For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
redelk77's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 1:05 AM

Unable to port AT&T Landline to U-verse and charging more a month.

My mother has had the same SW Bell/AT&T phone number for 46 years. 3 years ago, she moved to an area of town with a different prefix, AT&T allowed her to keep her number. My home is 1.3 miles from her previous home and I have the same prefix as hers (for 32 years). On 4/14, I switched my phone to U-verse and was able to keep my number.

My mother recently moved in with me and wanted to keep her number. I didn't think it'd be a problem since we have the same prefix. After an hour being bounced around to different agents, I'm told that AT&T can't change my number to hers, even though the same VRAD serves her previous address. When I asked if I cancelled my U-verse phone service and went back to a traditional land line, she said that could not be done either. I asked why and she said because she was moving to a different area. I reminded her that she was moving back to the area where our prefix originated. She then said she would try entering it in "manually". SURPRISE! It went through.

In 3 days, the number should be changed, yet no technician will come to confirm it works. I'll be downgraded from U-verse phone to a basic landline with no long distance and my bill will go up $11 per month (before taxes & fees). For "my troubles", she knocked $5 a month off my U-verse internet bill. Is this how 78 years of combined loyalty is rewarded? Looks like its time to consider another provider for internet and VoIP.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @redelk77,

I am sorry about the issues you are having trying to bring your landline over, but we will be glad to help. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.