For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
waveman's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Friday, October 10th, 2014 11:23 AM

Unable to access U-verse voice features

We had U-verse voice installed yesterday (we already had UV Internet and TV). Incoming and outgoing calling works well, but I can't access any of the phone features online. When I try to do that, I see an alert "This User does not have access to Voice Services." According to tech support, this is a known issue. Anyone else seeing this? As well, the support rep. said that he'd activate the services I want, including call blocking, on his end. But when I dial *60 to access it, I get "Activation failed as there are no entries in selected service list."

Suggestions welcome.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

10 years ago

@waveman wrote:

We had U-verse voice installed yesterday (we already had UV Internet and TV). Incoming and outgoing calling works well, but I can't access any of the phone features online. When I try to do that, I see an alert "This User does not have access to Voice Services." According to tech support, this is a known issue. Anyone else seeing this? As well, the support rep. said that he'd activate the services I want, including call blocking, on his end. But when I dial *60 to access it, I get "Activation failed as there are no entries in selected service list."

Suggestions welcome.

This is a known issue, follow the registration at http://att.net/uverse and make sure you accept the e911 Terms of Service within it and then once registration is complete you should be all set.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

870 Messages

8 years ago

Customize your U-verse Voice calling features and star codes to work for you.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

Give it 24-48 hours and try to access the web page again. 

My caller ID didn't start working for a day or two when I first got Uvoice.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

10 years ago

I had that trouble also and while online doing the troubleshooting with a tech support person yesterday we fixed it almost by accident.  Here's how we fixed it.

I went to www.att.net/uverse. On the first page there, you have to enter your 9 digit uverse account # and the 4 digit passcode you have associated with that account. (I forgot mine and the tech had to reset it).

On the next page choose to register as a new account. Assuming that you have available AT&T email accounts, make up a new email address. You will have to go through the process of setting up a new account with the new email address, password, and security questions. After you get through with this entire process and you get the congrats that you're ready to access your account, try the features.

BTW, this won't disable your old email address, it will still be active.

You will probably still get an error with the new account, I did.

What I did next was go back to www.att.net/uverse and on the first page, enter the uverse account # and passcode again. On the next page though, choose existing account and enter your original email address and password, NOT THE NEW ONE YOU CREATED.

You'll get the congrats and it will tell you you're ready to start using Uverse. Now go to the Uverse Voice and try viewing the features. Hopefully it will now work with your original login.

Apparently reregistering the original login fixed the problem

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your replies. I spoke to another CSR on Friday and he pointed me in the right direction, so I'm good to go.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I was getting this exact same error and could not access my voicemail settings. I set up my voicemail  box upon having voice service set up by a tech visit, but access to the voice settings would not show, although I could check voicemail via the phone or Windows 7 desktop gadget app. Finall found this thread after waiting 2 weeks to see if it would correct itself following the first bill.  That was not it so I applied the fix described here and it fixed my account.

I just checked off the e911 agreement and clicked next, then selected my existing u-verse email address login. It tried to get me to select a new password, but I did not have to complete that so really it was just the e911 requirement that corrected the access bug.

I'm guessing this may happen with accounts that register for U-verse internet and voice services on seperate dates. 

Whatever it is, it is 6 months later and AT&T hasn't fixed the bug so it must be complicated or perhaps a common missed step during the voice account set up visit. 

I hope this is the final issue I have following a somewhat rocky transition experience from DSL to U-verse, however, having used the service for a month now, it seems just as reliable and doubled my speed with potential for more so I am happy with the service.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

For anyone receiving the message, "System Alert.  This User does not have access to Voice Services:" Try using a different browser.  I couldn't access my U-Verse phone features using Chrome.  After I registered the account at http://att.net/uverse , I tried using Chrome to no avail.  However, the features worked fine in Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I get on the att website very often to check and see all usage for both phones on my plan. Today I have been trying to access those and it won't load nor let me see anything. Before I was able to see numbers called and received, as well as data usage. This is a problem for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.