For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
don731's profile

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

Sunday, November 2nd, 2014 1:54 AM

Strange Voicemail situation

We have been customers of Uverse for over three years, and have had very few technical problems, but a peculiar one happened this week.

About a week ago, we stopped receiving voicemails completely.  We usually have 3-5 VM every day.  When we called our Uverse landline number from a cell, we got a pre-recorded greeting, instead of our personal greeting, and left a VM.  These VMs never appeared on our VM system (*98, iphone apps, etc.).  We went online with Uverse chat, and spent about 1.5 hours trying to troubleshoot the problem.  We had not messed with our VM settings in years.  Eventually, the chat person discovered that by setting the line forwarding to VM with 3 rings or less fixed the problem (our default had always been 4 rings).  So by setting the cutover to 3 rings, we now near our personal greeting, and VMs left on the system are available.  VMs left during the last week or so are not retrievable.  

Has anyone experienced this same problem?  Found another fix?  If we change the number of rings to anything greater than 3, the problem returns. Any advice at all is welcome!

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

9 years ago

I will check that out.  The main telephone base station has one, but it is definitely turned off.  I will check other base stations in the house.

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

9 years ago

I checked the other two handsets that also have VM systems built in, and you were right!  One of them had the function turned on (perhaps it got knocked off the table or something) and there were the missing VMs!

Thanks for your help.  Sorry the Uverse chat folks didn't have that answer in their book.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.