Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 17, 2013
9:45:40 AM
Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?
I have a Sony soundbar for the audio for my tv, is there a way to control the volume with the Uverse remote? I did get it to connect under the AUX button but it does not control the volume at all.
I have a Sony soundbar for the audio for my tv, is there a way to control the volume with the Uverse remote? I did get it to connect under the AUX button but it does not control the volume at all.
Accepted Solution

Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

34 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(34)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 17, 2013 9:55:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
JasonT32 - Yes, that is because when the TV is programmed it is ALWAYS in control of the sound. You need to change it.

att/ok - 955 - enter Will change to volume follows mode button.
att/ok-955-aux-enter will change to ALWAYS control Sony.

How about power?
att/ok-977-att-tv-aux-enter will add aux to power sequence.
Note that enter is bottom right (Not the OK button)
JasonT32 - Yes, that is because when the TV is programmed it is ALWAYS in control of the sound. You need to change it.

att/ok - 955 - enter Will change to volume follows mode button.
att/ok-955-aux-enter will change to ALWAYS control Sony.

How about power?
att/ok-977-att-tv-aux-enter will add aux to power sequence.
Note that enter is bottom right (Not the OK button)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

2 of 35 (50,027 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 10:46:02 AM
(0)
Tutor
How do I do an auto search to find TV code?
How do I do an auto search to find TV code?

3 of 35 (50,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 17, 2013 11:11:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
JasonT32 -
Here is a link with remote specific directions - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409004&cv=813&title=U-verse%20Remote%20Control%20help#...

If you do not find it post if your remote is gray or black & I will look it up.
JasonT32 -
Here is a link with remote specific directions - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409004&cv=813&title=U-verse%20Remote%20Control%20help#fbid=Nk0ApleJHYM

If you do not find it post if your remote is gray or black & I will look it up.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 35 (50,007 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 11:19:47 AM
(0)
Tutor
Got it all set. My tv code is 1345
Thanks for the info
Got it all set. My tv code is 1345
Thanks for the info

5 of 35 (50,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 11:22:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
JasonT32 - You tried codes on the list & 1345 worked
or
you searched got it programmed & were able to determine the code.
JasonT32 - You tried codes on the list & 1345 worked
or
you searched got it programmed & were able to determine the code.

6 of 35 (49,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 11:23:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
So how do I get the uverse remote to be functional in my tv menu? Of I hit TV menu it appears, but I cannot use directional buttons inside TV menu
So how do I get the uverse remote to be functional in my tv menu? Of I hit TV menu it appears, but I cannot use directional buttons inside TV menu

7 of 35 (49,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 11:24:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
I read on another post someone with a newer Samsung like mine used 1345 and it worked
I read on another post someone with a newer Samsung like mine used 1345 and it worked

8 of 35 (49,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 12:32:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
JasonT32 - RE: So how do I get the uverse remote to be functional in my tv menu? Of I hit TV menu it appears, but I cannot use directional buttons inside TV menu.

Except for volume & power, other buttons may or may not work. Often menu or tv/video buttons do not work.

All you can do with the U-verse remote is keep looking for a code that provides more robust support.

For full support you need a Logitech Harmony. Harmony also has direct functions that do not appear as buttons. For example, it has HDMI1 & HDMI2. No need to navigate the menu. Change inputs with one button press.
JasonT32 - RE: So how do I get the uverse remote to be functional in my tv menu? Of I hit TV menu it appears, but I cannot use directional buttons inside TV menu.

Except for volume & power, other buttons may or may not work. Often menu or tv/video buttons do not work.

All you can do with the U-verse remote is keep looking for a code that provides more robust support.

For full support you need a Logitech Harmony. Harmony also has direct functions that do not appear as buttons. For example, it has HDMI1 & HDMI2. No need to navigate the menu. Change inputs with one button press.

9 of 35 (49,986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 1:29:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the info
Thanks for the info

10 of 35 (49,974 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 7:06:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JasonT32 wrote:
Thanks for the info

Hey Jason - If your issue has been solved to your satisfaction, please mark the solution or solutions as "accepted solutions" that helped you, so that others will know where to turn.

Ironically, I bought both a Sony soundbar and a Samsung TV, this weekend!

JasonT32 wrote:
Thanks for the info

Hey Jason - If your issue has been solved to your satisfaction, please mark the solution or solutions as "accepted solutions" that helped you, so that others will know where to turn.

Ironically, I bought both a Sony soundbar and a Samsung TV, this weekend!

11 of 35 (49,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 8:20:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

For those curious,remote code 4029 under the "Aux" mode, worked for my Sony Soundbar.  I gave up trying the auto find for the soundbar as it turned the TV off several times.  That code was from the Home Theater in a Box category.

I now have three devices to power on / off, from my single press of the U-Verse remote,  power switch.  It will be a hard habit to break - putting the remote down too quickly as we used to have only two devices.

For those curious,remote code 4029 under the "Aux" mode, worked for my Sony Soundbar.  I gave up trying the auto find for the soundbar as it turned the TV off several times.  That code was from the Home Theater in a Box category.

I now have three devices to power on / off, from my single press of the U-Verse remote,  power switch.  It will be a hard habit to break - putting the remote down too quickly as we used to have only two devices.

12 of 35 (49,849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 4:05:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by wejones on Nov 29, 2013 at 4:07:18 PM

Definite Kudos on the att/ok.  This worked for my Motorola DVR to Sony STR-K700 surround sound.   You would think ATT would put this in the manual.

Definite Kudos on the att/ok.  This worked for my Motorola DVR to Sony STR-K700 surround sound.   You would think ATT would put this in the manual.

[ Edited ]
13 of 35 (48,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 3:47:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

If you got the Sony bar that has the HDMI through (newer generation of Sony HTCT260, and all HTCT660)

, and your TV supports CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) the set up can be hooked up the following way:

1. Cable Box to Sony Bar - HDMI

2. Sony bar to TV - HDMI

Make sure the TV is set to use CEC (check the manual, as only 1 or 2 TV HDMI inputs on your TV usually support CEC), and then your TV will automatically control your SONY bar volume.  Either way, if HDMI is an option, go through the expense and hook that up, avoid analog connections.

If you got the Sony bar that has the HDMI through (newer generation of Sony HTCT260, and all HTCT660)

, and your TV supports CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) the set up can be hooked up the following way:

1. Cable Box to Sony Bar - HDMI

2. Sony bar to TV - HDMI

Make sure the TV is set to use CEC (check the manual, as only 1 or 2 TV HDMI inputs on your TV usually support CEC), and then your TV will automatically control your SONY bar volume.  Either way, if HDMI is an option, go through the expense and hook that up, avoid analog connections.

14 of 35 (48,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2014 6:16:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I bought the Sony CT-660, but none of the U-verse remote codes seem to work.  I tried both manual input and the automatic search.  Do you know the code for the Sony Soundbar CT-660?

Thank you,

I bought the Sony CT-660, but none of the U-verse remote codes seem to work.  I tried both manual input and the automatic search.  Do you know the code for the Sony Soundbar CT-660?

Thank you,

15 of 35 (45,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2014 6:31:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
nayrmot - There are not necessarily codes for all devices.

A work around is to control the audio level of the STB. This will vary the level whether you are using TV sound or soundbar sound, but not DVD source.

Program - att/ok - 955- enter.
In att mode set the STB sound to 15.
Set TV sound to a comfortable level
Set soundbar sound to a comfortable level.

While watching in att mode the volume button will vary the level

Or, you could get another remote I believe this is the least expensive alternative - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR
nayrmot - There are not necessarily codes for all devices.

A work around is to control the audio level of the STB. This will vary the level whether you are using TV sound or soundbar sound, but not DVD source.

Or, you could get another remote I believe this is the least expensive alternative - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

16 of 35 (45,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2014 4:25:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Aviewer

I do not understand exactly how to get to "Program - att/ok - 955 - enter".  Do you press these buttons ONyour uverse remote or in uverse remote control setup???  I can turn the soundbar off/on but can not control the volume... help!

Aviewer

I do not understand exactly how to get to "Program - att/ok - 955 - enter".  Do you press these buttons ONyour uverse remote or in uverse remote control setup???  I can turn the soundbar off/on but can not control the volume... help!

17 of 35 (44,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2014 5:13:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jupajen - Yes, you press those buttons on the remote. The att/OK is a simultaneous press of the two buttons.

jupajen - Yes, you press those buttons on the remote. The att/OK is a simultaneous press of the two buttons.

18 of 35 (44,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 11:42:54 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks! Got it!

Thanks! Got it!

19 of 35 (44,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2014 3:11:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm a little confused on this too.  I just had my uverse repaired and they upgraded my modem and got a new remote.  Trying to get the new remote to control the volume on my Sony receiver.  I now have the S10-S4 remote and I see no "program" button.  I've tried the remote setup steps and all I can do is turn it on/off.

Really not sure what sequence of buttons to press.  It just changes it to channel 955 when I try this.

I'm a little confused on this too.  I just had my uverse repaired and they upgraded my modem and got a new remote.  Trying to get the new remote to control the volume on my Sony receiver.  I now have the S10-S4 remote and I see no "program" button.  I've tried the remote setup steps and all I can do is turn it on/off.

Really not sure what sequence of buttons to press.  It just changes it to channel 955 when I try this.

20 of 35 (41,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2014 3:16:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Nevermind, just figured it out, but thanks for the info.

Nevermind, just figured it out, but thanks for the info.

21 of 35 (41,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2014 6:53:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hello,

I just purchased a Sony CT770 Soundbar and I am trying to pair it with the AUX button so I can control the volume with my Uverse remote. I know how to set up the remote to control devices. I have tried to do the Search/Scan method but after at least 50 attempts, no connection was made. I then tried manually entering all of the device codes for "Home Theaters in a Box" and "Receivers" but again no connection was made. (As a side note, the AUX button would begin flashing several times after punching in the second digit.)

Is it possible the remote will not be able to control the soundbar volume or is there something I am missing here?

I am familiar with the ATT/OK-955 protocol, but don't I have to have the AUX-Soundbar paired first?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Hello,

I just purchased a Sony CT770 Soundbar and I am trying to pair it with the AUX button so I can control the volume with my Uverse remote. I know how to set up the remote to control devices. I have tried to do the Search/Scan method but after at least 50 attempts, no connection was made. I then tried manually entering all of the device codes for "Home Theaters in a Box" and "Receivers" but again no connection was made. (As a side note, the AUX button would begin flashing several times after punching in the second digit.)

Is it possible the remote will not be able to control the soundbar volume or is there something I am missing here?

I am familiar with the ATT/OK-955 protocol, but don't I have to have the AUX-Soundbar paired first?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

22 of 35 (37,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2014 8:25:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes & no to having to pair the sb first.

Yes, it is required for full support. Unfortunately, not all sbs are supported.

The no side is a work around. Using the 955 as you typed it has the vol control follow the mode button. Since you watch in att mode, you will control the STB volume. In TV mode you can control the TV volume. You cannot use the u-verse remote to control the sb because there is no paring code.

Set the STB vol to 15. Set the TV vol to a comfortable level. Set the sb vol to a comfortable level.

While watching in att mode, you will be raising and lowering the volume via the STB. You hear it from the TV or SB, whichever is active.

You cannot power toggle the sb with the u-verse remote.

I believe I saw a post where some sbs can be controlled by TV codes. But, you cannot program the aux button with TV codes. You can try all sony TV codes on the TV button to see if one works. If it does you can change the aux button to a tv button & apply that code.

Or, you can get a more robust remote. Logitech Harmony or - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Another alternative is to return the Sony and get a Zvox or klipsch sound bar that can be programmed to TV codes, which guarrantees you can make it work with u-verse remote.

Love my Zvox.

Yes & no to having to pair the sb first.

Yes, it is required for full support. Unfortunately, not all sbs are supported.

The no side is a work around. Using the 955 as you typed it has the vol control follow the mode button. Since you watch in att mode, you will control the STB volume. In TV mode you can control the TV volume. You cannot use the u-verse remote to control the sb because there is no paring code.

Set the STB vol to 15. Set the TV vol to a comfortable level. Set the sb vol to a comfortable level.

While watching in att mode, you will be raising and lowering the volume via the STB. You hear it from the TV or SB, whichever is active.

You cannot power toggle the sb with the u-verse remote.

I believe I saw a post where some sbs can be controlled by TV codes. But, you cannot program the aux button with TV codes. You can try all sony TV codes on the TV button to see if one works. If it does you can change the aux button to a tv button & apply that code.

Or, you can get a more robust remote. Logitech Harmony or - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Another alternative is to return the Sony and get a Zvox or klipsch sound bar that can be programmed to TV codes, which guarrantees you can make it work with u-verse remote.

Love my Zvox.

23 of 35 (37,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 8:51:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

I was able to program in the 955 protocol, but there seems to be no significant change in volume (from level 1-25) when I see the STB volume indicator change on the screen. I initially set the STB volume at 15. I did not set my TV volume at 15 b/c I don't want any sound coming out of my TV (it is set at 0). I want all the sound coming from my SB. When I use the ATT mode to change the STB volume, the volume doesn't change significantly on my SB.

I was able to program in the 955 protocol, but there seems to be no significant change in volume (from level 1-25) when I see the STB volume indicator change on the screen. I initially set the STB volume at 15. I did not set my TV volume at 15 b/c I don't want any sound coming out of my TV (it is set at 0). I want all the sound coming from my SB. When I use the ATT mode to change the STB volume, the volume doesn't change significantly on my SB.

24 of 35 (36,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 10:03:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

@RyanD68-

That is a shame. You can try a variety of settings and connections.

Is the stb audio connected directly to the SB? If not try it. If yes try a different connection(HDMI, Optical, RCA jacks).  Also, try the STB set lower(10)  & higher (20) Or even 25 as the ceiling for the base level.

Or, is the SB connected to the TV audio out? If not, try it. If yes (or no) you have to check the TV sound. Do you have a speakers off setting that is what you should use to block the TV sound.

Is there a setting that says TV volume controls the TV audio out or does not control audio out. If TV volume controls audio out - crank it up (with  TV speakers shut off).

You can see it is complicated depending on your equipment. If you cannot get it to work, you will need to get a more robust remote. Someone posted that att may be coming out with one.

@RyanD68-

That is a shame. You can try a variety of settings and connections.

Is the stb audio connected directly to the SB? If not try it. If yes try a different connection(HDMI, Optical, RCA jacks).  Also, try the STB set lower(10)  & higher (20) Or even 25 as the ceiling for the base level.

Or, is the SB connected to the TV audio out? If not, try it. If yes (or no) you have to check the TV sound. Do you have a speakers off setting that is what you should use to block the TV sound.

Is there a setting that says TV volume controls the TV audio out or does not control audio out. If TV volume controls audio out - crank it up (with  TV speakers shut off).

You can see it is complicated depending on your equipment. If you cannot get it to work, you will need to get a more robust remote. Someone posted that att may be coming out with one.

25 of 35 (36,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 11:30:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am not sure what you mean by "STB audio"? Is this from the Uverse box? When I am trying to change volume with my Uverse remote, the volume indicator on my TV shows up and goes up and down, but actual volume d/n change SEE PHOTO BELOW (this is a different volume indicator than my TV volume indicator...see photo below.)

My current connections are HDMI from Uverse box to TV, optical from TV to SB (tried optical from Uverse box to SB does not work...no sound.) Instead of the optical cable, I tried connecting HDMI from TV to SB but that didn't work...no sound. As a side note, there is only 1 HDMI on the back of the Uverse box that is going to my TV. There are 2 HDMI on my TV and 4 on my SB (3 in, 1 out). There are Optical on all 3, and RCA jacks on box and TV, but none on SB.

I checked my audio settings on my TV and nothing changed by turning speakers off. 

I am not sure what you mean by "STB audio"? Is this from the Uverse box? When I am trying to change volume with my Uverse remote, the volume indicator on my TV shows up and goes up and down, but actual volume d/n change SEE PHOTO BELOW (this is a different volume indicator than my TV volume indicator...see photo below.)

My current connections are HDMI from Uverse box to TV, optical from TV to SB (tried optical from Uverse box to SB does not work...no sound.) Instead of the optical cable, I tried connecting HDMI from TV to SB but that didn't work...no sound. As a side note, there is only 1 HDMI on the back of the Uverse box that is going to my TV. There are 2 HDMI on my TV and 4 on my SB (3 in, 1 out). There are Optical on all 3, and RCA jacks on box and TV, but none on SB.

I checked my audio settings on my TV and nothing changed by turning speakers off. 

26 of 35 (36,910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 12:08:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

By STB audio, I mean the red/white jacks, optical or hdmi. on the u-verse STB.

The red/white jacks are anlog & the STB option must be set to stereo.

The optical & HDMI connections are digital & can be surround sound. But, I believe it is PCM & the connecting device must be able to decode it. try stereo first.

The screen picture does show the STB vol indicator. If it goes up/dowwn, you should hear the difference. You must not be connected. Try it while connected to the TV to see the indicator & hear the equivalent sound.

Looks like the RCA jacks & HDMI is out. (can't use) Try the optical STB to SB again.Make sure it is well seated. Try stereo setting.

The TV -SB optical may only work for over the air & not pass through from another input.

The turning TV speakers off is so that the other ways do not impact the output connection. But, you have to know what happens with those settings. With speakers off turn TV volume up down does it affect SB? Can you set it so that it is fixed (set to one level)?

Post your TV model & I will look it up.

By STB audio, I mean the red/white jacks, optical or hdmi. on the u-verse STB.

The red/white jacks are anlog & the STB option must be set to stereo.

The optical & HDMI connections are digital & can be surround sound. But, I believe it is PCM & the connecting device must be able to decode it. try stereo first.

The screen picture does show the STB vol indicator. If it goes up/dowwn, you should hear the difference. You must not be connected. Try it while connected to the TV to see the indicator & hear the equivalent sound.

Looks like the RCA jacks & HDMI is out. (can't use) Try the optical STB to SB again.Make sure it is well seated. Try stereo setting.

The TV -SB optical may only work for over the air & not pass through from another input.

The turning TV speakers off is so that the other ways do not impact the output connection. But, you have to know what happens with those settings. With speakers off turn TV volume up down does it affect SB? Can you set it so that it is fixed (set to one level)?

Post your TV model & I will look it up.

27 of 35 (36,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 12:38:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

I can change the STB vol indicator up and down (as shown in the screen shot) to go from 0 to 25 but no change in sound volume on the SB (it does mute at 0, though). I was able to connect optical from STB to SB and it now works for sound, but again SB d/n change volume when STB indicator on TV goes up and down.

It seems like I might need to somehow set up the Uverse remote again so the sound will change when I press the volume button so the STB vol indicator goes up and down.

According to what you said, it looks like all of my connections are digital. I could not find how to change stereo setting as you mentioned.

TV model LG 47LS4500

SB model Sony CT770

I can change the STB vol indicator up and down (as shown in the screen shot) to go from 0 to 25 but no change in sound volume on the SB (it does mute at 0, though). I was able to connect optical from STB to SB and it now works for sound, but again SB d/n change volume when STB indicator on TV goes up and down.

It seems like I might need to somehow set up the Uverse remote again so the sound will change when I press the volume button so the STB vol indicator goes up and down.

According to what you said, it looks like all of my connections are digital. I could not find how to change stereo setting as you mentioned.

TV model LG 47LS4500

SB model Sony CT770

28 of 35 (36,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 4:57:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The stereo/surround setting is found - Menu-options-audio/lang options-dikital audio output.

It does not ,ake sense to me that you can hear U-verse content sound on the SB, but it does not vary with the number increase/decreas on the screen.

I looked at the TV manual & there is not much there. It looks like the audio output is optical. Can you connect that to the SB & tune over the air to get sound, See if it varies with varying the TV volume.

Then change TV input to U-verse to see if it passed the audio through.

Then disconnect the optical from the TV & insert it in the STB to see if it works.

I tried looking at the the Sonyy manual & just ciould not get a coherent copy. It does asay it has ARC to get the audio off the output HDMI connection to the tV. I do not see that the TV has that feature. You should make sure it is off in the SB.

Since you can the STB volume on the TV & see it change, the remote is programmed correctly to change it. the problem is NOT a remote problem, It a cconnection problem or a setting on the STB(Stereo) or TV or SB.

The stereo/surround setting is found - Menu-options-audio/lang options-dikital audio output.

It does not ,ake sense to me that you can hear U-verse content sound on the SB, but it does not vary with the number increase/decreas on the screen.

I looked at the TV manual & there is not much there. It looks like the audio output is optical. Can you connect that to the SB & tune over the air to get sound, See if it varies with varying the TV volume.

Then change TV input to U-verse to see if it passed the audio through.

Then disconnect the optical from the TV & insert it in the STB to see if it works.

I tried looking at the the Sonyy manual & just ciould not get a coherent copy. It does asay it has ARC to get the audio off the output HDMI connection to the tV. I do not see that the TV has that feature. You should make sure it is off in the SB.

Since you can the STB volume on the TV & see it change, the remote is programmed correctly to change it. the problem is NOT a remote problem, It a cconnection problem or a setting on the STB(Stereo) or TV or SB.

29 of 35 (36,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2014 6:52:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

The stereo setting did it! The only final question I have is... if I have the stereo setting selected and not the surround sound, will I not get the surround effect through my soundbar? This is one of the reasons I got the SB...to get the surround effect. Thanks so much for your help!

The stereo setting did it! The only final question I have is... if I have the stereo setting selected and not the surround sound, will I not get the surround effect through my soundbar? This is one of the reasons I got the SB...to get the surround effect. Thanks so much for your help!

30 of 35 (36,820 Views)