fanis13's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, July 25th, 2014 7:20 PM

Series Recordings Keep Changing to "0 Scheduled"

I've read that there has been an update to the Uverse software. We vaguely remember turning on the TV and seeing the blue AT&T logo and waiting a short time before our show was available. It wasn't until a couple of days later that we realized ALL of our scheduled series were messed up. We had several recording every day of the week before the update. We tried resetting the schedule to even include re-runs and saving the changes - still showed no scheduled recordings. It took me an entire evening to recreate all of our series recordings! We weren't happy, but we accepted that technology glitches happen with updates. However, a couple of days later...you guessed it - the DVR or AT&T server lost all of the scheduled recordings AGAIN! (Each one shows "0 Scheduled, 0 Recorded" - despite the fact that there are still shows upcoming.) Second time, I only recreated a select few, since many of the shows will not start back until Fall anyway. Again, I selected Any Day/Any Time & First Run + Reruns. Today, all of them have already reverted back to "0 Scheduled, 0 Recorded"!

What is going on? If AT&T/Uverse cannot maintain series recordings, my hubby will win out - he's been on the "git rid of it" bandwagon since we our "new service discount expired" (we were not even told the rate would change after 6 months when we switched from satellite). So, please someone tell me if there is a PERMANENT fix to prevent losing our scheduled series recordings!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Might try to do a 30 sec unplug/plug in reboot of the RG (modem) and DVR.  Wait until the RG comes back up and is green, then plug in the DVR and let it reboot.

See if this straightens out your Scheduled shows problem, good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am having this same issue. I keep having to reset my recordings. The ones I did do recorded for like a week or two and are now no longer recording. I tried to get on with tech support but they were not helpful. I have also have had issues with the wireless box they say does not get "disconnected". It does. I have reset the box, the modem and everything else and I am still having issues. And you are right that the price jacked up immensely. Not worth it anymore.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Abmckinney wrote:
I am having this same issue. I keep having to reset my recordings. The ones I did do recorded for like a week or two and are now no longer recording. I tried to get on with tech support but they were not helpful. I have also have had issues with the wireless box they say does not get "disconnected". It does. I have reset the box, the modem and everything else and I am still having issues. And you are right that the price jacked up immensely. Not worth it anymore.

@Abmckinney - Care to explain "price jacked up immensely" to us?  AT&T only does one price increase per year, and that was in February. AND not a huge increase, at that.   Did you have a promotion(s) that expired?  AT&T is not going to go to when that happens and ask if you want a better deal.  You have to come to them (as with any service provider).  So, I'm not following your last two sentences.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall I was referencing the price increase is not proportionate to the quality of service I am receiving. I used to pay $110 for Internet at U300. When the price jumped to $186 I reduced down to U200 and nixed the movie channels but I am still paying $165/month. My service goes out and I get the blue screen a couple times an hour and this causes my recorded programs to freeze and/or skip. But as of last week my shows are no longer scheduled to record. So do you think I am paying a fair price for this service? No one seems to be able to help and I have unplugged and plugged in countless times. So if you have a solution to my problem I would like to hear it. Thanks.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Abmckinney wrote:
@dhascall I was referencing the price increase is not proportionate to the quality of service I am receiving. I used to pay $110 for Internet atU300. When the price jumped to $186 I reduced down toU200 and nixed the movie channels but I am still paying $165/month. My service goes out and I get the blue screen a couple times an hour and this causes my recorded programs to freeze and/or skip. But as of last week my shows are no longer scheduled to record. So do you think I am paying a fair price for this service? No one seems to be able to help and I have unplugged and plugged in countless times. So if you have a solution to my problem I would like to hear it. Thanks.

Thanks @Abmckinney for clarifying.  For the issues with the poor TV service, I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  This is beyond normal Customer Service.  They usually can move mountains, part seas and clear up signal issues, lol.  It may take 24-48 hours for them to set up a call, with you.

I don't usually get into pricing comparisons here but I always push for a better deal, than advertised.  I'm paying less than you are for U300 and 18M Internet.  Other than AT&T Customer Care, you could call 1-800-288-2020 and say Cancel My Service.  As long as you don't call at an odd hour, like 2:37 AM, you will reach Retentions.  Give them a quote from a local cable provider and they will work magic.    You may have to agree to a year at that price but I will for a good deal.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@fanis13 wrote:

What is going on? If AT&T/Uverse cannot maintain series recordings, my hubby will win out - he's been on the "git rid of it" bandwagon since we our "new service discount expired" (we were not even told the rate would change after 6 months when we switched from satellite). So, please someone tell me if there is a PERMANENT fix to prevent losing our scheduled series recordings!

@fanis13 - Please see my reply to Abmickinney concerning getting a deal, after promotions have expired.  Your first paragraph, concerning the update messing up recordings, is troubling.  Are all of your series recordings saying 0 scheduled?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Abmckinney wrote:
@dhascall I was referencing the price increase is not proportionate to the quality of service I am receiving. I used to pay $110 for Internet at U300. When the price jumped to $186 I reduced down to U200 and nixed the movie channels but I am still paying $165/month. My service goes out and I get the blue screen a couple times an hour and this causes my recorded programs to freeze and/or skip. But as of last week my shows are no longer scheduled to record. So do you think I am paying a fair price for this service? No one seems to be able to help and I have unplugged and plugged in countless times. So if you have a solution to my problem I would like to hear it. Thanks.

It sounds like you had some promotions which expired. You are always welcome to call back and ask for more. I would start with the retentions department which is open Monday through Friday. I think they close at 8 PM Eastern, but I'm not sure on that.

Unfortunately, because you changed your core package, you'll be paying $8/mo for each wireless box you have.

Still, call the retentions department and see what they have.

The reason they can't offer special pricing as a "regular price" is because those special prices may be different based on your location, length of time with AT&T and whatever promotions are going on at the time. It isn't fun calling them up every few months, but the money saved is certainly worth your time.

As far as "0 shows scheduled." Are they showing up in the guide? Maybe it was a show which doesn't have any scheduled airings over the next two weeks, as that's as far as the on-screen guide goes.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks. That is helpful. I've been with AT&T phone services for 12 years and cable for 4 years so I hope they do help me out.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you dhascall. Yes, we have spoken to retention and got SOME help. The problem was that we were not initially told that this was a promotion! We thought it was the monthly rate. I am a long ago former employee and we had no such things as promotions when I worked in customer service. We had set monthly rates - anyone and everyone was charged according to the products and services they received. The current system is very arbortrary. If the retention representative likes you or is having a good day, you might get a better deal. If not, you have to pay ridiculous prices that you were not quoted when you signed up for the service! THAT IS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and I am so disappointed with my former employer! (Also, who's to prevent a company who uses this type of system from discriminating against a particular group of people? I'm not saying AT&T is doing that. I don't think they are, but that is why EVERYONE should be charged a set price and customers should be quoted the "normal/full" price when they sign up!

As for the trouble with the lost series recordings, we had unplugged and reset the system and then re-entered the series. And, YES, ALL OF THEM were lost within a few days again. So, then I joined the community and posted. Nevertheless, I did unplug/reset/re-entered recording after the suggestion here. For a few days now, the series recordings are still showing to be scheduled.

I will check back in a few days from now with an update - sooner if I lose them again!

Thanks to all.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.