cwh199's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, May 14th, 2011 8:38 PM

Remote documentation

Does AT&T have a manual or some kind of documentation on the use and functions of all the buttons on their remotes? All I got with my remote was a "How to" pamphlet on adding devices to the remote. I know they have video tutorials, but I'm not going to run to my 'puter and re-watch a video when I'm looking for a particular button on the remote to do something! It would be real handy to have a booklet to refer to right next to my remote.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

@cwh199 wrote:

Does AT&T have a manual or some kind of documentation on the use and functions of all the buttons on their remotes? All I got with my remote was a "How to" pamphlet on adding devices to the remote. I know they have video tutorials, but I'm not going to run to my 'puter and re-watch a video when I'm looking for a particular button on the remote to do something! It would be real handy to have a booklet to refer to right next to my remote.

Channell 411, press OK for help in English, My Uverse Equipment then Remote Control Overview.  You'll learn everything about the remote there. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

It would be nice to have.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Yeah, no kidding. I did a search on the website for remote documentation and all I got that looked useful was the same darn thing they gave me when they installed my service! I wouldn't even mind printing it off myself, if they just had something to help identify all the functions. I am still trying to find the button that invokes the U-bar! I got it once, but didn't know what button I had accidentily pushed to get it! I guess I'm going to have to browse through all the posts and get the info from other users that have shared their "surprises" when they hit an unknown button! It's pretty sad when a company the size of this can't afford to produce a document that actually helps their customers.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

Invoke U-bar with the go-interactive button @ 1 o'clock off OK. But, why would anyone want to invoke U-bar after the first look &wait.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Here it is:  Remote Guide

And some more codes:  Code List

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you Richard, but this guide only shows how to program other devices from your remote. It does not show the functions of the keys on the remote itself. this is the same guide I received with the remote. It seems I am just going to have to "play" with all the buttons and then document their functions myself.

Thanks for your response though. I appreciate it.

Camp

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks Chris. Once I watch it, I'll be sure to take notes, so I won't have to jump back and forth to remember which button does what....

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Is this what you are looking for?  U-verse Features

Lower right hand of the page "At&T U-Verse Remote Control"

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Or check out  this site.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.