mtnaer's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 7:06 PM

Refresh Rate On U-Verse TV

My new TV is telling me that ATT U-Verse sends there signal at 60hz. Slower refresh rate means some of main features on new TV don't function. When I called tech support they confirmed. Is anyone able to get a 120hz refresh?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

I don't think there's any cable TV provider that has their boxes refresh faster than 60Hz. The only hardware I know of that can do that is 3D Blu Ray players.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

All broadcast signals carried by every provider, including cable, satellite, IPTV, and over-the-air are all 60 fields per second, interlaced (480i or 1080i), or 60 frames per second, progressive (720p only).

Some DirecTV pay-per-view channels are output as 24 frames per second, progressive.

No broadcast format or any exiting content has any faster frame rates.  Even 3D Blu-Ray is not faster than this.  In fact, it's typically 48 frames per second (24 frames per second per eye).

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Blu-ray at 1080p can refressh at 24 frames. The whole 120/240/600hz is a gimic and really is not going to do anything to make the picture better. At 720p it is 60hz, 1080i, 30hz per frame, 1080p, 60hz. You get the drift.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks - I got caught by the gimic!

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

11 years ago

My TV is 60Htz refresh rates and I experience blurring on fast moving scenes.  Let me see if I understand getting a TV with 120Htz will not correct the problem and only make me 200.00 poorer.  Is that correct and their is nothing you can do but live with it?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

No it will not. Only way to correct blurring on fast motion scenes, is a higher bitrate stream rate to the customer. I keep our box on 1080i, and let the tv upscale to 1080p. Only time I see pixeling, is something like a confetti drop. Otherwise, smooth sailing.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.