) did you make???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.