For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ITATODD's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 11th, 2013 11:03 PM

Self Install instead of a tech to come out for $49......

Okay, I'm a network Engineer and you want to charge me $49 to send a tech out to install an additional receiver in my home when I can do this myself. Why do I need to pay someone to install another receiver. The first tech that ever came to my house used my existing CAT5e network for U-Verse service. Saved him a bunch of time and headaches. So, if you want me to stay with AT&T and not go back to Camcast I would suggest providing a way for Customers to do their own self installs like OTHER providers do. All I want is 1 extra simple receiver added. So, is there an AT&T on here that will read this and respond back to me on this issue?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi ITATODD,

I greatly apologize for the inconveniences, but would be glad to look into this for you. We do offer the ability to self-install additional receiver add-ons. I will be sending you a private message to gather some account information and will gladly get this issue resolved for you.

-David T

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

@ITATODD wrote:

Okay, I'm a network Engineer and you want to charge me $49 to send a tech out to install an additional receiver in my home when I can do this myself. Why do I need to pay someone to install another receiver. The first tech that ever came to my house used my existing CAT5e network for U-Verse service. Saved him a bunch of time and headaches. So, if you want me to stay with AT&T and not go back to Camcast I would suggest providing a way for Customers to do their own self installs like OTHER providers do. All I want is 1 extra simple receiver added. So, is there an AT&T on here that will read this and respond back to me on this issue?

good job David T! members appreciate the feedback!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i am having this same problem right now.....i am more than capable of installing the 2nd receiver myself and do NOT need a tech to come do it.....how do i order it without having to pay for the installation fee that isn't necessary? on my account when i go through the steps to add the receiver it shows the $8 montly fee (which i am more than ok with) but then it shows $0 for one-time fees however, when i go to complete the process it adds the $49 to the bottom without really much warning

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.