Need help with your equipment?
A72CUTLAS's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 1:06 AM

Speed has drasticly fallen...

I have had U-Verse Max+ since about 6 months ago and was getting 11Mb down and 1Mb up consistently. I logged on 4 days ago and found the downloads to very slow.  Speedtest.net is showing only 5Mb down and .5 up. My pc is connected to the router through a powerline as the gateway is downstairs, though I don'r see that being the problem since that is how the tech's installed it.  I'd appreciate any help offered.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

To get 18 Mbps HSIA, your current 19/2 profile would need to be upgraded to 25/3.  Your line is currently syncing at 44 Mbps, so I don't see any technical problem with that.  Just so you know, the upstream bandwidth will still be 1.5 Mbps.  44 Mbps should be good enough for the 32/5 profile and 24/3 HSIA.

They may not be willing to upgrade your profile without a tech visit, so if you have to have a tech visit for your speed problem, be sure to ask him if he'll okay you to get the 25/3 profile so you can upgrade HSIA.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

It could be that some issue has arisen in your home's eletrical system that is causing the powerline adapters to not be able to pass signal properly.  Or there could be a problem with the powerline adapters themselves.  Do you have anyway to test the speed with a direct connection to the RG?

Examples of things that could cause noise issues on your power lines that could interfere with your powerline adapters, or with the RG itself: Large appliances, transformers, CFL, normal flourescent lights, excersize equipment, HVAC, etc.

You might be interested in this post:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Tracking-Down-Line-Interference/m-p/2654177

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I cannot connect directly to the RG as my pc is on a different floor. I checked my service retrains like the thread suggested and there where 3 retrains from dec'12 and one at the start of January, so there are no bugs there. I'm gonna have to borrow a laptop to connect directly to the RG, maybe the powerlines are failing.

Thanks alot

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Three retrains from December 2012?  Your RG has been up for over a year without any significant line issue?  Wow.

You might just want to reboot it, just to see if that makes a difference.  You could also unplug each powerline adapter and let them reset.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

My bad I meant Dec '13Smiley Surprised and yeah I tried rebooting the RG but that didn't help at all. I will try unplugging the adapters. I don't remember if they were swapped out when I came back to UV, I was with cable for a few years.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I am still getting horrible speed and nothing is being done. ATT sent a tech out on 02/05 and he said that it was a problem with their system and that it should correct itself within a day or two. Well it's been 8 counting the weekend and I'm still getting shyte. I'm paying for the Max package which is 12Mbs down and 2Mbs up. This is what I'm getting on Speedtest.net: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3304616365

Are there any ATT Techs monitoring this site that can help me out?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I can help you out in one way.  12 Mbps down is paired with 1.5 Mbps up, not 2.0 Mbps.

Do you have the ability to run UVrealtime?  If so, please download UV Realtime, install it, run it and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots in the forum, reply to this post and use the Insert/Edit Image button (it looks like a tree) in the post editor. One of us will look at your information and let you know what we think.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

OK I dl'd and ran UVrealtime but it will not connect to my gateway. I tried the auto connect and the manual like it says in the help thread and it tries but it won't connect. Is there something else I can do to show you my connections?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

If your Residential Gateway is not a 3600, 3800 or 3801, then UV Realtime will not work completely.  I think it tries to work with a 5031, but it's not completely successful there, either.  If you have one of those and it's not connecting, it could be that you have multiple adaptors on your PC and the program has selected the wrong one by default, or that you have a software firewall on your PC that is blocking the application.

You can still take a browser to 192.168.1.254 and look around for your signal rate and errors page and paste it here.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

My gw is a 3801 and as far as I know I only have one network adapter, the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. And the Windows Firewall is the only fw thats active. This is the Broadband Status page on my gateway.

Internet Details
Broadband Link Type     Built in modem - VDSL
Connection Type     Direct IP (DHCP or Static)

DSL Details
Modem Type     Built in modem - VDSL
Connection Type    

DSL Line     RJ-11
    Down     Up
User Rate     19254 kbs     2036 kbs
Max User Rate     43774 kbs     Not Available
Noise Margin     17.6 dB     Not Available
Attenuation     24.0 dB     Not Available
Output Power     13.8 dBm     7.3 dBm

Protocol     G.993.2_8d    
Channel     Interleaved    
DSLAM Vendor Information     Country {65461} Vendor {CXSY} Specific {21507 }
Rate Cap     19272 kbs    
Attenuation @ 300kHz     14.2 dB    
Uncanceled Echo     0.0 dB     Ok
VCXO Frequency Offset     0.0 ppm     Ok
Final Receive Gain     7.0 dB     Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise     0     Ok

Traffic Statistics
IP Traffic     Bytes     Packets     Errors     %
Transmit     27958180461     52931152     0     0
Receive     1224656301747     910577301     0     0

DSL Link Errors

Collected for 14Days13:40:13
    Since     Current     Current     Time Since
    Reset     24-hr int.     15-min int.     Last Event
DSL
Link Retrains     2     0     0     6Days15:19:28
DSL Training Errors     0     0     0     0:00:00
Training Timeouts     0     0     0     0:00:00
Loss of Framing Failures     6     0     0     6Days15:19:29
Loss of Signal Failures     10     0     0     6Days15:19:29
Loss of Power Failures     0     0     0     0:00:00
Loss of Margin Failures     10     0     0     6Days15:19:29
Cumb. Seconds w/Errors     11     0     0     6Days15:19:29
Cumb. Sec. w/Severe Errors     10     0     0     6Days15:19:29
Corrected Blocks     750926     3667     0     0:21:43
Uncorrectable Blocks     1991     0     0     6Days15:19:29
DSL Unavailable Seconds     101     0     0     6Days15:19:02

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.