Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 24, 2010
7:29:01 PM
View profile
The music is too loud

I'm not sure where this question belongs, but I always get help so I'm putting it here.

More and more lately, the background music on my tv shows is getting very loud.  Sometimes I can hardly hear what the actors are saying.  I did a search on the web and see many people are complaining and some have been given advice on adjusting the tv.  I'm using an old tv ion the bedroom so I wonder if there is a setting in the DVR to bring the backgound noise down.

I love music, but would be happy if there wasn't any when I'm watching TV. 

I'm not sure where this question belongs, but I always get help so I'm putting it here.

More and more lately, the background music on my tv shows is getting very loud.  Sometimes I can hardly hear what the actors are saying.  I did a search on the web and see many people are complaining and some have been given advice on adjusting the tv.  I'm using an old tv ion the bedroom so I wonder if there is a setting in the DVR to bring the backgound noise down.

Accepted Solution

The music is too loud

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 25, 2010 6:30:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Linda661 wrote:

Linda;

This sounds like either a setting on your TV OR something is going awry in the TV itself.  I have a 10 year old Mitsubishi projection TV that has some kind of automatic noise level setting.  I never could get the setting just right and finally gave up and used an AV receiver for the sound.  Using the TV speakers, the background music, dramatic music and special effects were so (unnaturally) loud that you would jump when you heard it.

Is it a stereo TV?  If so, check "balance" controls or any other controls relating to sound or volume.

The TV could also be having some problems.  Radio's frequently have jumpy volumes if they are having trouble.

Linda661 wrote:

Linda;

This sounds like either a setting on your TV OR something is going awry in the TV itself.  I have a 10 year old Mitsubishi projection TV that has some kind of automatic noise level setting.  I never could get the setting just right and finally gave up and used an AV receiver for the sound.  Using the TV speakers, the background music, dramatic music and special effects were so (unnaturally) loud that you would jump when you heard it.

Is it a stereo TV?  If so, check "balance" controls or any other controls relating to sound or volume.

The TV could also be having some problems.  Radio's frequently have jumpy volumes if they are having trouble.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The music is too loud

2 of 12 (4,589 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 6:32:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No adjustments on the DVR or STB except "stereo" or "surround sound".  I have adjustments on my Sony XBR that I used to bring the voice volume up but not sure if you have these type adjustments.  Check your TV in the menu>audio.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

No adjustments on the DVR or STB except "stereo" or "surround sound".  I have adjustments on my Sony XBR that I used to bring the voice volume up but not sure if you have these type adjustments.  Check your TV in the menu>audio.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (4,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 7:43:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

My TVs background sounds were too loud until I went into the TVs Menu, Audio and turned off "Surround Sound".  I don't have external speakers so the surround sound just coming out of the TVs speakers amplified the background too much.

My TVs background sounds were too loud until I went into the TVs Menu, Audio and turned off "Surround Sound".  I don't have external speakers so the surround sound just coming out of the TVs speakers amplified the background too much.

4 of 12 (4,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 25, 2010 8:07:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

mmullins_98 wrote:

That is what I was going to suggest.  If the tv has surround sound mode, make sure it is turned off. 

mmullins_98 wrote:

That is what I was going to suggest.  If the tv has surround sound mode, make sure it is turned off. 

5 of 12 (4,553 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 9:02:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

My TV does not have any audio outs,  so I've been running the audio from the stb to a small amp with external speakers because the stb audio has always been too low.  I'll tyy to find the remote for the tv and see if there are any internal options for the audio.

thanks all

My TV does not have any audio outs,  so I've been running the audio from the stb to a small amp with external speakers because the stb audio has always been too low.  I'll tyy to find the remote for the tv and see if there are any internal options for the audio.

thanks all

6 of 12 (4,514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 9:48:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Linda661 wrote:

thanks all

If that is the case your tv's audio settings wouldn't affect what you hear.  Check and see if your amp has a surround switch or setting.  What input are you running the audio from the stb to the amp to?

Linda661 wrote:

thanks all

If that is the case your tv's audio settings wouldn't affect what you hear.  Check and see if your amp has a surround switch or setting.  What input are you running the audio from the stb to the amp to?

7 of 12 (4,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 10:39:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

Audio out from the stb box to Tuner in on the amp.  I only have a choice of tuner, tape or phono.

Audio out from the stb box to Tuner in on the amp.  I only have a choice of tuner, tape or phono.

8 of 12 (4,467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 10:44:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Make sure you select stereo instead of surround sound in your STB.

Make sure you select stereo instead of surround sound in your STB.

9 of 12 (4,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 4:16:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Linda661 wrote:

The problem is not with your amp.  Check the setting on the stb as suggested.

Linda661 wrote:

The problem is not with your amp.  Check the setting on the stb as suggested.

10 of 12 (4,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 8:55:21 AM
(0)
Guru

At least the rent is not too D A NM high!! LMAO @ this guy!!!

At least the rent is not too D A NM high!! LMAO @ this guy!!!

11 of 12 (3,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 9:28:03 AM
(0)
Guru

You beat me to it.

You beat me to it.

12 of 12 (3,445 Views)