For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Saturday, July 25th, 2015 2:44 AM

Revolt TV

I am curious about the latest U-Verse music offering:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/att-uverse-sean-diddy-combs-revolt-1201544970/

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

Thanks @Anonymous.  Wonder what their Classic Country genre will sound like? :p.  Charley Pride, Stoney Edwards.  LOL,

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

I am guessing that they added Revolt in case Uverse drops Black Starz and Black Encore when they cancel Starz and Encore at the end of July.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

9 years ago

This is all rather strange.  50 cent calling AT&T racist for not renewing Starz already and P. Diddy getting his network on AT&T.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

@Anonymous, even though the press release article you shared said that Revolt TV will appear on U-verse on July 27th, I see Revolt TV on my on screen U-verse guide right now and the channel is live. I don't see the, "coming soon," screen that is usually displayed on new U-verse channels. I see Revolt TV on standard definition channel 534.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

This is all rather strange.  50 cent calling AT&T racist for not renewing Starz already and P. Diddy getting his network on AT&T.

Oh, those wacky rappers.  Smiley Tongue

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

According to Wikipedia they do broadcast in HD so hopefully we'll see something on 1534 soon.

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

They just inked an 11 year deal with TV One.

They also settled with Starz over the weekend, so that will not go dark. 

FYI, Jennifer Lopez's company now owns Fuse and it will merge with Nuvo in the fall. Diddy tried to buy Fuse when it was up for sale to increase carriage of Revolt. He lost the bid to his ex. 

AT&T decided to put Revolt on 534, right next to Fuse, which is ironic.

Up next, Viacom. I hope they get a good settled contract with them. Viacom is one of the harder ones to deal with.  

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Looks like no HD for Revolt. I'm one of those "if you don't have the channel in HD you don't have the channel". Oh well it doesn't look like anything special anyway.

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

It's mostly if not all Rap and Hip Hop music videos. Most of that you can see on MTV Jams, 508. Also in Standard Definition. 

Revolt HD  is available on some Time Warner systems. Probably also on Comcast (Which owns part of it) They probably just have not figured out how to get it to U-Verse, or maybe they are charging U-Verse more to carry the HD feed. 

Guessing it'll show up on 1534 at some point once they get things figured out. A lot has been happening lately. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.