Ask a question

Posted May 9, 2011
    9:06:56 AM
    View profile
    Stereo or surround sound

What do you use? My TV has two speakers and I don't notice any difference between the two choices.

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    May 9, 2011 10:01:01 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Edited by americangame on May 9, 2011 at 10:01:29 AM

rdlouhy wrote:

What do you use? My TV has two speakers and I don't notice any difference between the two choices.

And you shouldn't notice a difference.  The Surroundsound option is there for people who have a 5.1 (or greater) surround sound system hooked up to their television.

Oh and I use surround on the living room and stereo on the other TVs.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
    PSN: americangame
    Steam:americangame
    When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

Stereo or surround sound

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    May 9, 2011 10:01:01 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Edited by americangame on May 9, 2011 at 10:01:29 AM

rdlouhy wrote:

And you shouldn't notice a difference.  The Surroundsound option is there for people who have a 5.1 (or greater) surround sound system hooked up to their television.

Oh and I use surround on the living room and stereo on the other TVs.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
    PSN: americangame
    Steam:americangame
    When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Stereo or surround sound

[ Edited ]
    2 of 4 (1,027 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 9, 2011 11:18:10 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

One of my Sony Bravia HD TV's that only has two speakers won't even play any audio if the STB is set to Surround Sound.  I get a message on the TV screen that "the audio format is not supported on this TV".Smiley Surprised

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

3 of 4 (1,011 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 9, 2011 11:24:49 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

When I turn on my Sony bluray system it cuts out the bravia tv's speakers. So does it make a difference?

4 of 4 (1,006 Views)