Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 16, 2014
7:28:04 AM
View profile
SEC Network

It was annouced a few weeks ago that AT&T had reached an agreement with the SEC to broadcast the new SEC Network beginning in August, 2014.  Can AT&T tell us the date the service will start, it's channel assignment, and will it be a premium service or part of one of the packages such as U200 or U300?

It was annouced a few weeks ago that AT&T had reached an agreement with the SEC to broadcast the new SEC Network beginning in August, 2014.  Can AT&T tell us the date the service will start, it's channel assignment, and will it be a premium service or part of one of the packages such as U200 or U300?

Accepted Solution

SEC Network

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 10:17:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Feb 16, 2014 at 10:21:00 AM

It wasn't announced a few weeks ago.  It was announced in May of last year.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/SEC-Network-Launching-on-U-verse-in-August-2014/m-p/348...

Also, the launch date will be August 21, 2014.  By the way, is there any reason that you need to know the channel number in February?

It wasn't announced a few weeks ago.  It was announced in May of last year.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/SEC-Network-Launching-on-U-verse-in-August-2014/m-p/3481669

Also, the launch date will be August 21, 2014.  By the way, is there any reason that you need to know the channel number in February?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SEC Network

[ Edited ]
2 of 17 (4,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 7:41:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

bbrs074 wrote:

I cannot give any answers to any of your questions, but I would imagine that the SEC Network would be somewhere between Channel 607 to 690 on SD and 1607 to 1690 on HD.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

bbrs074 wrote:

I cannot give any answers to any of your questions, but I would imagine that the SEC Network would be somewhere between Channel 607 to 690 on SD and 1607 to 1690 on HD.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 17 (4,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 8:09:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I believe Longhorn Network is U-100 or U-200 in Texas and U-450 elsewhere. Same thing with PAC-12 channels. It may make sense to expect the SEC Network to be similar. Of course, BTN is U-200(?) everywhere, so go figure.
I believe Longhorn Network is U-100 or U-200 in Texas and U-450 elsewhere. Same thing with PAC-12 channels. It may make sense to expect the SEC Network to be similar. Of course, BTN is U-200(?) everywhere, so go figure.

4 of 17 (4,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 3:30:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
You bet there is a good reason to want to know the channel number in February. I recently switched from Direct TV to a Uverse U200 package. If I can't get the SEC Network in August as part of my current package then I might SWITCH BACK now. So I want to know NOW. When will it be announced if the SEC Network will be a premium channel (or not). BTW how about dropping the Longhorn Network and giving me the SEC? This should at least be a choice.
You bet there is a good reason to want to know the channel number in February. I recently switched from Direct TV to a Uverse U200 package. If I can't get the SEC Network in August as part of my current package then I might SWITCH BACK now. So I want to know NOW. When will it be announced if the SEC Network will be a premium channel (or not). BTW how about dropping the Longhorn Network and giving me the SEC? This should at least be a choice.

5 of 17 (4,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 7:36:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

bbrs074 wrote:

First, welcome to the forums. Second, take a minute and breathe. Smiley Happy

If AT&T doesn't announce it now, will DirecTV announce it the minute you switch back? Have they already announced the channel as part of whatever lineup on whatever channel slot? If it took you a day or two to switch, it'll take a similar amount of time to switch back (and probably sign a contract, wait out a weather storm, etc.) They'll launch the channel when it's ready and then we'll know what channel number and who gets it.

The SEC network will be somewhere between 1607 and 1699. It will probably be closer to the Longhorn Network and ESPN2, since it's owned by ESPN. The funny thing about dropping Longhorn Network is they might actually show some SEC events if they have the rights...so no, they can't drop it. Besides, there's a little thing called a contract. If AT&T were to drop a channel on a whim, they'd probably have to pay a large fine.

bbrs074 wrote:

First, welcome to the forums. Second, take a minute and breathe. Smiley Happy

If AT&T doesn't announce it now, will DirecTV announce it the minute you switch back? Have they already announced the channel as part of whatever lineup on whatever channel slot? If it took you a day or two to switch, it'll take a similar amount of time to switch back (and probably sign a contract, wait out a weather storm, etc.) They'll launch the channel when it's ready and then we'll know what channel number and who gets it.

The SEC network will be somewhere between 1607 and 1699. It will probably be closer to the Longhorn Network and ESPN2, since it's owned by ESPN. The funny thing about dropping Longhorn Network is they might actually show some SEC events if they have the rights...so no, they can't drop it. Besides, there's a little thing called a contract. If AT&T were to drop a channel on a whim, they'd probably have to pay a large fine.

6 of 17 (4,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 3:03:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

bbrs074 wrote:

What does the channel number have to do with what package a channel is assigned to?

bbrs074 wrote:

What does the channel number have to do with what package a channel is assigned to?

7 of 17 (4,364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 3:31:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

bbrs074 wrote:

Nothing unless the number is above 2000,

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

texasguy37 wrote:

bbrs074 wrote:

Nothing unless the number is above 2000,

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

8 of 17 (4,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 7:26:19 AM
(0)
Scholar

what channel will it on Uverse .

SEC Network Set to launch Aug 14th

9 of 17 (9,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 8:15:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

rt123 wrote:

There is an existing thread devoted to the SEC Conference.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/SEC-Network/m-p/3897651#.UxX7Ts69blw

The SEC Network would be somewhere between Channel 607 to 690 on SD and 1607 to 1690 on HD. No one on this forum knows at this time what  channel it will be on. We will know by August 14, 2014.

rt123 wrote:

There is an existing thread devoted to the SEC Conference.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/SEC-Network/m-p/3897651#.UxX7Ts69blw

The SEC Network would be somewhere between Channel 607 to 690 on SD and 1607 to 1690 on HD. No one on this forum knows at this time what  channel it will be on. We will know by August 14, 2014.

Re: SEC Network Set to launch Aug 14th

10 of 17 (9,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 8:30:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

OK thanks !

OK thanks !

11 of 17 (9,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 11:33:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

rt123 wrote:

If you look at the thread that dwinth provided - the bigger question will be what package the channel will be in.

rt123 wrote:

If you look at the thread that dwinth provided - the bigger question will be what package the channel will be in.

12 of 17 (9,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2014 11:07:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
1607 / 607
1607 / 607

1607 / 607

13 of 17 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401974&mobi...

14 of 17 (2,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 5:53:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If you go to your "message center" in the "help" menu, there should be a message in there saying that the SEC Network will be U-200 in SEC territory and U-300 elsewhere.

If you go to your "message center" in the "help" menu, there should be a message in there saying that the SEC Network will be U-200 in SEC territory and U-300 elsewhere.

15 of 17 (1,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 5:55:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If the original poster is still around, the channel will be:

U-200 inside SEC states

U-300 elsewhere

If the original poster is still around, the channel will be:

U-200 inside SEC states

U-300 elsewhere

16 of 17 (1,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 28, 2014 7:46:25 AM
(0)
Community Support

Check it out! http://uverse.com/uverse/secnetwork 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

17 of 17 (1,278 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments