Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 11, 2013
3:03:40 PM
View profile
Self Install instead of a tech to come out for $49......

Okay, I'm a network Engineer and you want to charge me $49 to send a tech out to install an additional receiver in my home when I can do this myself. Why do I need to pay someone to install another receiver. The first tech that ever came to my house used my existing CAT5e network for U-Verse service. Saved him a bunch of time and headaches. So, if you want me to stay with AT&T and not go back to Camcast I would suggest providing a way for Customers to do their own self installs like OTHER providers do. All I want is 1 extra simple receiver added. So, is there an AT&T on here that will read this and respond back to me on this issue?

Okay, I'm a network Engineer and you want to charge me $49 to send a tech out to install an additional receiver in my home when I can do this myself. Why do I need to pay someone to install another receiver. The first tech that ever came to my house used my existing CAT5e network for U-Verse service. Saved him a bunch of time and headaches. So, if you want me to stay with AT&T and not go back to Camcast I would suggest providing a way for Customers to do their own self installs like OTHER providers do. All I want is 1 extra simple receiver added. So, is there an AT&T on here that will read this and respond back to me on this issue?

Accepted Solution

Self Install instead of a tech to come out for $49......

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 3:36:40 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi ITATODD,

I greatly apologize for the inconveniences, but would be glad to look into this for you. We do offer the ability to self-install additional receiver add-ons. I will be sending you a private message to gather some account information and will gladly get this issue resolved for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi ITATODD,

I greatly apologize for the inconveniences, but would be glad to look into this for you. We do offer the ability to self-install additional receiver add-ons. I will be sending you a private message to gather some account information and will gladly get this issue resolved for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Self Install instead of a tech to come out for $49......

2 of 5 (644 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 4:59:54 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Fox Mulder on Nov 12, 2013 at 7:18:48 AM

ITATODD wrote:

good job David T! members appreciate the feedback!

ITATODD wrote:

good job David T! members appreciate the feedback!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2014 7:48:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

i am having this same problem right now.....i am more than capable of installing the 2nd receiver myself and do NOT need a tech to come do it.....how do i order it without having to pay for the installation fee that isn't necessary? on my account when i go through the steps to add the receiver it shows the $8 montly fee (which i am more than ok with) but then it shows $0 for one-time fees however, when i go to complete the process it adds the $49 to the bottom without really much warning

i am having this same problem right now.....i am more than capable of installing the 2nd receiver myself and do NOT need a tech to come do it.....how do i order it without having to pay for the installation fee that isn't necessary? on my account when i go through the steps to add the receiver it shows the $8 montly fee (which i am more than ok with) but then it shows $0 for one-time fees however, when i go to complete the process it adds the $49 to the bottom without really much warning

4 of 5 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 2, 2014 7:58:39 PM
(0)
Employee

The $49 is for a wireless receiver (max of 2 in a system), and is not a service call tech fee.

Hardwired receivers are full tech installs only and is currently a $99 service call plus the $8 per month lease fee.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp Wireless Receiver: A one-time fee of $49, and a recurring monthly fee of $8, per wireless receiver applies. Wireless from the Wireless Access Point to the Wireless Receiver, power outlet, and separate connection of Wireless Receiver to TV are required. For residential use in a single household only. Limit two Wireless Receivers per household. Customer responsible for use of Wireless Receiver. Actual range of wireless signal will vary and may be limited by several factors including, but not limited to, electromagnetic interference, home construction material, obstructions, and other environmental factors.

The $49 is for a wireless receiver (max of 2 in a system), and is not a service call tech fee.

Hardwired receivers are full tech installs only and is currently a $99 service call plus the $8 per month lease fee.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp Wireless Receiver: A one-time fee of $49, and a recurring monthly fee of $8, per wireless receiver applies. Wireless from the Wireless Access Point to the Wireless Receiver, power outlet, and separate connection of Wireless Receiver to TV are required. For residential use in a single household only. Limit two Wireless Receivers per household. Customer responsible for use of Wireless Receiver. Actual range of wireless signal will vary and may be limited by several factors including, but not limited to, electromagnetic interference, home construction material, obstructions, and other environmental factors.

5 of 5 (400 Views)
Solution