lamarth's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 20th, 2013 12:52 AM

U-verse TV receiver RF output question

Hi-

Currently I have my TV connected to my U-verse receiver (Motorola model) through the RF output coax, and the TV receives the output signal on channel 3.    Is it possible to reprogram the receiver to have the RF output 'broadcast' on channel 4 instead of channel 3?

Thanks!
David

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Unluckily it can not be changed to channel 4, but if you have a composite input (red, yellow & white), you can use those (PQ will slightly be better) and get them cheap here:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10241

God luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

lamarth -
The first suggestion above should be your first choice, as long as your TV has composite input. If it only has RF input, you can connect the composite output of U-verse to one of these devices & select ch 4 for your TV -http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-Corporation-CRF907R-Compact-Modulator/dp/B0014KKV7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369014264&sr=8-1&keywords=composite+to+RF

You can do the same thing with a VCR U-verse - composite - VCR - Ch4 - TV.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

The composite was my next step- I thought that there MIGHT be a way for the receiver to switch channels like on other STBs.    Being able to switch channels would've saved me from doing some rewiring, but I guess I'm not going to be able to go that route.

Thanks for the replies!

David

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@lamarth wrote:

The composite was my next step- I thought that there MIGHT be a way for the receiver to switch channels like on other STBs.    Being able to switch channels would've saved me from doing some rewiring, but I guess I'm not going to be able to go that route.

Thanks for the replies!

David

Mind if I ask why you are re-wiring? If you just got a new HDTV you should consider connecting the U-Verse box via component or HDMI instead of composite or Coax.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.