Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 15, 2011
11:21:10 AM
View profile
Screen Saver

I have a plasma tv. Occassionaly I need to pause the program I am watching. I do not want to burn in my screen during the process. Direct TV had a screen saver that would kick in after a minute or two. Why isn't there that capability in U-verse? Perhaps AT&T should consider upgrading the software to allow this.

I have a plasma tv. Occassionaly I need to pause the program I am watching. I do not want to burn in my screen during the process. Direct TV had a screen saver that would kick in after a minute or two. Why isn't there that capability in U-verse? Perhaps AT&T should consider upgrading the software to allow this.

Accepted Solution

Screen Saver

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 11:23:53 AM
(0)
Teacher
Any suggestions as to how to get this added to the software?
Any suggestions as to how to get this added to the software?

Re: Screen Saver

2 of 10 (3,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 12:28:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
ronseg1 - I think that a short pause will not burn your screen. Been doing it for years.

If you are watching a recording, just hit the last button & you will get another channel with activity. When you hit the last button again you will return to where you left.

If it is live, I guess you would have to do a couple steps to get into a recording mode.
ronseg1 - I think that a short pause will not burn your screen. Been doing it for years.

If you are watching a recording, just hit the last button & you will get another channel with activity. When you hit the last button again you will return to where you left.

If it is live, I guess you would have to do a couple steps to get into a recording mode.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (3,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 2:11:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for your response. I agree that a short pause won't cause any problems, but what if I forget about having paused it and start and do something else. I really want AT&T to upgrade their software to allow a screen saver to start after a short period of time.

Thanks for your response. I agree that a short pause won't cause any problems, but what if I forget about having paused it and start and do something else. I really want AT&T to upgrade their software to allow a screen saver to start after a short period of time.

4 of 10 (3,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 2:27:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I agree you should ask for what you see as a deficiency. Been doing a little of that myself. We all should be doing it more.

At&t did implement a "fix" for this some time ago. Not sure if it is still in effect. If you press the stop button within less than 5 minutes it starts playing again.
I agree you should ask for what you see as a deficiency. Been doing a little of that myself. We all should be doing it more.

At&t did implement a "fix" for this some time ago. Not sure if it is still in effect. If you press the stop button within less than 5 minutes it starts playing again.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (3,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 2:45:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

That's fine, but what if it's longer than 5 minutes? The screen saver that direct tv has, goes on until you click something else.

That's fine, but what if it's longer than 5 minutes? The screen saver that direct tv has, goes on until you click something else.

6 of 10 (3,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 3:20:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

They already have a screen saver that pops up.  If you leave a program paused long enough the ATT blue screen comes on.  I have seen it several times.

They already have a screen saver that pops up.  If you leave a program paused long enough the ATT blue screen comes on.  I have seen it several times.

7 of 10 (3,410 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 15, 2011 3:54:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
ronseg1 - That is my point - if the "pause" hits five minutes a normal show keeps changing on the screen. RCSMG is indicating that it may have morphed int to the sleep mode. This would explain why when i change from HDMI1 (STB) to HDMI2 (computer) and back again (later) I find the blue screen saver.
ronseg1 - That is my point - if the "pause" hits five minutes a normal show keeps changing on the screen. RCSMG is indicating that it may have morphed int to the sleep mode. This would explain why when i change from HDMI1 (STB) to HDMI2 (computer) and back again (later) I find the blue screen saver.

8 of 10 (3,404 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 7:18:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ronseg1 wrote:

It will take several weeks of being on the same image to do any permanent damage to your tv.  Your tv may also have a screen saver.  Most people don't want the screen save to show up now a days.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

ronseg1 wrote:

It will take several weeks of being on the same image to do any permanent damage to your tv.  Your tv may also have a screen saver.  Most people don't want the screen save to show up now a days.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 10 (3,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2012 3:08:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VypZH4TbJ0 

in this youtube  video link  there is a screen saver effect but it is wierd to see so can someone please explain this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VypZH4TbJ0 

in this youtube  video link  there is a screen saver effect but it is wierd to see so can someone please explain this?

10 of 10 (3,014 Views)