For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
JasonT32's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:45 PM

Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

I have a Sony soundbar for the audio for my tv, is there a way to control the volume with the Uverse remote? I did get it to connect under the AUX button but it does not control the volume at all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

the code 4029 will turn on and off the sound bar but does not control volume; Is there any other code that actually works?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Since 4029 operates on/off it is the code. It is not controlling volume because the default is ALWAYS TV volume.

To change it - att/ok-955-enter & the volume will follow the mode button.

or att/ok-955-aux-enter for ALWAYS the soundbar.

Another option after the first change above

In att mode - set the STB volume to 15 as seen on the TV screeen

Set the TV to a comfortable level

Set the Sony to a comfortable level

While watching in ATT mode, you will vary the STB volume & hear the result on whichever speakers are on.

YOu can change TV or soundar by TV mode or AUX mode.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi I tried entering:  "To change it - att/ok-955-enter & the volume will follow the mode button.
or att/ok-955-aux-enter for ALWAYS the soundbar.

Now I cannot get sound from my tv speakers or the soundbar.  Can you tell me how to reverse this entry?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@txaggie1994 - That is a new one. The remote programming only varies control cases, not actual sound.

The STB, TV & sound bar all have MUTE function. When you were in att mode, you must have (accidentally) pressed the MUTE button cutting off audio to both downstream players.

To turn the STB back on, change the remote to follow the mode button, press att, press MUTE or vol up. Look for 25 on the TV screen.

From time to time the IR may be corrupted  a different function blasted from the remote mutes the STB. Also, controlling the STB is a workaround when there is no code for a soundbar.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I did this but still not controlling volume

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

What Aux code for Samsung sound bar HW-MM55?  Used all the ones listed in AT&T instructions but none work. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

SOLVED, HOW TO: The sticker on the back of my ATT (very recently acquired) tv remote helped me tremendously to program it to control my Amazon Basics 210 soundbar volume/mute.. yeayyyy! 😎

Ps. ATT you're awesome!! Five stars.

Pps. You have to be very patient as the remote tries one code after another whilst you hold down the FFWD button, it takes a while then the sound mutes when you land on the proper code!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.