JasonT32's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:45 PM

Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

I have a Sony soundbar for the audio for my tv, is there a way to control the volume with the Uverse remote? I did get it to connect under the AUX button but it does not control the volume at all.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

For those curious,remote code 4029 under the "Aux" mode, worked for my Sony Soundbar.  I gave up trying the auto find for the soundbar as it turned the TV off several times.  That code was from the Home Theater in a Box category.

I now have three devices to power on / off, from my single press of the U-Verse remote,  power switch.  It will be a hard habit to break - putting the remote down too quickly as we used to have only two devices.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Definite Kudos on the att/ok.  This worked for my Motorola DVR to Sony STR-K700 surround sound.   You would think ATT would put this in the manual.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

If you got the Sony bar that has the HDMI through (newer generation of Sony HTCT260, and all HTCT660)

, and your TV supports CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) the set up can be hooked up the following way:

1. Cable Box to Sony Bar - HDMI

2. Sony bar to TV - HDMI

Make sure the TV is set to use CEC (check the manual, as only 1 or 2 TV HDMI inputs on your TV usually support CEC), and then your TV will automatically control your SONY bar volume.  Either way, if HDMI is an option, go through the expense and hook that up, avoid analog connections.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I bought the Sony CT-660, but none of the U-verse remote codes seem to work.  I tried both manual input and the automatic search.  Do you know the code for the Sony Soundbar CT-660?

Thank you,

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

nayrmot - There are not necessarily codes for all devices.

A work around is to control the audio level of the STB. This will vary the level whether you are using TV sound or soundbar sound, but not DVD source.

Program - att/ok - 955- enter.
In att mode set the STB sound to 15.
Set TV sound to a comfortable level
Set soundbar sound to a comfortable level.

While watching in att mode the volume button will vary the level

Or, you could get another remote I believe this is the least expensive alternative - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Aviewer

I do not understand exactly how to get to "Program - att/ok - 955 - enter".  Do you press these buttons ONyour uverse remote or in uverse remote control setup???  I can turn the soundbar off/on but can not control the volume... help!

Program - att/ok - 955- enter.
In att mode set the STB sound to 15.
Set TV sound to a comfortable level
Set soundbar sound to a comfortable level.

While watching in att mode the volume button will vary the level

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jupajen - Yes, you press those buttons on the remote. The att/OK is a simultaneous press of the two buttons.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks! Got it!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm a little confused on this too.  I just had my uverse repaired and they upgraded my modem and got a new remote.  Trying to get the new remote to control the volume on my Sony receiver.  I now have the S10-S4 remote and I see no "program" button.  I've tried the remote setup steps and all I can do is turn it on/off.

Really not sure what sequence of buttons to press.  It just changes it to channel 955 when I try this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Nevermind, just figured it out, but thanks for the info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.