U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 23, 2013
11:06:47 AM
View profile
Refresh Rate On U-Verse TV
My new TV is telling me that ATT U-Verse sends there signal at 60hz. Slower refresh rate means some of main features on new TV don't function. When I called tech support they confirmed. Is anyone able to get a 120hz refresh?
My new TV is telling me that ATT U-Verse sends there signal at 60hz. Slower refresh rate means some of main features on new TV don't function. When I called tech support they confirmed. Is anyone able to get a 120hz refresh?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 23, 2013 7:40:36 PM
(0)
Professor
Blu-ray at 1080p can refressh at 24 frames. The whole 120/240/600hz is a gimic and really is not going to do anything to make the picture better. At 720p it is 60hz, 1080i, 30hz per frame, 1080p, 60hz. You get the drift.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Refresh Rate On U-Verse TV

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 23, 2013 12:33:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I don't think there's any cable TV provider that has their boxes refresh faster than 60Hz. The only hardware I know of that can do that is 3D Blu Ray players.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

I don't think there's any cable TV provider that has their boxes refresh faster than 60Hz. The only hardware I know of that can do that is 3D Blu Ray players.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refresh Rate On U-Verse TV

2 of 7 (4,382 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 23, 2013 5:51:59 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by SomeJoe7777 on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:52:47 PM

All broadcast signals carried by every provider, including cable, satellite, IPTV, and over-the-air are all 60 fields per second, interlaced (480i or 1080i), or 60 frames per second, progressive (720p only).

Some DirecTV pay-per-view channels are output as 24 frames per second, progressive.

No broadcast format or any exiting content has any faster frame rates.  Even 3D Blu-Ray is not faster than this.  In fact, it's typically 48 frames per second (24 frames per second per eye).

All broadcast signals carried by every provider, including cable, satellite, IPTV, and over-the-air are all 60 fields per second, interlaced (480i or 1080i), or 60 frames per second, progressive (720p only).

Some DirecTV pay-per-view channels are output as 24 frames per second, progressive.

No broadcast format or any exiting content has any faster frame rates.  Even 3D Blu-Ray is not faster than this.  In fact, it's typically 48 frames per second (24 frames per second per eye).

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (4,290 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 23, 2013 7:40:36 PM
(0)
Professor
Blu-ray at 1080p can refressh at 24 frames. The whole 120/240/600hz is a gimic and really is not going to do anything to make the picture better. At 720p it is 60hz, 1080i, 30hz per frame, 1080p, 60hz. You get the drift.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

4 of 7 (4,268 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 4:59:09 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks - I got caught by the gimic!
Thanks - I got caught by the gimic!

5 of 7 (4,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 5:23:34 AM
(0)
Scholar

My TV is 60Htz refresh rates and I experience blurring on fast moving scenes.  Let me see if I understand getting a TV with 120Htz will not correct the problem and only make me 200.00 poorer.  Is that correct and their is nothing you can do but live with it?

My TV is 60Htz refresh rates and I experience blurring on fast moving scenes.  Let me see if I understand getting a TV with 120Htz will not correct the problem and only make me 200.00 poorer.  Is that correct and their is nothing you can do but live with it?

6 of 7 (4,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 5:27:58 AM
(0)
Professor
No it will not. Only way to correct blurring on fast motion scenes, is a higher bitrate stream rate to the customer. I keep our box on 1080i, and let the tv upscale to 1080p. Only time I see pixeling, is something like a confetti drop. Otherwise, smooth sailing.

No it will not. Only way to correct blurring on fast motion scenes, is a higher bitrate stream rate to the customer. I keep our box on 1080i, and let the tv upscale to 1080p. Only time I see pixeling, is something like a confetti drop. Otherwise, smooth sailing.

7 of 7 (4,207 Views)