Need help with your equipment?
yoyo23's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Monday, January 21st, 2013 3:17 PM

Unable to access Yahoo Messenger after changing to Uverse

Over the weekend I wnet from ATT DSL to ATT DSL Uverse using NVG510 router passthru mode. I am using Netgear WNDR4000 router and am now I am unable to logon to Yahoo messenger. Do I need to enable something else for this to work? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

It turns out that I was logging in with an invalid userid. With att dsl I was able to logon as my_username however now I have to logon as my_sbc_email_address. It never indicated that my userid/password was incorrect which is why I was confused. Thanks for your help!

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

What do you mean that you are unable to log into Yahoo Messenger? If anything, I would have to say that it is a issue with your setup, if it worked before with the NVG510, now does not work with the WNDR4000.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

I actually never tried with the NVG510 so it has never worked. The message is "We can't sign you in to Yahoo Messenger". In the Firewall / Nat/Gaming section of the NVG510 I added Yahoo Messenger Chat" but still cannot logon. Could the problem be using 'passthru' mode?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

I also turned passthru off and connected directly to NVG510 and have the same problem. I added Yahoo Messenger Chat to the Hosted applications list for the device as well.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You do not have to add anything to the firewall settings for messenger to work. Look at the following http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755#M182 it explains how to setup a router behind a router.

I do suggest trying first with the NVG510 and see what happens. Only things I can think of, is issue with Yahoo's servers, third party firewall or Intenet security software on the computer blocking.

When you do the test connection, or anytime you connect new equipment, always power down everything, then power back up after setting up or connecting.

You can also try Trillian or Miranda http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?id=33 to see if either one will allow you to log into Yahoo messenger. Miranda is the latest, and lightest.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.