For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
jeeves33's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 9:30 PM

Slow and spotty internet connection...

Can someone look at these images and let me know what kind of problem may be going on? The internet seems quite unreliable (drops frequently) and is slow. Thanks!

ErrorTable-2013-01-19-22-18-11.pngBitloading-2013-01-19-22-17-32.png

Stats-2013-01-19-22-18-20.png

And after resetting the Uverse modem/router...

ErrorTable-2013-01-20-15-22-47.pngBitloading-2013-01-20-15-23-42.png

5 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

It looks like there may be a bridge tap on your line. A bridge tap is an extra length of wire attached to your pair that doesn't terminate anywhere. It is usually left over from a previous customer that used your pair. Bridge taps cause problems with xDSL services.

You should call technical support, have them send a premises tech to your house to check the line. He should open a helper ticket with the Installation and Maintenance group (I&M), which are the linesmen, to come find and remove the bridge tap.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the help. Called support and their line test showed an error too, so they're sending out a technician. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I have slow and spotty internet connection......

I ran the check internet speed that I googled, not sure how acurate this is...any suggestions on a true test of my internet speed is welcome. We have DSL, we are not in an area that gets cable internet or U-verse or FIOS. My husband's desktop is hardwired into internet, my desktop is wireless. We both work from home and our internet is sooooo slow and intermitint, times out when sending emails, At&t yahoo shows no connection when clearly my computer shows connected with strong signal email takes forever to send, or attach document, watch video. Any suggestions, is there a internet signal boost or our we doomed to a dial up speed forever??? 

6, 2016 Use
Speedtest for easy, onetap
connection testing in under 30 seconds
—accurate anywhere thanks to our global network. Millions of users ...
All Apps News Shopping Videos More Search tools
check internet speed Sign in
Feedback
Mbps download
Mbps upload
Latency: 296 ms
Server: Dallas, TX
You're online but…
Your Internet download speed is slow. Web browsing
should be fine, but videos could load slowly.
LEARN MORE

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.