jt1955's profile

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 3:04 AM

Showtime HD Premium On Demand list movies

Can someone explain why Showtime HD under Premium, the list of movies shows only ONE MOVIE?. Also, under Sho HD it shows Series category.

Where DID ALL MOVIES GO?

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

13 years ago

If that's the way it should be, then why they told me that will be fixed in 24-48h?.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

OK, just got off the phone with customer retention, Here's the scoop, all ON Demand premium movies and programs are dictated by the premium channel which changes from one day to next and not by AT&T U-Verse. So the complaints need to be directed at the premium channels to provide more choices ON Demand. You can go the web sites of the premium channels to see what they have available for ON Demand and whats coming up in the future.

THIS IS NOT HOW AT&T SELLS THIER ON DEMAND PRODUCT!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@Anthony_1 wrote:

OK, just got off the phone with customer retention, Here's the scoop, all ON Demand premium movies and programs are dictated by the premium channel which changes from one day to next and not by AT&T U-Verse. So the complaints need to be directed at the premium channels to provide more choices ON Demand. You can go the web sites of the premium channels to see what they have available for ON Demand and whats coming up in the future.

THIS IS NOT HOW AT&T SELLS THIER ON DEMAND PRODUCT!

How does AT&T sale it's On Demand product?

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

I was told that if you subscribe to premium channels  U300 or U400 that all the movies being shown on your premium channels are all available anytime On Demand.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@Anthony_1 wrote:

I was told that if you subscribe to premium channels  U300 or U400 that all the movies being shown on your premium channels are all available anytime On Demand.

No.  Only those movies and other programs made available by the premium movie channel to the On Demand library will be available.  The programs in the On Demand library are completely controlled by the premium movie channel not the TV service provider.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

I understand that now, but someone at AT&T U-verse needs to explain this to Customer service, Tier 1, and Tier 2 personnel,

because no one I talked to could explain why Showtime HD On Demand only has 2 Movies.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

13 years ago

Guys,

Showtime is responsible for their OnDemand programming. Most of the time when you see two movies or some other low number, Showtime has pulled content and is in the process of replacing it with new programming. As for being able to see all movies showing on a premium channel, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN. The sheer amount of server space this would take up would be absurd. OnDemand is a feature INCLUDED with your service, not a seperately billed a la carte service. Enjoy whats on there and direct complaints to the premium channel in question.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

@Jeremy_Legend wrote:
Guys,

Showtime is responsible for their OnDemand programming. Most of the time when you see two movies or some other low number, Showtime has pulled content and is in the process of replacing it with new programming. As for being able to see all movies showing on a premium channel, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN. The sheer amount of server space this would take up would be absurd. OnDemand is a feature INCLUDED with your service, not a seperately billed a la carte service. Enjoy whats on there and direct complaints to the premium channel in question.

I certainly hope you are right.  I had not eyeballed the premium on demand programming for quite a while.  This time of year is when we resort to watching that stuff.  Anyway.  I remember Showtime On Demand did used to have a rather large selection of HD movies.  But, as of this afternoon, there are only two listings.  Caught me by surprise.  Hope Showtime gets is straightened out.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

13 years ago

should be. usually happens every thirty days. usually only takes a few days to upload more but sometimes it takes longer. i did however reach out to a contact at showtime, just to gently inquire about the length of time it has taken. update you guys when/if i hear something.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

@Jeremy_Legend wrote:
Guys,

I think it was the case in the past.  If I see anything showing on Showtime, HBO, etc. I alwys use ondemand because the picture quality is much better than the U-verse live stream.  I always found the movie in the linup.  In fact most of the Premium channel's lists are almost too big to scroll through.  They also often have the bonus footage as well.

However, it always seems other service provider have more VOD for the same channels.  Why are the content provders always shorting U-verse (if that is the case)?

Also, ever since I've been a subscriber Showtime HAS had just about the entire rotation of their movies up.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.