jerryp5503's profile

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 2:50 AM

Removing a set top box

I want to remove a receiver that is in a bedroom that is no longer occupied. I know that I can call customer service, but I am curious if anyone has done this before. Do I pay for a truck roll, or can I just mail the receiver back to them? Thanks for any input. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Call Customer Service at the number shown in my signature to have the receiver removed from your account.  You will be provided with instructions to take the receiver to an authorized UPS Store where the receiver will be packaged and returned to AT&T at no cost to you.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Call Customer Service at the number shown in my signature to have the receiver removed from your account.  You will be provided with instructions to take the receiver to an authorized UPS Store where the receiver will be packaged and returned to AT&T at no cost to you.

You may have to drive a while to find one of those authorized UPS Stores as a lot of UPS Stores do not handle the AT&T ship-backs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

The email containing the equipment return instructions provides a link to the UPS website where you can find a Corporate Retail Solutions location which handles U-verse equipment returns.  So you won't have to drive from store to store looking for one that will accept equipment returns.  You will know which UPS locations will accept the equipment.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

The email containing the equipment return instructions provides a link to the UPS website where you can find a Corporate Retail Solutions location which handles U-verse equipment returns.  So you won't have to drive from store to store looking for one that will accept equipment returns.  You will know which UPS locations will accept the equipment.

Sorry, wasn't sugesting they OP drive around to find one, just that when they do find one, it may not be located in the town where they live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I've put this off too long already, so I'll get to it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.